THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a good friend seek me out last night to show me treasure......he found a portion of a gold money chain.....10 great big heavy links. Hes a captain of a shark research boat, and he showed me the exact spot where he eyeballed it. Ill return next year with detectors to this very isolated and far out islands of the bahamas. Im narrowed down to about 300 feet of beach.....man these are the type of things that can really pan out.....I've got 10 months to wait, or I go on my own dime and check it !! Beautiful section of gold chain....there's got to be more, they were usally 10-12 feet long !!.......and what else could be there ?

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Goodwill. Problem with these older planes is finding parts. Don't crash you say??
I go fast hard!!:headbang:

View attachment 2033995

View attachment 2033996
Your flight Sim. is well worth the money.Second best thing is Slow planes.Like the Super Cub :headbang:
2008_1123Mttohuntdeer4th0486.JPG
2008_1123Mttohuntdeer4th0489.JPG

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May your rode never tangle either. (rememberer to tie your end off securely)

So true. And if you are a ganja smoking Jamaican Rastafarian sailor with long dread locks, do not confuse your dreads with the rope and tie them off to the anchor. Nothing ruins a good ganja high like being pulled overboard by your dreadlocks.

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So true. And if you are a ganja smoking Jamaican Rastafarian sailor with long dread locks, do not confuse your dreads with the rope and tie them off to the anchor. Nothing ruins a good ganja high liking being pulled overboard by your dreadlocks.
Nothing like seeing the JRS going through the hawsehole on the ship.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im beside myself with treasure fever.... I have held and seen the gold, it comes from a close veteran friend, its a for real treasure like the Portuguese gold coin spot.....this is not a rumor....its for real. I just looked in the fantastic Tony jaggers book an bahamian treasure wrecks, and BOOM baby!!

Most times there's treasure and no story behind it.....this is different....this is a real piece of treasure that is probably linked to one of the biggest legends !! I think we have the first piece of treasure from a very famous sailing ship with 600,000 dollars in treasure aboard in 1680 !! Im sweating as I dig deeper !! I can't break free from the grips of this spanish treasure fever....the more treasure I find, and the more people who know I treasure hunt, the more people come to me with finds and stories !! This guy has not much historical knowledge of what this could be from, but he's still excited about the find itself !! I can't believe the opportunities still left in the bahamas......I myself know of 4 islands where there is 100%treasure laying around to be gotten. I asked about conditions of the beach....specifically about sand depth, and rock......it was described to me as...DUST OVER CRUST !! This is the only way he was able to eyeball this treasure. A lucky timing when the sand has thinned to reveal the treasure resting on the rock below the light sand.....if this is the case I will absolutely wipe this spot clean of all treasure with these conditions......a metaldetectorists dream scenario !!

A first discovery of treasure in a Virgin spot, with ideal conditions, thats never seen a detector, and may be the tip of a mega treasure !! Im so frigging fired up !!

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im beside myself with treasure fever.... I have held and seen the gold, it comes from a close veteran friend, its a for real treasure like the Portuguese gold coin spot.....this is not a rumor....its for real. I just looked in the fantastic Tony jaggers book an bahamian treasure wrecks, and BOOM baby!!

Most times there's treasure and no story behind it.....this is different....this is a real piece of treasure that is probably linked to one of the biggest legends !! I think we have the first piece of treasure from a very famous sailing ship with 600,000 dollars in treasure aboard in 1680 !! Im sweating as I dig deeper !! I can't break free from the grips of this spanish treasure fever....the more treasure I find, and the more people who know I treasure hunt, the more people come to me with finds and stories !! This guy has not much historical knowledge of what this could be from, but he's still excited about the find itself !! I can't believe the opportunities still left in the bahamas......I myself know of 4 islands where there is 100%treasure laying around to be gotten. I asked about conditions of the beach....specifically about sand depth, and rock......it was described to me as...DUST OVER CRUST !! This is the only way he was able to eyeball this treasure. A lucky timing when the sand has thinned to reveal the treasure resting on the rock below the light sand.....if this is the case I will absolutely wipe this spot clean of all treasure with these conditions......a metaldetectorists dream scenario !!

A first discovery of treasure in a Virgin spot, with ideal conditions, thats never seen a detector, and may be the tip of a mega treasure !! Im so frigging fired up !!
We all wish you fantastic fortune. But please remember to post the GPS Coordinators.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

How many miles is it by water from your home port to the Bahamas?

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a great hobby (once you somewhat master it). This Super Cub has logged a little over 500 miles ,love this plane.
With...Point & shoot 5 oz. 16 MP Cam.
Bigger Apprentice wing.
Beefed up Alum. landing gear.
2009_1218Mttohuntdeer4th0050.JPG
2009_1218Mttohuntdeer4th0098.JPG
2009_1218Mttohuntdeer4th0063.JPG
2010_0319Mttohuntdeer4th0052.JPG
2011_0803Mttohuntdeer4th0015.JPG
004.JPG

Bigger Fun Cub tire .
1,300 3 cell Li-Po.
Eflight brushless 480 motor.
AUW 33.10 ozs.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Logistics are tough.....I need 3 days to search and recover whats there, I need to bunker water, food, shelter, and equipment.....it would be a scary and dangerous solo mission.....solo also means I need someone to drop off and pick up (a partner)

Or....I get my boss to anchor out while marlin fishing, and they leave me ashore to GET THE GOLD !! Ill use the inflatable paddle board to get in and out !! Woooo hoooo !! Let's do this !!

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Logistics are tough.....I need 3 days to search and recover whats there, I need to bunker water, food, shelter, and equipment.....it would be a scary and dangerous solo mission.....solo also means I need someone to drop off and pick up (a partner)

Or....I get my boss to anchor out while marlin fishing, and they leave me ashore to GET THE GOLD !! Ill use the inflatable paddle board to get in and out !! Woooo hoooo !! Let's do this !!

Remember to share with your Tnet pirate crew, Bart. I know it is pretty tough words, but remember Cap'n Arc's words to selfish pirates. "A selfish pirate is a poo poo head pirate". Tough words from a tough Cap'n.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20220626_145440.jpg
20220626_164649.jpg
20220626_153054.jpg

Cut some cuban mahogany yesterday..... saw was so sharp I barley had to push the mill !! 4 inch thick slabs.....im so sore from muscling them all the way to the drying tent !! Got to weigh 250-300 pounds each !!

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread