THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning one and all, itā€™s Friday, AND me nd himself are off next week so no work can only mean one thingā€¦ our quest will kick into high gear, and I WILL find some treasure to make you all proud šŸ˜† (I honestly do think of you all when I head outā€¦ Iā€™m likeā€¦ hmmm which way would those ā€œseasoned professionalsā€œ head if they were hereā€¦. ) šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Personally I'd be thinking where did I find my last silver, and do some serious slow swinging.

It seems that more finds come to the pouch when slowing down, and not trying to do the 10 acre an hour detecting mode. (seen lots of that happen over the years)

"Don't be a flapping chicken out there in the fields"

It's tempting to cover lots of ground, but sometimes it takes patience to find the little ones.

There's a good rule of thumb to see how one has detected that day.
Spread everything out-have a look, are they small, medium, or large finds.

The more little small items one has tells the story that the coil hasn't missed much.
If most are chunky, large then it's time to slow the swing down.

Some successful folks play the numbers game-more targets dug=more the chances of getting a keeper.
Can't argue that game as I have seen the results and played the game also.

Best of luck on the week of digging-a tad green around the gills thinking about that one.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This TV sh.t is really stressful......I went from cohost to everything piled on me, and having to come up with a narrative, 2 boats, 2 more captains to drive them, 3-4 metal detectors, filming locations and alternate filming locations, and then doing my film parts....they are right about TV not being easy....you need to be a self starter and a problem solver to succeed......having a "let's make it happen captain" attitude helps. Looks like I'll be dragging islamorada mark into this too....he's got the perfect vessel for this, and is a great partner/hunter !! And most of all a great friend that I met here on t-net first !!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This TV sh.t is really stressful......I went from cohost to everything piled on me, and having to come up with a narrative, 2 boats, 2 more captains to drive them, 3-4 metal detectors, filming locations and alternate filming locations, and then doing my film parts....they are right about TV not being easy....you need to be a self starter and a problem solver to succeed......having a "let's make it happen captain" attitude helps. Looks like I'll be dragging islamorada mark into this too....he's got the perfect vessel for this, and is a great partner/hunter !! And most of all a great friend that I met here on t-net first !!
Remember friends are hard to replace-reality TV production folks are easy to manipulate.
Be careful mate
Don't let the anchor pull you under.

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Personally I'd be thinking where did I find my last silver, and do some serious slow swinging.

It seems that more finds come to the pouch when slowing down, and not trying to do the 10 acre an hour detecting mode. (seen lots of that happen over the years)

"Don't be a flapping chicken out there in the fields"

It's tempting to cover lots of ground, but sometimes it takes patience to find the little ones.

There's a good rule of thumb to see how one has detected that day.
Spread everything out-have a look, are they small, medium, or large finds.

The more little small items one has tells the story that the coil hasn't missed much.
If most are chunky, large then it's time to slow the swing down.

Some successful folks play the numbers game-more targets dug=more the chances of getting a keeper.
Can't argue that game as I have seen the results and played the game also.

Best of luck on the week of digging-a tad green around the gills thinking about that one.
Wise words, as ever, in the evenings we have to stay close to home, the field where I found the hammy is to far to get to, so that is weekends only, but obviously next week will be gone over inch by inch againā€¦ plus there is a stupid electric fence around it so there is that little issue atm šŸ˜¬ xx

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wise words, as ever, in the evenings we have to stay close to home, the field where I found the hammy is to far to get to, so that is weekends only, but obviously next week will be gone over inch by inch againā€¦ plus there is a stupid electric fence around it so there is that little issue atm šŸ˜¬ xx
Bloody fence EMI :BangHead: hate them.
It's like detecting after 5pm along some power lines
You know folks are a cooking up the dinner
and I got served EMI

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning one and all, itā€™s Friday, AND me nd himself are off next week so no work can only mean one thingā€¦ our quest will kick into high gear, and I WILL find some treasure to make you all proud šŸ˜† (I honestly do think of you all when I head outā€¦ Iā€™m likeā€¦ hmmm which way would those ā€œseasoned professionalsā€œ head if they were hereā€¦. ) šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Think of me as far more seasoned than professional.
That will reduce future disappointment!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Awww.
You're not as dumb as I for taking the tractor to a neighbor who'd had back surgery recently to "help" him with stumps in his front yard.
Tore it up!
Snagged landscaping border and repaired that...
The biggest stump prevailed yesterday.
I'll return with shovels. Having dug so many stumps in my life I know better to have got involved.
To worn out for much wrestling.

But did miss the gas line. So far.

Remember that Bart guy puttering around the mangroves at his leisure.
In the quiet. Well , non camera crew and boat noise and scripts ect. quiet.
Just nature. Which peered over her glasses when you got all excited about someone's old cast offs or drops?

Was it adventure?
Just part of history being recovered complimenting a "hobby"?
The value of finds the driving force in hopes of a monetary value?

Another Bart is the Conch. Makin due with what exists that's fair game.
(Yes everything needs to be on the up and up on camera.)

Is there somehow an inherent ability to ferret out desired targets relating to hobbies or professions , but anchored in the ability to provide for ones self and family engrained in there somewhere?
Part of which has been added to by being learned from a life of observation , and networking along the Conch telegraph?

Stay tuned.
Bart is going to need to decompress and refocus by going back to his roots a while.
Can he still?
Oh look, the Keys paparazzi again. Run Bart!
No not that way . There's a tourist bus headed for your house.

Above and below.
How much of Bart is going to be caught on camera?

Mangrove_Ralph_Pace_tncflorida_91562276_Large.jpg

L.o.l.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awww.
You're not as dumb as I for taking the tractor to a neighbor who'd had back surgery recently to "help" him with stumps in his front yard.
Tore it up!
Snagged landscaping border and repaired that...
The biggest stump prevailed yesterday.
I'll return with shovels. Having dug so many stumps in my life I know better to have got involved.
To worn out for much wrestling.

But did miss the gas line. So far.

Remember that Bart guy puttering around the mangroves at his leisure.
In the quiet. Well , non camera crew and boat noise and scripts ect. quiet.
Just nature. Which peered over her glasses when you got all excited about someone's old cast offs or drops?

Was it adventure?
Just part of history being recovered complimenting a "hobby"?
The value of finds the driving force in hopes of a monetary value?

Another Bart is the Conch. Makin due with what exists that's fair game.
(Yes everything needs to be on the up and up on camera.)

Is there somehow an inherent ability to ferret out desired targets relating to hobbies or professions , but anchored in the ability to provide for ones self and family engrained in there somewhere?
Part of which has been added to by being learned from a life of observation , and networking along the Conch telegraph?

Stay tuned.
Bart is going to need to decompress and refocus by going back to his roots a while.
Can he still?
Oh look, the Keys paparazzi again. Run Bart!
No not that way . There's a tourist bus headed for your house.

Above and below.
How much of Bart is going to be caught on camera?

Mangrove_Ralph_Pace_tncflorida_91562276_Large.jpg

L.o.l.
All very important things to weigh....we will see just what it takes....so far so good. And then there's compensation too ?? And am I trying to push a point and narrative also ?? All kinda scary and new to me.....here we go !!

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Starting off my day feeling sick and nauseous. Starting getting hives on my right arm and having been climbing up my arms just looks like red patches climbing up my arm. Not poison oak. Whatever it is is making me feel sick so fun day for me

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
All very important things to weigh....we will see just what it takes....so far so good. And then there's compensation too ?? And am I trying to push a point and narrative also ?? All kinda scary and new to me.....here we go !!
Respectfully Bart.
Being able to change hats keeps us sane.
Don't give up being able to do that and leave the cameras behind and be you , and with your family after your chosen amount of hours given a film project during the day. Or night.

Your terms. Not someone else jerking your chain by having you on the phone when you're on Bart's private time.

The coast has it's terms.
No one controls it.
Being part of it , you're driven by it as much as anyone else when it gets riled.
It's not arrogance I'm suggesting. It's not being overrun by others that don't live your life or have to live with the after effects of publicizing your life. Even part of it.
If you're already stressed it is already altering your nature.
You want to be Bart last year or someone else today?
That's for you to decide. Not for an industry to decide.
You can buy filming gear. You can find folks to promote it. Without being a chimp with a chokechain around your neck.

If notoriety and popularity is the goal that's easy enough.
If money is a question , what is your privacy worth an hour?
What are your skills , tools, and knowledge worth an hour?
And what is a film company's profit expected to be reasonably?

I wouldn't rent you out cheap.
Your expenses and ten grand a day would cut out a lot of B.S. and retakes and cajoling for more scripted retakes ect..
I don't know if that's reasonable to a film company , but how many Reales could you potentially recover in a day?
Not like you couldn't. With less stress. (Wait...What kind of shark was that?) .lo.l..

All very important things to weigh....we will see just what it takes....so far so good. And then there's compensation too ?? And am I trying to push a point and narrative also ?? All kinda scary and new to me.....here we

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Starting off my day feeling sick and nauseous. Starting getting hives on my right arm and having been climbing up my arms just looks like red patches climbing up my arm. Not poison oak. Whatever it is is making me feel sick so fun day for me
Yuuuk.

Infection?
Squirrel fever?
Alcohol poisoning?

If your right handed it could be an irritant transferred onto your reaching in or over something.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yuuuk.

Infection?
Squirrel fever?
Alcohol poisoning?

If your right handed it could be an irritant transferred onto your reaching in or over something.
No idea doesn't really make bumps or anything just red patches that itch and sting and sun feels terrible on it

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
No idea doesn't really make bumps or anything just red patches that itch and sting and sun feels terrible on it
What the heck?

Some medications cause sun sensitivity. ( I'm not suggesting you are on drugs.)
Foods and plants relate , depending on thier contents.

No acids or harsh cleaners used? At the bar maybe?
Oven cleaner at your Uncles? Squirrel degreaser?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread