THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here's a little history of where I am most likely moving to. So do you guys think I'll have luck in treasure hunting? https://wanderwisdom.com/travel-destinations/Hornitos-California-A-Hidden-Gold-Rush-Town
Well it looks like you might have to get the coil on the dirt around the new place.
Took a quick Google look, but the street view was really slow tonight.
Best of luck John, hope it happens.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it looks like you might have to get the coil on the dirt around the new place.
Took a quick Google look, but the street view was really slow tonight.
Best of luck John, hope it happens.
I'm hoping too I just need some change in general been a rough year

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am allowed to speak of what made things rough for my family now. Covid regulations and just the downturn of the economy and how things were handled lead our small business(catering) to crater. So we are another small business victim of covid and the times. The company is bankrupt.
I hate to hear that John,truly. My heart goes out to you,in all sincerity!

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to hear that John,truly. My heart goes out to you,in all sincerity!
I'm sure my step dad and my mother will be alright. Just sucks I had work with that and enjoyed it. It was doing so well till covid came about, the over reaction, and just the punishment it put on small business

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I am allowed to speak of what made things rough for my family now. Covid regulations and just the downturn of the economy and how things were handled lead our small business(catering) to crater. So we are another small business victim of covid and the times. The company is bankrupt.
Stay family!

Another business. Or the former revived. Or subbing for another caterer .
You have the skills in your group.

My brother in law's brain isn't going to heal it seems.
His mother catered. He catered. Her estate became his. And my sister has been working on thinning the estate out. As catering is over it seems.

Not easy for her as she was involved in caterings with them both over time.
And it's the third consecutive estate in a row to wrestle with.
They used his Mom's house for the catering still after she was gone as it had all the equipment.
It was recently re-roofed as it was getting tired. Not sure I'd want to be trying to sell it , but that lot falls on my sister when the time comes. It'll sell.
But , it's getting cleared out a little in the meantime when she gets a little time . Knowing what it's like to do it all at once....

Bittersweet. But a way of going forward too.

I have not had a recent update on my sisters estate that the same sister is handling for her nephew who is being a jerk about it.
Leaving it alone as far as buying it , but the location is fine by me. And it'll sell cheaper than need be too probably. Though at least one offer was above the low asking price.
It's on quite a hill. Tons of stairs. Small lot.
Within a strong arms rock throw of the now gone little shack I was brought home to after being birthed. An area I've known awhile.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was yong and only went in the mangroves to find the square groupers.....I came upon a cluster of a half dozen onion bottles......it was years later when I realized that this was evidence of spanish shipwreck survivors.....ill look for evidence today in the bush !!

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was yong and only went in the mangroves to find the square groupers.....I came upon a cluster of a half dozen onion bottles......it was years later when I realized that this was evidence of spanish shipwreck survivors.....ill look for evidence today in the bush !!
Careful in there.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest: