THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

RayHeezy

Mar 26, 2014
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get this too.....I have been researching the survivors from the 1733 fleet capitana...."el rubi segundo". As I read, research, and interview people who have found treasure, I've narrowed down the locations of where the rafts of survivors and camp sites are.....recently the bullseye 🎯 for survivors camp and first raft landing site is almost directly adjacent to the property on the ocean side !! So far I have mr. Drony an ex treasure hunter and nursery owner who found a Spanish skeleton with gold escudos in 1988 clearing land for his nursery. This was one of the nobels aboard the capitana. That was about a 1/4 mile from our property. Then my woodshop partners dad found a Spanish rapier about a half mile to the east and north of us !! Then straight across the island from us on the ocean side was the camp site and raft landing site for 60 wealthy nobles that survived the hurricane 🌀 and wreck. They would have all carried as much gold as possible on that raft !! We have 100 ft x 1/2 mile strip of undeveloped never cleared woods in the heart of this raft/camp site !! There is a slight chance there could be something unbelievable back in this prehistoric forest related to the 1733 fleet.....the capitana was loaded with gold, and much of it was brought to the beach by survivors right here !! Im still in shock that we are this close to the first raft/camp site !! We will soon get up in this dense jungle !! Woooo hooo another adventure !!
If you ever need a mangrove trekking partner I'm not far up the road and love the swamp :)

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning Sir Pepper hope you are well. how are those gorgeous fluffy furballs of urs doing? Hope you are catering to their every whim! 😊
The Max is still a sleeping (let sleeping dog lie)
Cats are fed (back to sleep-sleep/eat/sleep/eat)
All is quiet on the ship
Can't find old 8 yr links to pendants/shields the ones I have won't open. GRRR!
Posted my pretty one up on the RPT

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Grandfather had a bait shop and store on a local lake for a bunch of years.He had a concrete minnow vat in the shade with a aerator that hung from the roof he had over it.Two things I learned from him about minnows is to keep them cool and aerated and you,ll lose very few. He raised his own crickets too,but that,s another story.
48 hours and no fatalities overnight :)

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
The Max is still a sleeping (let sleeping dog lie)
Cats are fed (back to sleep-sleep/eat/sleep/eat)
All is quiet on the ship
Can't find old 8 yr links to pendants/shields the ones I have won't open. GRRR!
Posted my pretty one up on the RPT
Good, all is as it should be then 😆 yes I saw yours! it’s a beauty! I never knew such thing existed, I think I love mine more than my hammered ! Not to worry, I like a bit of research, even if not successful, but thank you so much for checking! x

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I kid you not. I went back to bed and did not wake up until hubby got in from fishing at around 2:15 p. m. Just in time to get ready to leave. I do believe the stress of everything is getting to me.
Well at least you got some needed rest.
Yes, stress can create a mess, which we all need less.

In India in 1993 sitting in the Victoria station in Bombay surrounded by armed police and the army guarding the station.
reasons was 12 bombs went off in the city that day-we were stressed as the stock exchange we were going to see was blown apart.
So I got into a chat with a professor after a bit, and I commented on the day, and being somewhat concerned stressed.
I asked him if he was, knowing/understanding the situation better than us.
He said these words of wisdom I apply to this day.

"No, don't you worry sir"
"What happened yesterday-we can do nothing about it, as it has already past"
"What will happen tomorrow-we do not know, as it hasn't happened yet"
"Right now we're ok-as nothing has happened to us"

Basically live in the moment, don't get mired in the past, don't worry about the future.
Everything important, is right now.

So when things get a tad heavy-I remember this memory-apply it, and it seems to calm the waters a tad.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Well at least you got some needed rest.
Yes, stress can create a mess, which we all need less.

In India in 1993 sitting in the Victoria station in Bombay surrounded by armed police and the army guarding the station.
reasons was 12 bombs went off in the city that day-we were stressed as the stock exchange we were going to see was blown apart.
So I got into a chat with a professor after a bit, and I commented on the day, and being somewhat concerned stressed.
I asked him if he was, knowing/understanding the situation better than us.
He said these words of wisdom I apply to this day.

"No, don't you worry sir"
"What happened yesterday-we can do nothing about it, as it has already past"
"What will happen tomorrow-we do not know, as it hasn't happened yet"
"Right now we're ok-as nothing has happened to us"

Basically live in the moment, don't get mired in the past, don't worry about the future.
Everything important, is right now.

So when things get a tad heavy-I remember this memory-apply it, and it seems to calm the waters a tad.

"Yesterdays wood is ashes.
Tomorrows wood has not been cut yet.
Today the fire burns bright."

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all.

Still humid. And a rain day. Both should break / brake tomorrow. Then a dry spell and lower temps .

Birds , squirrel ect. still feeding in the lighter rain in between heavier bursts. Hinting it's going to be a long term event.
Missed yesterdays rains somehow.
Rain is welcomed here though.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

River​

Joni Mitchell, James Taylor
It's coming on Christmas, they're cutting down trees
They're putting up reindeer and singing songs of joy and peace
Oh, I wish I had a river I could skate away on