THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning, ARC, Pepper and traveller.
I took yesterday off for just about everything. I have been working hard for the past couple of weeks. Even the MR has noticed. So, this week is a play week. I did sweep and mop the kitchen floor yesterday, so I wasn't totally worthless. I worked on pictures in the morning. I really want to post a thread in bottles and glass, I just don't have everything ready, yet. BuckIdgr and I went to the Scuba shop and I bought a long suit. I got to tell ya, guys, I am loving this new hobby! I haven't had the first dive yet, not even the first in-the-pool instruction. Someone please, PLEASE, ask me why I love it so much already!

Today, I am picking up my daughter. She and her hubby presented me with a gift on Father's Day. Yes, that's right, I got a gift. It is awesome. Turns out they were off somewhere and came across a tree that was uprooted and they found this little object. That is the gift. She is going to lead me to this tree today, and we are going to hunt.

View attachment 2033055

View attachment 2033056

View attachment 2033057

Tomorrow, I am going out with @OhioMetalMaven on a permission she has. So sweet of her to invite me! Now, I have a little anxiety. She makes videos, ya know.

Thursday is supposed to be a swim day with the Grandkids.

Yep. Nothing is getting done this week, for sure. Oh, but the garden! I will have to find time for that. It needs weeded. The Mr said it was the best looking garden I have had since we moved here. I owe @bill from lachine for that. He sure did teach me a lot about the gardening thing. I have got radishes coming out of my ears! I need to get the dehydrator out for those. I have got one cherry tomato and two sweet peppers so far. There will be squash ready in a couple days. Oh and lettuce.

Yep, Play week for me!:hello2:

I have some pics to share, so let me get on that.
Ya better get moving on that SCUBA ! Best place to spend an hour (on these 90 + degree days) is in the deep end, on the bottom, of a pool :):headbang:

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great morning all, wishing everyone such a wonderful day. It will be another busy one for me. Spent all day yesterday moving stuff into storage and once I was done with that I had to do my workout and then it was straight to bed. Will be the same process today ugh lol

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great morning all, wishing everyone such a wonderful day. It will be another busy one for me. Spent all day yesterday moving stuff into storage and once I was done with that I had to do my workout and then it was straight to bed. Will be the same process today ugh lol
Morning John

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
black-pearl.jpg

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Black Pearl was originally a merchant ship called Wicked Wench (the name of the ship from the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction at Disneyland Park, which is shown shelling a fort), but its crew later turned to piracy under the command of a pirate captain named Morgan, who was killed during a battle with Spanish Royal Navy Captain Armando Salazar. The helmsman, Jack Sparrow, was granted captaincy of the Wicked Wench after out-maneuvering Salazar and saving the crew during battle.[1]

Years later, the Wicked Wench became registered to the East India Trading Company and owned by Cutler Beckett, the EITC Director for West Africa. At the time, Jack Sparrow was in the employ of the East India Trading Company and regained captaincy of the Wicked Wench (this fits in with reality as history notes that pirates did not build ships specifically to commit piracy. Instead, they either bought or stole small, fast vessels, then retrofitted them with heavy armaments).

(As detailed in the 2011 Disney Publishing novel, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Price of Freedom, written by A.C. Crispin)

Jack Sparrow captained the Wicked Wench for Cutler Beckett for about a year, hauling various cargoes, but he refused to haul slaves. Hoping to recruit Sparrow as one of his many "operatives", Beckett indulged what he regarded as an odd peccadillo of Sparrow's until he and the captain came to part ways. Beckett had dispatched Sparrow on a mission to find the lost island of Kerma, and the treasure at the heart of its underground labyrinth, but Sparrow double-crossed the EITC official and claimed he couldn't locate the island. Suspicious that Sparrow had indeed found the island and the treasure, but had not given him its accurate location, Beckett, determined to browbeat the captain into obedience, and demanded that the young captain transport a cargo of slaves to the New World. Initially Sparrow agreed, but when he realized that he was betraying the Wicked Wench, as well as himself, he rebelled and freed the slaves by taking them to Kerma for safe asylum.

Furious that Sparrow had flouted his orders and stolen the "cargo" of "black gold", Beckett had Sparrow thrown into jail. After allowing him to languish for a couple of months, Beckett had Sparrow transported to the Wicked Wench's anchorage, about a mile from the coast of West Africa, near Calabar on the Bight of Benin. After personally branding Sparrow with the "P" brand (so he'd be forever identifiable as a pirate), Cutler Beckett gave the order to fire incendiary carcass charges at the Wicked Wench, in order to totally demoralize her captain. Sparrow fought his way free from his guards, dove overboard and attempted to rescue his burning, foundering ship, but he was too late. The Wicked Wench turned into an inferno, then sank, taking Jack with her. But, while dying, Sparrow called upon Davy Jones, and struck a bargain with him: his soul and one hundred years service aboard the Flying Dutchman, in return for a continued human existence of thirteen years as captain, plus saving the Wicked Wench and transforming her into the fastest, most dangerous pirate ship on the seven seas. Jones agreed, and raised the ship from the sea floor, now a charred vessel with an angel figurehead. [2]

In keeping with her scorched appearance, Jack painted his ship black and added black sails, rechristening her "the Black Pearl". Two years later, the Black Pearl was in search of the mysterious Isla de Muerta with a new crew, where the legendary Chest of Cortés was hidden. Captain and crew agreed to equal shares of the treasure, but devious first mate Hector Barbossa persuaded Jack that equal shares included knowing the treasure's location. Jack complied, and soon after Barbossa led a mutiny and marooned Jack on an island with nothing but a pistol containing one shot.

The crew found the Aztec gold, which was spent very quickly, not believing in the curse placed on it: that anyone who stole the coins would become an undead being, unable to feel anything but unsoothable hunger, and that only moonlight would reveal their true form. This curse being real, the pirates were soon hideous living skeletons with tattered flesh and clothing clinging to their bones. Even the Black Pearl was affected by the curse upon its crew, becoming constantly shrouded in an eerie mist and operating with tattered sails ripped in many places.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Came across this cleaning up. I can remember the unpleasantness of being on the receiving end of this sucker. Full metal, fully auto airsoft rifle. I remember having straight lines of welts on me when in the line of fire lol.

Attachments

• 20220621_141743.jpg
    20220621_141743.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread