THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning Bart, Pepper, RC and RTR.
I swear I seen you drive past my place a few weeks back Roger.
That or it was another gentleman that looks just like you with the same color and type of vehicle.
Sure looks fast!
Where did you see it ? Little known fact Cobras(that Carroll Shelby produced) never had stripes.That was a dealers idea that stuck:)
014.JPG

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well not sure what to think about this my aunt handed me a old faded little envelope and said do you want this? Opened it and it is I think crowns or something that are gold that would of been old ones my grandparents had replaced at some point. Just a funky feeling having them but I figured I'd just take them.

Attachments

• 20220626_125041.jpg
    20220626_125041.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 14

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well not sure what to think about this my aunt handed me a old faded little envelope and said do you want this? Opened it and it is I think crowns or something that are gold that would of been old ones my grandparents had replaced at some point. Just a funky feeling having them but I figured I'd just take them.
Never heard of that. First time for everything.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never heard of that. First time for everything.
Yeah apparently its a things to have gold teeth stuff. I myself don't know much either. But yeah was um odd to be given these. I guess I'll weird my jeweler out and see what he thinks

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It,s not a new thing for jewelers.They see it all the time. Most folks who have crowns and for some reason wind up with not needing them anymore sell them,local jeweler is the easiest guy to take them too.
Yeah I really don't want to keep them may melt the gold off. I don't think the teeth are real teeth under the crowns. Just far too morbid for me but I'd rather take them for the gold since they were offered to me

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I really don't want to keep them may melt the gold off. I don't think the teeth are real teeth under the crowns. Just far too morbid for me but I'd rather take them for the gold since they were offered to me
Try prying the crowns off first.Maybe a real small flat blade screwdriver.Regardless of if the teeth are real,if you heat them up the teeth will probably burn and smell really bad before the gold melts.Maybe a dab of heat to loosen the adhesive but not enough to burn the teeth.Or smack em with a hammer!:laughing7::icon_thumleft:

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try prying the crowns off first.Maybe a real small flat blade screwdriver.Regardless of if the teeth are real,if you heat them up the teeth will probably burn and smell really bad before the gold melts.Maybe a dab of heat to loosen the adhesive but not enough to burn the teeth.Or smack em with a hammer!:laughing7::icon_thumleft:
Hammer time!

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's just a odd feeling going with it since these are from one or both of my grandparents that are now gone. I don't want these since for me it just feel morbid yeah they've been in the envelope since I was young as for whatever reason my grandparents had then replaced or something but still idk

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's just a odd feeling going with it since these are from one or both of my grandparents that are now gone. I don't want these since for me it just feel morbid yeah they've been in the envelope since I was young as for whatever reason my grandparents had then replaced or something but still idk
I get that,I,d feel the same. Nothing wrong with what you have in mind. These could have been from a bridge or partial plate.Later they may have gotten full dentures and had no need for those anymore and gold not being as valuable as today just tucked them away. I don,t keep stuff like that. Bones either.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get that,I,d feel the same. Nothing wrong with what you have in mind. These could have been from a bridge or partial plate.Later they may have gotten full dentures and had no need for those anymore and gold not being as valuable as today just tucked them away. I don,t keep stuff like that. Bones either.
Too bad, crash, cause I had a bone to pick with you.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah so I just want to find out what kind of gold it is and have it melted into a little Ingot

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread