THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey jv-i hope you get to feeling better-i think the sandstorm had a lot to do with it
Thank you. I just go through ups and downs a lot. Gad is a hell of a thing to live with most will never comprehend

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I now know one thing.

NEVER.

EVER.

Go to Gettysburg on memorial day weekend.

There were so many people at that town it was insane. There was a traffic jam on the battlefield! New Yorkers, New Jersians, and all other ilk from New England (just kidding. I guess) clogging up the works and being terrible drivers. I didn't even bother photographing much of anything. Too many people. There were kids doing tik tok dances in front of memorials honoring the fallen dead. It made me sick.

I'll go again later in the year, NOT on a holiday weekend.

I did buy some nice relics though, and expanded by battlefield find collection. I'll post pics later.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DSC_0899.jpg
DSC_0903.jpg

Here is some mediocre shots of the Trostle Farm. The barn and front yard of the house were the death site of the horses of the 9th Massachusetts Artillery Battery - sixteen of them all killed and lain on the front lawn. Over 100 dead horses were found on the property.
F505BFA4-F5B1-542A-A83745DD8B19D54F.jpg

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to do a little detecting today hit up a small park in Snelling California the playground gave me 4 dollars in change within a couple of minutes. Left there went out further in the mountains looked around a old school house found a couple of modern pennies and a fork no makers mark so don't know how old it is. Basically another eh metal detecting outing.

Attachments

• 20220528_204524.jpg
    20220528_204524.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 21
  • 20220528_204544.jpg
    20220528_204544.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
  • 20220528_204606.jpg
    20220528_204606.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobody ever says a word to me ?? I'm supposed to read minds ?? Its real simple....all ya have to do is text me or call me and say.....yes Bart....we would like to fish on Sunday morning.....we would like to leave the dock between 8-9 am. It would be real nice if you could let me know before 9pm the night before !! After 9pm im not accepting work related calls....im in bed !! So now I sit wondering what the plan is.....im unable to make a plan for myself on memorial day weekend because no one has the courtesy to let me know WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON !! Nothing pisses me off more !!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Nobody ever says a word to me ?? I'm supposed to read minds ?? Its real simple....all ya have to do is text me or call me and say.....yes Bart....we would like to fish on Sunday morning.....we would like to leave the dock between 8-9 am. It would be real nice if you could let me know before 9pm the night before !! After 9pm im not accepting work related calls....im in bed !! So now I sit wondering what the plan is.....im unable to make a plan for myself on memorial day weekend because no one has the courtesy to let me know WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON !! Nothing pisses me off more !!
Sorry Bart.

I'd like to go fishing today at 11:00 A.M..
Swing by and pick me up please!

Ain't the people side of things great?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Got to do a little detecting today hit up a small park in Snelling California the playground gave me 4 dollars in change within a couple of minutes. Left there went out further in the mountains looked around a old school house found a couple of modern pennies and a fork no makers mark so don't know how old it is. Basically another eh metal detecting outing.

Heck of an outing JVA! Good mix of sites.
Congrats.

I had to check a map for locale to compare to the only place I stayed in the state for reference.

Of course I was wandering about the map shortly after ....To somewhere I didn't stay. And now have to play the same video , again.

Those old cars out there. It was discussed that someone hauling rebuilt or new engines West could return with some fantastic bodies.
Our host said people get tired of an old car after a couple engines and just want something else.
While our rust belt eyes were feasting on oldies.
Some do rust in areas near the ocean. But they were not rotting out prematurely.
Plus neighboring states had old stuff too.
Part of my enjoyment in them (as in most places a vehicle can last a while) was hitting local joints and seeing what the old folks drove.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all.

Power washed two trucks ,two tractors , the tryke and riding mower and wheelchair ramp yesterday and got trike all running. Don't recall running the three wheeler last year. It could use some attention on the carb . A downdraft type if remembered correctly. Too much playing with the manual choke behind the seat with the right hand while working throttle on right grip with left hand , I'm not that talented while speeding or slowing.

Neighbor brought a dozen eggs out for me while I was tearing up the road in front of thier place trying to fix it a little. Didn't even throw them at me...:hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread