THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good Monday morning, ARC, Oregon Viking, Pepperj and the rest of the crew.

1653300097142.gif

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
We went to the lake this weekend. It was still too bumpy on the water for me. I made a donation to the spring derby. It ends next weekend and I have not been able to fish it at all. My grandson is graduating and his party is next weekend.

Anyway, I was driving back to camp and hubby says we should stop at the scuba shop. We walked in and the first thing I noticed was old bottles on shelving all around the perimeter of the room. I was drooling. The guy asked if he could help us. Conversation started, and I asked , “where did all the bottles come from ?” He replied, “the lake.” Then he gave me this real intense look and said, “There’s lots and lots of stuff in Lake Erie.” Good golly, I think my knees buckled! Next thing I know, I am buying this book.

539A2D83-D7EE-4A76-A08E-25CEBED83F2E.jpeg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We went to the lake this weekend. It was still too bumpy on the water for me. I made a donation to the spring derby. It ends next weekend and I have not been able to fish it at all. My grandson is graduating and his party is next weekend.

Anyway, I was driving back to camp and hubby says we should stop at the scuba shop. We walked in and the first thing I noticed was old bottles on shelving all around the perimeter of the room. I was drooling. The guy asked if he could help us. Conversation started, and I asked , “where did all the bottles come from ?” He replied, “the lake.” Then he gave me this real intense look and said, “There’s lots and lots of stuff in Lake Erie.” Good golly, I think my knees buckled! Next thing I know, I am buying this book.

View attachment 2028257
Oh WD they broke the mold when you were made.:headbang:
Now many fine ladies get weak kneed at seeing a handsome gent/movie star that they meet in real life.

But here we have you getting all weak knee'd over old bottles recovered in the Lake.:hello2:

Now fellow pirates it doesn't get any better than that.
May we all :notworthy: to WD as we all need a hunting partner as she.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well still no power this AM.
Though some areas are up and running sooner than the estimated time of power being restored.
The update from Hydro One
Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 7.44.23 AM.png

I really don't know what some folks are facing this am with having no back up plan for things like this.
Folks are so "what ever" attitude when it comes to even spending a few hundred on a generator for the freezer.
But they'll let food spoil and that means $$$ out of the pocket. Insurance will cover it-the deductible and the hit on the claims side.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Yeah!
Sweet!

I no longer have the particular Zane Grey story of a world record , or quest for one.
He sure got the reader in the boat with him though by sharing the weather the place , the people , some customs , the time .... and the fish....
Over 90 years ago. But a fish on , well that part does not seem to have changed.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Great morning everyone, hope you're all having an amazing day and doing well.
Mornin JVA!

Generous knot on my shin from bonking something yesterday while frogging with the tractors. One of about twenty good marks on it now from collisions. Including a non running boat prop years ago. Other than that it's a doin well day so far.

Wouldn't think a several foot long tow chain would be easy to lose.
Almost grabbed the metal detector. But did eventually spot just a hook peeking out of the dirt.
More tired out batteries need replaced. Charge them up and they poop out fast.
One 6volt on one tractor , and the three wheeled Heald SuperTrike.
Pushed that trike a ways to get it on the driveway and ran over my foot with it about five times.
Got it to fire up and forgot to play with the throttle and manual choke at the same time as holding a brake to keep it from creeping away....And of course it stalled out and battery was dead already.
It did purr though first...

This tryke (Healds spelling) looks similar to mine. Except it's headlight housing looks newer .
And mine is rusty. L.o.l.
Chrome foot and sissy bar. Also rusty.
0XyP4Oy-KPc3ZdFSTbp7Ag.jpg

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mornin JVA!

Generous knot on my shin from bonking something yesterday while frogging with the tractors. One of about twenty good marks on it now from collisions. Including a non running boat prop years ago. Other than that it's a doin well day so far.

Wouldn't think a several foot long tow chain would be easy to lose.
Almost grabbed the metal detector. But did eventually spot just a hook peeking out of the dirt.
More tired out batteries need replaced. Charge them up and they poop out fast.
One 6volt on one tractor , and the three wheeled Heald SuperTrike.
Pushed that trike a ways to get it on the driveway and ran over my foot with it about five times.
Got it to fire up and forgot to play with the throttle and manual choke at the same time as holding a brake to keep it from creeping away....And of course it stalled out and battery was dead already.
It did purr though first...

This tryke (Healds spelling) looks similar to mine. Except it's headlight housing looks newer .
And mine is rusty. L.o.l.
Chrome foot and sissy bar. Also rusty.
View attachment 2028289
Lol sounds like you've had a busy day already. Here I am just laying here in bed not motivated to do much. But all weekend kept myself busy and had been helping my mother, aunt, and uncle work on getting my grandmas house ready for an estate sale and helping decide who gets to keep what.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Lol sounds like you've had a busy day already. Here I am just laying here in bed not motivated to do much. But all weekend kept myself busy and had been helping my mother, aunt, and uncle work on getting my grandmas house ready for an estate sale and helping decide who gets to keep what.
I was fortunate in that "the family" was gracious during our last estate settlement and sale. Saved us from getting bitter or contentious.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread