THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I,m not the least allergic to any form of poison ivy,oak or sumac. Chiggers on the other hand I cannot abide,drive me absolutely crazy with itching. If you have chiggers,clorox is your friend. A big splash in a foot tub of water,bathe the affected areas,usually the ankles,very well and they,re done.Kills them right now and relieves the itch.
Try peroxide next time.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take it from a person highly allergic to poison ivy, a bad case of chiggers are worse. Lots of good treatments for poison ivy now, including pills that knock it out fairly quickly. But them dam chiggers bore into your body and true misery begins. Even with chiggers medicine it can take a while to get them.
Clorox brother,clorox is your friend.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Permethrin will work too,the kind sold as tick repellent.Spray right out of the can onto the affected area.Wash off in 20 minutes or so.Kills the chiggers,but don,t do much for the itch I,ve found.That goes away in a day or so.Old timers say WD-40 works too,but I,ve never tried that. Always had some Clorox handy.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Permethrin will work too,the kind sold as tick repellent.Spray right out of the can onto the affected area.Wash off in 20 minutes or so.Kills the chiggers,but don,t do much for the itch I,ve found.That goes away in a day or so.Old timers say WD-40 works too,but I,ve never tried that. Always had some Clorox handy.
The for sure method is amputation. Works every time.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only one Itty bitty thing wrong with these home remedy poison ivy cures. They are cures, treatments I do prevention. I have not had poison ivy now in several years, even after contact. You guys treat. I practice prevent. I do think better option.
You think very well,I see no Clorox in your past!:laughing7:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out here in the.. Wild Wild West... we have poison oak.

We use this!

oak soap.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread