THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Bamasteve

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2022
Very far north of where I’d rather be
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 400
Garrett carrot
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Pro-find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bamasteve

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2022
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 400
Garrett carrot
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Pro-find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Noticed in another thread how some were talking about how quickly they could get to the treasure coast beaches and get started swinging. Don’t take this the wrong way, but I think the first priority would be making sure it’s safe for the affected residents of that area to be able to get to their properties and secure and evaluate their properties before allowing non residents access.
I’m all about going after what might have been uncovered but let’s let the property owners secure their property first.

Bamasteve

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2022
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 400
Garrett carrot
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Pro-find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although I’m currently residing in the Midwest, I am a born and bred northern gulf coast redneck that has been through Frederick, Katrina, Rita and several smaller less known storms. I’ve never evacuated but have sent the wife and kids away not knowing when or if I’d see them again or if they’d come back and find me and the dog under the remains of our house, so yes, I take this very personal!
To all of our Florida residents , I have nothing to give but prayers and best wishes that you ALL come through this unscathed.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Noticed in another thread how some were talking about how quickly they could get to the treasure coast beaches and get started swinging. Don’t take this the wrong way, but I think the first priority would be making sure it’s safe for the affected residents of that area to be able to get to their properties and secure and evaluate their properties before allowing non residents access.
I’m all about going after what might have been uncovered but let’s let the property owners secure their property first.

Were I there after , I'd help. The heck with detecting. It would feel opportunistic if folks nearby needed shelter or help securing/salvaging. They'd rather beach comb I'm sure with thier lives normal and things intact.
Having been helped myself when down , I owe help more I guess.
Nothing against residents hitting the beach for a breather though / (No offense to all treasure hunters.)

Bought a box of deck screws today.
Then considered the volume of food and water and construction materials and labor that are going to be required soon.
Thought about it last week too at the lumberyard ; and mentioned it to one of the owners.

I'll joke about it with a straight face. Not much else to do from here.
I'm partly annoyed at the media's antics there. But not surprised.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big ol dragon fly

Attachments

• 16644162906037955549116510282384.jpg
    16644162906037955549116510282384.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning......got to go and untie everything.....first pics of lower keys show heavy erosion at Higgs beach.....im sure everything has taken a good beating. Ill clean up early and then try to put the coil down somewhere !!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well good morning everyone xx 😆 hope ur making good progress with ur woolly jumper knitting this year… its beginning to get a tad chilly 😆 xx
Morning blossom
May the trade winds bring a little warmth.
Yes it's the next season the ground will be sleeping once again.
20220205_084957.jpg

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bill from Lachine Passing

I just wanted to let everyone know, that ‘Bill from Lachine’ passed away on Sunday Sept. 25. I know he had a lot of friends on this forum... I just thought you all should know.

Bill and I shared a thousand moments online that I took for granted, mainly because I thought there would be a thousand more. I’m going to miss his sense of humour, his creative cooking skills, his online friendship and support the most.

Bill From Lachine.png

Bill from Lacine.jpeg

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Bill from Lachine Passing

I just wanted to let everyone know, that ‘Bill from Lachine’ passed away on Sunday Sept. 25. I know he had a lot of friends on this forum... I just thought you all should know.

Bill and I shared a thousand moments online that I took for granted, mainly because I thought there would be a thousand more. I’m going to miss his sense of humour, his creative cooking skill and his online friendship and support the most.

View attachment 2048432
I am deeply, deeply sadden to read this! Bill was a sweetheart of a guy and I truly enjoyed his posts. He taught me a lot about cooking and encouraged me to keep trying. Rest In Peace, Bill. You will be missed.

Thank you, @ANTIQUARIAN , for passing along this information.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning steve.....keywest got its feathers ruffled but we will make it ok....Higgs beach is down a foot and overwashed !! I know your a keywest fan, and I know people were out in knee deep water drinking !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread