THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well pep... i like that doggy... and really like yours :)

here is what one of my Chihuahua's looks like... he looks like a tan fox and weighs 20 Lbs... and not a pinch of fat on em.

One of the smartest toughest dogs i have ever known.... kinda can be an ass sometimes even.

:P

158d5e6d45e44537d15c10af63dd4beb.jpg

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Anyone with children knows that they can be quite uncoordinated, but they don’t usually manage to destroy priceless paintings. In 2015, the Huashan 1914 Creative Park in Taipei was hosting a Leonardo Da Vinci exhibition that also featured other Renaissance-era artwork, including a 17th-century still life by Paolo Porpora named Flowers. The painting was valued at $1.5 million and was displayed along with 50 others, including some by Da Vinci.

The painting’s demise was caught entirely by CCTV surveillance: A 12-year-old boy turned away from the painting and then tripped over a rope barrier. He tried to stop his fall, punching a hole in the painting in the process. The exhibit curator didn’t blame the boy and said it was purely an accident. However, the painting was permanently damaged.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

In a scene for the Quentin Tarantino film The Hateful Eight, actor Kurt Russell was supposed to smash a guitar. Since the film was supposed to take place in the 1870s, a period Martin guitar was provided by the Martin Guitar Museum for the production. Unfortunately, a terrible mistake resulted in the destruction of the guitar.

In the scene, Russell was supposed to take the guitar and smash it, but the 145-year-old instrument was supposed to be swapped with a copy. Russell was not informed of this and mistakenly destroyed the real guitar, which was possibly the only one in existence.

Since then, Martin Guitar Museum stopped their policy of loaning out guitars. When asked about the value of the guitar, they responded that it was “not replaceable.”

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With sad regrets I have to inform you all. Our beloved Bella has passed. It was fast w/no pain,one second here, the next... The vet gave her a shot and the love of our life is gone.
But she had a full/active/happy life. At 8 weeks she in the pix. was 1.5 pounds.She grew up fast to a 6 pound Princess.
She loved Cars/Boats anything that moved.
She loved people and especially kids and all loved her back.Loved looooong walks on the beaches.Loved food( and watching it being prepared ) right up to the last day.She would remind me everyday when it was dinner time. We have had a few dogs w/in the past 45 years but Bella was truly something special. As proof, So far 74 people have sent their condolences.She loved dressing up for Halloween because she knew the kids were coming.
Everyplace I look I see her .Where, or how, do I go from here........ RIP my sweetheart Bella ...
001.JPG
009.JPG
011.JPG
018.JPG
014.JPG
015.JPG

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With sad regrets I have to inform you all. Our beloved Bella has passed. It was fast w/no pain,one second here, the next... The vet gave her a shot and the love of our life is gone.
But she had a full/active/happy life. At 8 weeks she in the pix. was 1.5 pounds.She grew up fast to a 6 pound Princess.
She loved people and especially kids and all loved her back.Loved looooong walks on the beaches.Loved food( and watching it being prepared ) right up to the last day.She would remind me everyday when it was dinner time. We have had a few dogs w/in the past 45 years but Bella was truly something special. As proof, So far 74 people have sent their condolences.She loved dressing up for Halloween because she knew the kids were coming.
Everyplace I look I see her .Where, or how, do I go from here........ RIP my sweetheart Bella ... View attachment 2040812 View attachment 2040813 View attachment 2040815 View attachment 2040816 View attachment 2040818 View attachment 2040819
RTR... my deepest condolences to you and yours.
With a heavy heart i feel your pain... i lost one last year and i still cant absorb it.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Well.....im not gonna just keep driving and let it go.....I had to stop and try to get it, and I probably would have stopped to clean it up even if it had been run over all 4 times. I was also concerned about someone trying to avoid it at the last second and causing a crash.....and even just damaging another person's vehicle. I stayed on the shoulder until the coast was clear, and I could dart out and retrieve it. I was 100% sure it would never work again.....it was a very graceful landing that I just managed to see in the rearview.....it was still sliding along when I came to a stop. The coil cover and arm cuff were the only thing in contact with asphalt. I thought that the second I submerged it...it would flood. What a machine this one has been.....2 pillar dollars in the 20,000 + range, a gold coin worth 6,000, and a lot of gold jewelry and gemstones. This machine has produced the most treasure of all the machines combined.....I might have to give it a name !!
Destiny

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True,but still feels more like a sense of great loss to me. All dogs are special,now and then you,re lucky enough to get one that stands out among them all.Those hurt the worst to lose. I always thought it was unfair that a dog didn,t have the same span as their man,or woman as the case may be.But I don,t get to make the rules.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Everyplace I look I see her .Where, or how, do I go from here........ RIP my sweetheart Bella ... View attachment 2040812 View attachment 2040813 View attachment 2040815 View attachment 2040816 View attachment 2040818 View attachment 2040819
I'm so sorry to hear this sad news.
Damn onions effecting my 👀 😥

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Squirrel problem eliminated. The chihuahua killed it kept going to the back room so i let it in caught it and shook it into oblivion. It seemed to have remembered its last bought with it. I don't like anything having to be killed but if I could if got it outside easily I would of but I wasn't risking letting it get lost somewhere else in the house

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hockey! You socialize just fine with us and even better in the politics section.
Politics is one of the few things my brain can hold a conversation with but otherwise casual conversation my brain goes blank. I don't know how you guys do it lol. Everyone can go on and on and have stuff to say be funny and all that I just can't

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gave the beer advertisement thingy to the bar owner across the street him and his wife are always really nice so I'm like eh I don't collect this kind of thing anyways may ask well do something nice with it

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
(Regarding Bart pouncing on the metal detector.)

Or , as like I like to shout when a fish comes off the hook and hits the floor of the boat , or gets dropped on the floor and is flopping about... More so when it's not mine; "Fish in the boat!"

Lets see...I've dropped a riding mower out of a truck under way on the road.
A gas grill levitated and drifted out another time.
Both hasty recoveries.
I'd admit to more , but don't want to arouse any jealousy.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Politics is one of the few things my brain can hold a conversation with but otherwise casual conversation my brain goes blank. I don't know how you guys do it lol. Everyone can go on and on and have stuff to say be funny and all that I just can't
Blank IS HOW we have conversations here. :P

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh and did you say you can have conversations about politics ? ? ?

**YAWWWN***... arrrrrg never mind dont bother answering.... i just got real tired all of a sudden.

:P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread