THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mornin JVA!

Generous knot on my shin from bonking something yesterday while frogging with the tractors. One of about twenty good marks on it now from collisions. Including a non running boat prop years ago. Other than that it's a doin well day so far.

Wouldn't think a several foot long tow chain would be easy to lose.
Almost grabbed the metal detector. But did eventually spot just a hook peeking out of the dirt.
More tired out batteries need replaced. Charge them up and they poop out fast.
One 6volt on one tractor , and the three wheeled Heald SuperTrike.
Pushed that trike a ways to get it on the driveway and ran over my foot with it about five times.
Got it to fire up and forgot to play with the throttle and manual choke at the same time as holding a brake to keep it from creeping away....And of course it stalled out and battery was dead already.
It did purr though first...

This tryke (Healds spelling) looks similar to mine. Except it's headlight housing looks newer .
And mine is rusty. L.o.l.
Chrome foot and sissy bar. Also rusty.
View attachment 2028289
That looks like a version from a few years back.
Someday it pays to keep the toes hidden away.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems that the inner child comes out when the estate crap happens.
The baggage is heavy with some.
Yeah luckily it's been no problem with my family. It's been basically take what you want, everyone is fair about it. Me and my two brothers basically get what we want as well because we were always around helping my grandma so no one argues when we want something. I've got a few things. My grandmas original wedding ring, I got to keep the big crock I posted, and just a bunch of small things.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
That looks like a version from a few years back.
Someday it pays to keep the toes hidden away.
Kits from Benton Harbor Michigan. (They were in lots of magazine adds.)
Great family or individual projects.

Interesting history . Starting with Heathkit where Heald worked and later took over the minibike part on his own.

I corresponded with his designer engineer that took it over from him when he exited .
The old gent was still providing parts and a wealth of information and inspiration.
Sent me a diagram with my parts order that compliments the other documents and paperwork including the original owner / builders order for the Tryke.

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Kits from Benton Harbor Michigan. (They were in lots of magazine adds.)
Great family or individual projects.

Interesting history . Starting with Heathkit where Heald worked and later took over the minibike part on his own.

I corresponded with his designer engineer that took it over from him when he exited .
The old gent was still providing parts and a wealth of information and inspiration.
Sent me a diagram with my parts order that compliments the other documents and paperwork including the original owner / builders order for the Tryke.
I suppose you saw the original ad in Mechanics Illustrated ?

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Monday morning, ARC, Oregon Viking, Pepperj and the rest of the crew.

View attachment 2028246
MONDAY NOPE.jpeg

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mornin JVA!

Generous knot on my shin from bonking something yesterday while frogging with the tractors. One of about twenty good marks on it now from collisions. Including a non running boat prop years ago. Other than that it's a doin well day so far.

Wouldn't think a several foot long tow chain would be easy to lose.
Almost grabbed the metal detector. But did eventually spot just a hook peeking out of the dirt.
More tired out batteries need replaced. Charge them up and they poop out fast.
One 6volt on one tractor , and the three wheeled Heald SuperTrike.
Pushed that trike a ways to get it on the driveway and ran over my foot with it about five times.
Got it to fire up and forgot to play with the throttle and manual choke at the same time as holding a brake to keep it from creeping away....And of course it stalled out and battery was dead already.
It did purr though first...

This tryke (Healds spelling) looks similar to mine. Except it's headlight housing looks newer .
And mine is rusty. L.o.l.
Chrome foot and sissy bar. Also rusty.
View attachment 2028289
Neat tryke!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I actually knew a guy named Clayton DeLaney,he,s still alive though! Since no one else mentioned it,I,ll again say nice new avatar pic there Wannadig!
Thank you, again , crash. I had to get a pic without sunglasses and a hat for my scuba program. Thought I would just update my Tnet appearance also.

Lol, if you zoom in on it, you can see my crazy eyes.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Our first born grandson is graduating high school tonight. Man those grandkids really know how to make you old!
You must of started really really really really really young.
36yrs old-kid-their kid-+/-% margin of error.
No not believing that one. 😇

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread