THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

old texan

Sep 8, 2021
smack dab in the heart of texas
Detector(s) used
white's classic II white's dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
i just thought i d mention-just got my old age pension-it s the reason that i m tickled here today--owed to billy joe--shaver that is--georgia on a fast train
Well congrats on getting a little bread money.
All I received was the application paperwork.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yesterday I got sent home from work because I had succumbed to a stomach bug. I've been sick as a dog now for a while now. If it ain't comin' out one end, it's comin' out the other. Weak, hot, cold, just feel terrible. I don't know if it's something I ate, or I got the flu, or what.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Yesterday I got sent home from work because I had succumbed to a stomach bug. I've been sick as a dog now for a while now. If it ain't comin' out one end, it's comin' out the other. Weak, hot, cold, just feel terrible. I don't know if it's something I ate, or I got the flu, or what.
Dang it Rusty!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sounds like a stomach bug.
Have to be careful with foods in those hot days.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well I stated last fall when we finished with the turkeys I would build a shack for them.
Saw this big pile of 3/4" plywood forms.
Whatcha doing with those Mr permission.
Want some?
I want the pile.
$400 and I have a prefab turkey shack on the trailer.
82x8ft of product.
20220518_154135.jpg

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
from this website, http://www.oldantiquepottery.info/rrpco.htm:

"In 1900, Frank Ransbottom and his brother started a pottery company in Roseville, Ohio to make stoneware and pottery. By 1916 Ransbottom Pottery was the largest producer of stoneware jars in America. Around 1920, they merged with Robinson Clay Products Co. who created bricks and tiles. The name was changed to RRP Company (to reflect both initials) and product lines expanded to include gardenware in addition to their art pottery and functional goods. The company was able to endure through the great depression and was in business until 2005, when it finally ceased operations. Since RRP Co no longer exists, it fairly assured that their pottery will become more collectible and valuable in the future."

from an etsy post:

"The crown marks from the two companies are very similar, but the crocks produced by RRP have the crown impressed into the clay. ~ the crown mark on this crock is not impressed into the clay, thus dating it from 1900-1920's "​

There are no other markings on the crock besides the crown with the 6 in it. AND, that crown does not appear to be impressed into the clay. So, I am guessing it is also from 1900-1920's. That being said, @releventchair , this would have been from my Polish Grandmother, so sausage in fat.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Geesh, Rusty, you are not having a good start to adulthood! May you get well soon!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread