THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh I'm fair. Partly cloudy. Slight chance of staying home . L.o.l..

But am alright. Thanks for asking.

Sweatshirt yesterday , is too warm today. Should get a storm tonight or tomorrow , or both. ( My excuse for not being on a tractor. That and someone said to stay out of trouble. = Translation , don't have too much fun.) ):

Not a big fan of chemicals but bought a can (yellow popular brand one to get it with lye in it) of oven cleaner.
The nickel wash on the last lanterns fount might get sprayed with it and rinsed today. Not sure what I'll find under the years of grime and crud growing on it.
Some of them coating/skins are thin. And the wrong stuff getting on them or scrubbing , can wear through easy.
I like the heat / warmer temps of this kind of weather for drying tight spots better. So today it should be.

Not a precious red hot or big value lantern to collectors, but is enough to me to take it easy on while learning.

Good to see you post. Evidence you haven't let go of the rope , and a reminder we've an internet friend (you) out your way.
It's good to have members from all points of the compass.
Glad you're doing well. Reminds me due to California already being in the 90s going to be 102 coming in a few days. I've had my fan on at night and window open. Last night I get woken up by a huge gust of wind and realize it's hard to breath in here. Snap awake and realize a huge sand storm kicked up and filled my room with sand and dust. So that was fun

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gave the Max a bone, so I'm on the best buddy list with him.
Digging grubs and worms for the chickens.
Digging a big hole to plant an apple tree for the Mrs.
Beautiful morning breeze blowing, sun out.
Bit of moisture this afternoon.
So back to inside stuff.
Gearing my mind up for a Tuesday hunt.
Lol that's always good stuff. It's ugly out here today hot and a sand storm.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sand storm quickly F'd my room up.

Attachments

• 20220520_083351.jpg
    20220520_083351.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
  • 20220520_083415.jpg
    20220520_083415.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 20

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad you're doing well. Reminds me due to California already being in the 90s going to be 102 coming in a few days. I've had my fan on at night and window open. Last night I get woken up by a huge gust of wind and realize it's hard to breath in here. Snap awake and realize a huge sand storm kicked up and filled my room with sand and dust. So that was fun
L.o.l..
At least the sand hadn't buried you yet.

Early 70's Cali-Az. border we stopped two days for a major blow.
Newspapers later showed vehicles that didn't have windows closed all the way with lots of sand in them.
Semi's blown over in passes ect..
Our windshield was pitted. But that was from driving . not laying low.
We used a building for a wind break.
One vehicle near but in the open had one side sandblasted to the metal... Yikes!

I played in the desert. Couldn't catch the lizards. I'll blame the fierce wind .
Blowing sand hurt. Sometimes it felt like fine gravel was in it.
Fed a downed (weather grounded) seagull tuna fish.
Did a visual for gold bars. Nope! None spotted.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On another note so I'm not so frustrated with my destroyed room. I'll show what my pops had got me for my birthday. This is how you know I'm country lol.

Attachments

• 20220520_085429.jpg
    20220520_085429.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 19
  • 20220520_085500.jpg
    20220520_085500.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 24

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
On another note so I'm not so frustrated with my destroyed room. I'll show what my pops had got me for my birthday. This is how you know I'm country lol.
Sweet!

Much makin do can be done with such.
I've no ferro rod like that. But the means (or similar) is certainly good to have.

Guess what I scored on last nights auction?
E-Bay has 200.00 on a similar set I think. Crazy people.
They're not in stock elsewhere that I know of due to newer stuff being out today.
But I've seen them for 99.00 up.
I went 28.00.
Been wanting a saw as I've got a little wild using a blade while seated and splitting sternums..
(Picture swiped from E-Bay.)

s-l225.jpg

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet!

Much makin do can be done with such.
I've no ferro rod like that. But the means (or similar) is certainly good to have.

Guess what I scored on last nights auction?
E-Bay has 200.00 on a similar set I think. Crazy people.
They're not in stock elsewhere that I know of due to newer stuff being out today.
But I've seen them for 99.00 up.
I went 28.00.
Been wanting a saw as I've got a little wild using a blade while seated and splitting sternums..
(Picture swiped from E-Bay.)

View attachment 2027797
Looks pretty nice

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks pretty nice
Hundreds of knives here.
I might guess my ladyfriend's expression to see more. L.o.l..

There's an S.K.S. rifle coming up next week someone else will likely pay more than I would on it.
Has a removable synthetic magazine instead of the metal original.
Price of those to make it stock configuration would mean bid accordingly.
I've had enough of reversing a Bubba'd up rifle. And used up the stuff to get very ambitious on another.

But there's still a couple knives I'll be watching....
Not like your sweet one though. I'm kind of cheap while still looking for quality.
Two words that don't often go together. Obviously helping keep a door or wall from bursting , and a torrent of knives escaping my house.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hundreds of knives here.
I might guess my ladyfriend's expression to see more. L.o.l..

There's an S.K.S. rifle coming up next week someone else will likely pay more than I would on it.
Has a removable synthetic magazine instead of the metal original.
Price of those to make it stock configuration would mean bid accordingly.
I've had enough of reversing a Bubba'd up rifle. And used up the stuff to get very ambitious on another.

But there's still a couple knives I'll be watching....
Not like your sweet one though. I'm kind of cheap while still looking for quality.
Two words that don't often go together. Obviously helping keep a door or wall from bursting , and a torrent of knives escaping my house.
Well in my case mine was gift. Not something I'd normally buy because I can't afford it. Lol I'll probably never used it because i want to keep it nice. My pops even found it in my favorite colors red and black. It's supposedly high quality and made real tough

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Well in my case mine was gift. Not something I'd normally buy because I can't afford it. Lol I'll probably never used it because i want to keep it nice. My pops even found it in my favorite colors red and black. It's supposedly high quality and made real tough

Dad and I had an informal competition. (He built knives too which didn't hurt his "score".).
But we'd compare notes on what and how much $ on our favorite old carbon kitchen knives were coming at when found reasonable/ cheap.. Many of which served or could serve far beyond a kitchen.
25 cents - 1.00 was about normal.
There were 10 centers at times too.
Considering the time span we collected .... A pile is to be expected.
We didn't hit sales a lot together (too bad it was great when we did) or the competition might have taken on more of a dimension. l.o.l..

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dad and I had an informal competition. (He built knives too which didn't hurt his "score".).
But we'd compare notes on what and how much $ on our favorite old carbon kitchen knives were coming at when found reasonable/ cheap.. Many of which served or could serve far beyond a kitchen.
25 cents - 1.00 was about normal.
There were 10 centers at times too.
Considering the time span we collected .... A pile is to be expected.
We didn't hit sales a lot together (too bad it was great when we did) or the competition might have taken on more of a dimension. l.o.l..
Competition is good. Makes ones skill grow.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey P.J.!
You scrapper you!
That's my name in the industry.
Wear like a badge of honour actually a fellow put the tag on me back in 1990/1.
Retired fellow that sold a paper company, and probably had more money than a horse had hair.
Owned 65 thoroughbreds-"Jim it's an expensive hobby" :laughing7: I still see he's at the Queen's Plate doing his thing.
So when I started up the company I was kind of throwing ideas at the wall to see what stuck.
The Mrs looked over and said go with "Scrapper Jim"
F18EE491-3BE8-44DD-9B45-E45AD82F150C_1_105_c.jpeg
. It worked well it seemed.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well :occasion13: JOHN!

I hear the Capt. is rolling out the keg, and WD is buying you that bottle of special reserve type stuff. (Lucky you)

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well :occasion13: JOHN!

I hear the Capt. is rolling out the keg, and WD is buying you that bottle of special reserve type stuff. (Lucky you)
Lol it had past. It was April 25. I didn't much care for my birthday as it'd been a bad month. And with my grandma passed a few days before hand I wasn't feeling it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions