THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Went detecting again on one of my permissions have to walk like a mile and a quarter to this one. House built in 1920 small barn 20 acres. Not much luck the few times I've been to this one. Dug a deep coin that was horizontal in the ground so was a weak signal pulled it out from deep saw gold color and thought I had a gold coin finally got my heart racing but nope a damned Canadian dollar coin lol. Another foreign coin came up no idea how old or if it Chinese or Japanese. Still nothing too exciting.

I would be excited!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks wd-some history of this band-carl radle(bassist) died in 1980 at the age of 37-hard livin-drummer jim gordon is in prison in california for killing his mother in 1983-bobby whitlock keyboards living in austin last i heard-and yes people worry about you when you go missing-don t do that
I do like learning the history of music/musicians. A couple shipmates learnt me a bunch on my music thread. I was going to post up how they came up with the name. I thought it odd that Eric Clapton was in the band and it wasn't named after him. Then, I learned it was about the drummer named Derek/Del, and that Clapton wasn't big yet, and that the name Derek and the Dominoes sounded like a do-wop. I will have to come up with a plan, because I do not practice announcing my disappearances online. I was extremely overwhelmed before we left and then once I got there, I had to give my undivided attention to everyone. Well, except for the day "they" were all on their phones. That's when I checked in. I don't dare get side tracked on the ship when I am supposed to be navigating the land lubber route! :tongue3:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Well the diagnosis is generalized anxiety disorder(already knew that) and panick disorder. Just the generalized anxiety disorder just has got worse. Oh fun stuff for me
Well, sir, it is still good that you are seeking help. Is this a new DR? Maybe a different set of meds? Hopefully, (because I am a believer in this route) some therapy. Baby steps, like climbing a step-ladder if you are afraid of heights. I know, it doesn't make sense, but face your fears, with baby steps. That kind of therapy. Wouldn't hurt to just talk to someone, also. Hope this is a path of healing for you.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is cool ! For years now exploding targets(for practice on the range) have been on the market but you needed a center-fire to set them off
...No more :) These Firebird targets are designed for Airguns :):headbang::icon_thumright:
>> https://firebirdtargets.com/

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Was talking with my shop partner, and he said he really thought he would die in irma....we were pretty new friends, and a family that was evacuating told us both to stay at his home...which my partners father had built !! We rode out irma, and it was a hell of a ride !! I remember watching the entire second floor patio beat itself right off the house. It flew away and things got quiet after that. We pried ourselves out of that house into complete destruction.....we have been best friends since Sept. 10th-11th 2017. What a slug fest of a storm.....life changing !!
Ya know, that's when I was a newbie on here, and the first time I was concerned for total strangers. You, Arc, pat-tekker-cat, among others. I remember I prayed/recited the Mizpah, which I and many others have taken totally out of biblical context. But, I will still be praying it, for you guys and your families, and or anyone else this storm may go after.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, sir, it is still good that you are seeking help. Is this a new DR? Maybe a different set of meds? Hopefully, (because I am a believer in this route) some therapy. Baby steps, like climbing a step-ladder if you are afraid of heights. I know, it doesn't make sense, but face your fears, with baby steps. That kind of therapy. Wouldn't hurt to just talk to someone, also. Hope this is a path of healing for you.
Yeah all new people and approaches this time though won't get anymore help till November as everything is backed up till than

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I want and then was completely crushed almost tossed the Canadian coin across the field then decided I didn't want to dig it up again at a later time lol.
I had a key date SLQ thrown across the corn patch on me.
(Shovel took her chest off)
Buddy threw it to another friend.😁

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a key date SLQ thrown across the corn patch on me.
(Shovel took her chest off)
Buddy threw it to another friend.😁
I didn't want the Canadian money(play money lol have to mess with you).

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well good morning to the rest of you.
10:30 & it feels like late PM already.
Got too many irons in the fire.
Just was told by the Mrs that the dental bill is going to be ouch.
I can see a whole lot of $$$.
They tried the same play 30yrs ago, gum issue.
:dontknow:
Somethings just repeat, without fixing the first time.
Not sure who gets the screwing award.
Lawyers, Vets, Dentists, Accountants.
Sure is a ?

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know, that's when I was a newbie on here, and the first time I was concerned for total strangers. You, Arc, pat-tekker-cat, among others. I remember I prayed/recited the Mizpah, which I and many others have taken totally out of biblical context. But, I will still be praying it, for you guys and your families, and or anyone else this storm may go after.
Thank you !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread