THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I cheated on getting them.
3 months of airport confiscations. Just before the liquid thing ban.
4 tons of sharp items in 3 months.
Crazy brain dead traveller's.
I saw more donation envelopes.
I've noted airport confiscated goods such as knives at auction.
Heavy on the smallest S.A.K.'s.
A very useful item.
For notching plastic game tags they work great with the little scissors. Making them good gifts for sportspersons here. Plus of course the multiple other functions. I've gifted a few!

I can carry a cane on an aircraft.
Let's picture me facing someone with a mini Swiss Army Knife in a dual.....
It ain't just the travelers that are crazy...L.o.l..

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Salt water bath is good. Draws blood. Firms up soft meat if any.
I do so on fish fillets too sometimes.
There's little bean looking glands in squirrel armpits (one each in side) of front legs if anyone wants to get real fussy and remove them.

Young of the year I just use a chicken recipe on.
(Ribs are still more soft and pliable than the harder bones of older ones is one tell. As is size usually.)
Four legs and back section =4 pieces on the young ones.
Older ones the back section can be halved crossways if desired near last set of ribs.
Older ones I parboil a bit first before frying.
Oven fried in butter after dredging in flour is one I've used the most. Adding fat by using butter doesn't hurt usual lean game meat. And not high temps that would burn butter leans more towards low and slow tender meat vs tough stuff.
Shanks could be wrapped in foil or basted now and then to keep from drying out in the oven baking , but I don't fret it.
I used to take cold leftovers for work lunch. (Sure beat anything else to do with work usually).

One tradition is to remove cooked meat and shred it. Then add to gravy to serve on biscuits. Could just bring to a boil then drop to simmer till tender first.
Stews were common too. As more milage can be obtained from a single or brace of squirrels depending on how many kids are banging spoons on the table.

Was a time and place I was going out and holding out for young "fryers" to have one for breakfast per morning.
Had a good streak going. But had a couple late breakfasts too. L.o.l..
All the above,you know your squirrels!

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning RC
There was so much knife talk going on in here, one couldn't get a word in edge wise.
Gee I sold 3000 Swiss and other folders to another member on a forum.
He financed his trip detecting over the pond.
Still have a bunch, pics later.

Though I have had 2 pulled on me in life.
Not sure what clicks in the head, but I didn't get cut.
Kind of just went street on them.
Climbed in a backseat after one guy, took his butterfly from him.
The other was on the R/R when I was a timekeeper.
Don't much care of seeing steel flashed at me.
I was once taught by a Brit who was a direct descendant of Fairbairn that key to surviving a knife fight if you must have one is to immediately and aggressively go after the guy who pulled the knife. No hesitation,get your knife out as you attack,but attack.His take was that most knife guys like to talk smack and posture to size you up.They don,t expect an immediate attack in return since most people,with good reason,are intimidated by cold steel. He had a lot of experience in this,a few scars but he survived.I never had to put it to the test,but still remember the training.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Bart!
Gettin me fired up just watching.
Tempered with visions of the fish turning the tables and making me a teaser...

Awsome article RC !! its really hard to describe "that feeling" what its like to be that guy !! The one who is the leader man !! The guy who takes a wrap on 400 pound test, or #12 wire.....one false move in this ballet and you can lose a finger, a hand, or even your life !! The adrenaline shot of this action is an incredible rush !!......the physical toll this type of fishing puts on the body is immense, and after 10 straight days of fishing these beasts im struggling with nerve damage in my right arm, sun burn, heat stroke,, and complete exhaustion from long days of trolling from dawn to dusk !! I've also lost 8 pounds (alot for me)....im shredded right now and am sporting a six pack and some serious muscle tone at the moment !! Its an elite club of us professional marlin mates and yes the big shots will spare no cost to get us on there boats for these tournaments. Along the way I've found wrecks and treasure because of the exotic locations I've been to fishing. Back when I was 24 and dropped out of college for marine biology I said fu.k it.....I went for it and followed my dreams of fishing, boat building, and treasurehunting.....I've never looked back and thank the lord for every chance I get to interact with these fantastic beasts !! Im truly blessed !!

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awsome article RC !! its really hard to describe "that feeling" what its like to be that guy !! The one who is the leader man !! The guy who takes a wrap on 400 pound test, or #12 wire.....one false move in this ballet and you can lose a finger, a hand, or even your life !! The adrenaline shot of this action is an incredible rush !!......the physical toll this type of fishing puts on the body is immense, and after 10 straight days of fishing these beasts im struggling with nerve damage in my right arm, sun burn, heat stroke,, and complete exhaustion from long days of trolling from dawn to dusk !! I've also lost 8 pounds (alot for me)....im shredded right now and am sporting a six pack and some serious muscle tone at the moment !! Its an elite club of us professional marlin mates and yes the big shots will spare no cost to get us on there boats for these tournaments. Along the way I've found wrecks and treasure because of the exotic locations I've been to fishing. Back when I was 24 and dropped out of college for marine biology I said fu.k it.....I went for it and followed my dreams of fishing, boat building, and treasurehunting.....I've never looked back and thank the lord for every chance I get to interact with these fantastic beasts !! Im truly blessed !!
Sounds a lot like noodling 75 pound Flathead Catfish,but more upper crust!:laughing7: Seriously,get some rest,eat well, do it all again! Happy you were able to follow your dream and happier that it worked for you.May it always be so!:icon_thumleft:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well there seems to of been 3 deaths and 350,000 outages. Now the hydro keeps moving the goal post of recovery time.
I'm sure they have every available resource in the game.
But the playing field is huge.
Guess it is time to go get me some of those $50 Jerry cans of ⛽️.
Got to ❤️ it when one doesn't get a 😘 even.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread