THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Duck or bleed....Just had this video sent to me by a close friend and fellow marlin mate in San Salvador bahamas. Not sure who or which boat, but what a nice slow motion of a rampaging blue marlin !! These fish can turn the tables on you in the flash of an eye...the adrenaline rush of being the leader man is what makes this absolutely the greatest job on the planet for me !! If I could fish these beast all day every day for the rest of my life I would....the only thing even close to the excitement level was commercial long lining sharks and swords !!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Duck or bleed....Just had this video sent to me by a close friend and fellow marlin mate in San Salvador bahamas. Not sure who or which boat, but what a nice slow motion of a rampaging blue marlin !! These fish can turn the tables on you in the flash of an eye...the adrenaline rush of being the leader man is what makes this absolutely the greatest job on the planet for me !! If I could fish these beast all day every day for the rest of my life I would....the only thing even close to the excitement level was commercial long lining sharks and swords !!

Oh heck no.
I wouldn't be tethered to that now a days. No way!

P.S. , is it my imagination , or is your right arm three inches longer than your left?
(Turn right shoulder rearward slightly when putting hands together to compare length ; and amaze your friends .L.o.l..)

Stay safe , and unimpaled Bart!

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Messing with old brass stuff I've found I just consider eh practicing making mirror finish and found an 14 Italy stamp on this. I'm sure it's just a fake as gold would never look like this being dug lol

Attachments

• mir_20220522_122357.jpg
    mir_20220522_122357.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 21
  • mir_20220522_122421.jpg
    mir_20220522_122421.jpg
    312.9 KB · Views: 14

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welp this is how bored I was polished it up. Didn't have the proper things to make it look perfect but I think the flaws actually give it more character.

Attachments

• 20220522_145705.jpg
    20220522_145705.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
  • 20220522_145725.jpg
    20220522_145725.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 15

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welp this is how bored I was polished it up. Didn't have the proper things to make it look perfect but I think the flaws actually give it more character.
Actually it turned out alright. Something like that gold ring post up that looked the same. Then cleaned up looked it was gold.
Strange, maybe just a real low KT of gold, but stampd 14K

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually it turned out alright. Something like that gold ring post up that looked the same. Then cleaned up looked it was gold.
Strange, maybe just a real low KT of gold, but stampd 14K
No idea it was found on a playground deep in rotted away wood chips. I'm still thinking brass though

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well the hydro one has updated our power outage from 4pm today to 11pm tomorrow night.:BangHead:
8 dead and 430,000 without service.
We got hit by a derecho.
"
The storm that moved across Ontario and Quebec Saturday is known as a “derecho”, a powerful kind of windstorm that is long lasting and far-reaching.

The derecho storm that slashed across southern Ontario and Quebec before moving into Maine left a path of destruction in its wake, and was responsible for at least eight deaths, including three in eastern Ontario"

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess somebody had the faith in believing the Italians 14K medallion was the real deal.
Lol obviously, curious about a gold item you mentioned that was heavily tarnished I can't find the post. This thing had a thick tarnish so I think it is probably brass but who knows

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread