THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chihuahua-showing-teeth-720x668.jpg

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ran a squirrel dog a lot of years with no severe bite. Expected it early on though.
Having been bit myself before , (ouch) I was kind of anxious about it.
My uncle didn't want to have to kill the squirrels but they are so infested here. I don't like to kill them either but even in this case I know the population has to be reduced

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
thank you for the heads up Sir Pepper, my innocence and Belief in the very best of people, has lead me a time or time into very murky waters before.

Next time Cap presents his treasure, I shall bite it hard to see if it is the real thing, before accepting a mission. oh and can I say your downward dog yoga position is ….. quite mesmerising 😳 x
20190318_135510.jpg

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My uncle didn't want to have to kill the squirrels but they are so infested here. I don't like to kill them either but even in this case I know the population has to be reduced
Legal regulations first.
Per both ordinances and game laws. Including if squirrel can be live trapped and relocated. Not always a good idea as adding more mouths to a site affects the groceries and social structure of the new habitat.. But if someone wants them kept alive , the right release area needs to be considered.

A "cubby" defends a trap. And funnels targeted creatures.
Plus can be sized to keep certain sizes and above out of the cubby.

A rectangular wooden box with both ends open can be one.

Imagine a mailbox with a two inch hole cut in the lower part of the door. With a rat trap waiting inside. Squirrel can fit through hole. Dog or cat cannot.

A square cat litter bucket could be used similarly.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread