THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
What's wrong with dat-I ask! :laughing7:
Seriously that picture brings back a lot of beer drinking going to the wharf/beach scenes, where it was toss the jeans-put on the new boots get them soaking wet-get dressed-go get drunk-wake up to blistered feet-broken in new boots. :occasion14:

Lol! That video is not about the boots . It’s about the mini skirts/ short dresses.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ARC....is having a bad day today.....my friend just called and said that most gas stations in that area are sold out of fuel !! Here we go again.....the hurricane 🌀 dance 💃
I can only imagine all the preparations you guys have to do. I wouldn’t want to deal with it. In my opinion it is way worse than dealing with tornadoes.
Well I can say this.....the mental torture of watching these forecasts and all the cones and spaghetti, and all the hype and traffic and emergency announcements can really freak certain people out.....if anxiety is your problem these type of prolonged worries can literally break people. Life is 100% completely interrupted. Now for me having lived here and the bahamas.....this is normal procedure every year, and if I prepped 100 times only a handful of times was it really necessary.....lots of close passes and bad weather, but only a few actual life changing events. What I will remind everyone of.....is that we are in full king tide mode right now.....if the storm surge occurs at high tide it will be at least 2 feet higher than what there calling for !!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
ARC....is having a bad day today.....my friend just called and said that most gas stations in that area are sold out of fuel !! Here we go again.....the hurricane 🌀 dance 💃

Well I can say this.....the mental torture of watching these forecasts and all the cones and spaghetti, and all the hype and traffic and emergency announcements can really freak certain people out.....if anxiety is your problem these type of prolonged worries can literally break people. Life is 100% completely interrupted. Now for me having lived here and the bahamas.....this is normal procedure every year, and if I prepped 100 times only a handful of times was it really necessary.....lots of close passes and bad weather, but only a few actual life changing events. What I will remind everyone of.....is that we are in full king tide mode right now.....if the storm surge occurs at high tide it will be at least 2 feet higher than what there calling for !!
I suspect that anyone who lives in these prone areas, should have pre prep and a plan. At all times. But, geesh! The anxiety!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
mornin cap pep wd-about an hour ago i remembered that i left the water running into the pool since yesterday evening-my version of heartburn-have a great one all

Hang on , let me grab a beer and help you watch the flood!

Well there's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
And I've been tryin' to call my baby
Lord and I can't get a single sound
Well dark clouds are rollin' in
Man I'm standin' out in the rain
Yeah flood water keep a rollin'
Man it's about to drive poor me insane
Well I'm leavin' you baby
Lord and I'm goin' back home to stay
Well back home are no floods or tornados
Baby and the sun shines every day

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all.

Light rain.
enough to call off work at the hunting property. (Excuses excuses.)

Goin to crash a wedding reception a couple houses down after dark.
Hosts said stop for drink . and thier inlaws /parents are our friends whose daughter is getting hitched.
Get to visit with two of them that are long time friends (yep , three "parents" showing up...) from Alabama who moved there a couple years back. . Haven't seen them since winter.

Work safe Florida folks!

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Soz, is our lady blossom out swinging today? I hope so! And I hopes she gets the goodies!
She sure was! I got all the finds today… until rain stopped play… I took your advice and sent him to a dud area, and I cherry picked the good stuff 😂😂 xx

( FYI I am up nd out early at the weekends , so don’t get to play pirates on the web so have to say a mental good morning to you all while I swing ! xx)

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
She sure was! I got all the finds today… until rain stopped play… I took your advice and sent him to a dud area, and I cherry picked the good stuff 😂😂 xx

( FYI I am up nd out early at the weekends , so don’t get to play pirates on the web so have to say a mental good morning to you all while I swing ! xx)
Awesome ! You are taking on piratical tactics well!

1664043662499.gif

old texan

Sep 8, 2021
smack dab in the heart of texas
Detector(s) used
white's classic II white's dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang on , let me grab a beer and help you watch the flood!

And I've been tryin' to call my baby
Lord and I can't get a single sound
Yeah flood water keep a rollin'
Man it's about to drive poor me insane
Well back home are no floods or tornados
Baby and the sun shines every day

we're supposed to hit 97 today and 98 tomorrow-goes good with a beer and a pool

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well the day was going well-well till I tried to close my 12'x20' roll up door.
Cable jumped the spool - so I re spooled it. and tried to close the door.
It was working brilliantly till it decided to jam, finally got the cable released.
Then the other side decided to screw up-took me 3 hrs of screwing around on the other side.
Ladder, cable cutters, cable cut, lowered the door with the forks, will get door company to rejig, replace cable.
12 hr day-yak!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread