THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't believe in "Luck" Cap'n. But you and yours have my prayers. Batten down and protect you and yours.

I might begin to believe, if the storm skirts your home and lands squarely on your hotel.
:eek:

Be safe!
Oh like IRMA did ?

It followed us and hit us with a 1... AND 2 tornados.

My girl lost her sh-t... i was sleeping :P

:)

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

Ok that one is doable.

1664231192545.gif

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Funny story to lighten the mood…

We have been taking evening walks for a month now. There’s a culvert for the drainage creek at the road , but still our property. A couple weeks ago a pair of Haines underwear appeared on a branch of a tall weed or small tree (I really don’t know, because I don’t want to look that closely at the situation ) and is hanging over the creek. We’re thinking some one had a real emergency to shed them and try to toss them in the creek. Neither one of us are willing to attempt a recovery and disposal of said tighty whities. Even though we know at some point they will be in our creek. 🤷‍♀️ maybe we will watch them float all the way through our property. Tonight we took a different direction and turned on a different road. Less than a mile from our driveway, there’s another pair. Same brand. That’s a very bad case 💩💩💩

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Funny story to lighten the mood…

We have been taking evening walks for a month now. There’s a culvert for the drainage creek at the road , but still our property. A couple weeks ago a pair of Haines underwear appeared on a branch of a tall weed or small tree (I really don’t know, because I don’t want to look that closely at the situation ) and is hanging over the creek. We’re thinking some one had a real emergency to shed them and try to toss them in the creek. Neither one of us are willing to attempt a recovery and disposal of said tighty whities. Even though we know at some point they will be in our creek. 🤷‍♀️ maybe we will watch them float all the way through our property. Tonight we took a different direction and turned on a different road. Less than a mile from our driveway, there’s another pair. Same brand. That’s a very bad case 💩💩💩
I had a black pair sitting on the shoulder of the road going up to the shop.
I kept running it over every trip, till it crawled into the ditch.
Throwing runners over the power/phone lines was a craze-now the way the economy is, and the price of shoes, it's cheaper to throw the ginches away. :laughing7:

RayHeezy

Mar 26, 2014
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I've been reading The Republic of Pirates, awesome book, and I feel like someone else may be able to give me the legend or clarification.
Page 215: "Whether he confessed or not, the pirates ended up with a cup of such exquisite value and workmanship that future captives would remember it above all the riches they saw aboard Blackbeard's ship."
Page 224: "There was a great deal of silver on board as well as the "fine cup" taken from Captain Taylor.

What is this cup?!? Where did it come from and why was it valued so much more than thousands of pieces of silver? Admittedly I have about 90 pages left, and it may be explained further. I tried searching but all I can come up with is some story about law students claiming to have drank out of Blackbeard's skull that was made into a cup.

RayHeezy

Mar 26, 2014
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2048188
Yes I know the book....I would like to see that cup....I remember the passage, but nothing more is said....if I remember right.
It struck me odd that the author cared enough to write about this cup and gave it semi-descriptive words but then neglected to mention what happened to it. Must've been quite the sight though. Weren't chalices a thing back then?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread