THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing like chicken wrangling to bring a family together.
You should of seen when we had to capture our goats and move them to my neighbors oh that was a disaster and full of yelling and arguing with each other lol.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should of seen when we had to capture our goats and move them to my neighbors oh that was a disaster and full of yelling and arguing with each other lol.
I bet that was a site.

Perhaps you have read about the Leghorn Trail out of Texas to Kansas. The used to drive herds of chickens up it in the 1800s. Many a chickenboy died protecting the herd from chicken rustlers.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet that was a site.

Perhaps you have read about the Leghorn Trail out of Texas to Kansas. The used to drive herds of chickens up it in the 1800s. Many a chickenboy died protecting the herd from chicken rustlers.
I,ve heard of the Leghorn Trail and the hardships endured by those chicken drovers. There was a branch of that trail that left Kansas and continued on to San Francisco,the Chicken Chokers Trail,the descendants of those drives populate a good part of San Fran today.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet that was a site.

Lol well that sounds rather unpleasant. Goats are stubborn creatures. My neighbor helped me catch them took two of us to drag each goat to his land. One person grabbing each horn and dragging the goat along. They are a lot stronger than one would think

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol well that sounds rather unpleasant. Goats are stubborn creatures. My neighbor helped me catch them took two of us to drag each goat to his land. One person grabbing each horn and dragging the goat along. They are a lot stronger than one would think
Strong ornery animals.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just ask any Afghan Taliban,if you get my drift?

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Free, I'm Free at last, from my deep dark semi watery grave .:occasion14::laughing7::goldpan:
012.JPG
008.JPG

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going through my bottle collection(nothing all that exciting most my collection is 1930s-1950 with a couple older things). Forgot I had this glass baby bottle not that glass abs baby bottle sound like a good mix. Still I think neat probably a common find though but I only have one so neat enough to me.

Attachments

• 20220623_154541.jpg
    20220623_154541.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
  • 20220623_154554.jpg
    20220623_154554.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions