THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin P.J.!

I have not broken anything yet today.

Wrestled a 50 pound rubber wheelchair ramp to the back deck for outside the sliding door. 4 inches tall at threshold end. After repairs to the decking and getting the wood and aluminum stub of a ramp off from prior use. (Screw heads were rotted of course. Time it started coming loose from prying the decking was too.)

50 lbs. must be over my weight limit using a wheelchair from front yard up ramp through house. The awkward size might be more of a factor...

A couple of the dogs that need it most (I had a drop to get to the old ramp they tripped on/over) are using the new one well.
Others don't want to walk on it.
Like the heavy bulldog I've pushed out the door a couple times and tries to broad jump it.
I have lifted him when outside and set him on it. But he's getting heavy too! L.o.l..

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been researching some of my own discoveries......wow.....I've found an enormous plantation/town on a very remote bahamian island. It is enormous and im certain very few have laid eyes on it !! The size and layout of the ruins are the largest buildings I've seen on any bahamian plantations anywhere else !! Totally incredible find, and the more I dig on sat imagery the more I find.....there must be at least 30+ slave quarters, and some strange circular structures.....other structures could be warehouses and large manor homes !! This is the most overlooked treasure opportunities anywhere.....the loyalist movement in the bahamas !! As soon as I got away from hunting spanish treasure in the bahamas and switched to hunting loyalist treasure.....I found gold and silver coins very quickly !! This is one hell of a discovery, and these old decaying ruins from the 1780s are just ripe for caches !! This new find goes to top of the list now.....I can't imagine what artifacts, coins, and bottles are out on this site....its a major major site !! Woooo hoooo !!

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chiggers are horrible little parasites. Worse than poison ivy.
Something worse than poison ivy well that's a horrible thought. Poison ivy leaves me in misery for weeks. I get blisters all over, swell and ooze liquid. My reaction to the stuff is terrible

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_20220625-111121_Maps.jpg
20220625_111523.jpg

Large manor homes/warehouses in the lower circles, and large slave quarters, or town in upper large circle. Could be large church or school in lower circles ??

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2033656 View attachment 2033657
Large manor homes/warehouses in the lower circles, and large slave quarters, or town in upper large circle. Could be large church or school in lower circles ??
That's neat, must be so cool to be able to go out and adventure like that. I'd never be able to do that my generalized anxiety disorder would never allow it and I'm broke lol. I wish you much luck on your adventure, can't wait to see what you find.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_20220625-114019_Maps.jpg
Screenshot_20220625-114035_Maps.jpg
Screenshot_20220625-114125_Maps.jpg

Other marks and scrapes on the island....what this island has to offer !!
2 spanish wrecks off shore with treasure.
Massive abandoned loyalist settlement.
Small population.
Good anchorage.

I know a couple folks who hunted this type of ruins in the 80s.....they did well with gold coins and artifacts....many many square gin bottles !! Ill dive into my loyalist archives and see if I can find a plantation name, or loyalist family name.....this is to big not to be known.....im up to 50-60 visible building ruins !!
Screenshot_20220625-114521_Maps.jpg

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Here is just a little of how I resaerch......this article gives me a great description of where to hunt great artifacts in the bahamas.....it says devouex landed 1 mile east of the fort....and then marched along the shore to the fort....let's see where that would be.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something worse than poison ivy well that's a horrible thought. Poison ivy leaves me in misery for weeks. I get blisters all over, swell and ooze liquid. My reaction to the stuff is terrible
Take it from a person highly allergic to poison ivy, a bad case of chiggers are worse. Lots of good treatments for poison ivy now, including pills that knock it out fairly quickly. But them dam chiggers bore into your body and true misery begins. Even with chiggers medicine it can take a while to get them.

Last edited:

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take it from a person highly allergic to poison ivy, a bad case of chiggers are worse. Lots of good treatments for poison ivy now, including pills that knock it out fairly quickly. But them dam chiggers bore into your body and true misery begins. Even with chiggers medicine it can take a we hide to get them.
Well than I'm glad those buggers aren't around here lol. If it's worse than poison ivy I for one want nothing to do with it lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions