THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I could use three sheets of steel. You might be too far away to be ready by tomorrow morning though...
One for the hunting blind floor , and two walls..
For the stove install tomorrow , after ramp transition at the bottom gets figured out.

Ever have one of those headaches attached to your stomach and light and smells get to being a bit much? Drugs didn't seem to phase it. Just annoyed stomach more.

I fired up the stove /heater for the blind to burn off paint and oil out on the driveway and got a snootful a couple times. Blahh.
Didn't puke but might have felt better if I had. Could smell it on or in me for an hour. Head just a spinning.
So a run to grab misc. stuff like a couple cinder blocks , (how is it I don't have any laying around. Or sheet steel? I do have some signs I was going to post..) and coffee.
And on the way ran over a squished skunk.
Yep. skunk stanky juice and fat and grease all over a wheel well and splattered up one running board. Good acrid fresh up close skunk . Felt like I drank a gallon of booze the night before after that . Maybe two.
Lumberyard closes at 5. Got there about 4:50. Stuff payed for , and loaded at 4:59.

I know. I got it darned good compared to others.
I wake up with another bell ringer though I'm going to try a turban of toilet paper. Maybe over my nose eyes and ears!
Well sorry the sheets I had are probably on the way of making new sheet right about now.

Remember this entitled young guy in town. Daddy bought him a Vet. Basketball bounced out of a yard, hit the passenger door.
Put a perfect volleyball size hole in the door. :laughing7:
Well brilliant Tom gets his car back, decides to act tough.
Does a burnout on a dead something, maybe a coon or a skunk.
Missed it, does a reverse brake stand on the critter.
For a good month or more you smell him coming before hearing him.:laughing7:
Nothing like a dead something caked in and baking in the undercarriage. YAK

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning pirates and piratesses.

1664535035073.gif

Breakfast of champions. I tell you what! 😇

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
A very good morning to all you lovely crew 😍 cant Believe it’s Friday all ready 😆 time is flying 😆 xx only hunting on Sunday this week end…. But.. do we go back to where I found the silver…. Or do we go to the site of a possible Roman villa i have just found on our permission 🤔 choices choices 😎 xx

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
A very good morning to all you lovely crew 😍 cant Believe it’s Friday all ready 😆 time is flying 😆 xx only hunting on Sunday this week end…. But.. do we go back to where I found the silver…. Or do we go to the site of a possible Roman villa i have just found on our permission 🤔 choices choices 😎 xx
Good morning, Blossom.
I vote Roman villa. 🤗

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Good morning, Blossom.
I vote Roman villa. 🤗
Yes I’m feeling the villa site… its under stubble atm… but soon will be planted… where as the other site is grass field so we can do that one anytime 😆 that hoard will just have to a wait a wee bit longer 😂😂😂 xx

BTW my coin will be appearing in the metal detecting magazine… so although not banner worthy here… it’s magazine worthy in the real world 😎😂 xx

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning blossom
I would say the Villa, as the grass will be there when you get back.
You needs a Roman something round and shiny maybe a silver.
Though I am truly heart broken on hearing the sad news of you only going out on Sunday. :)

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mornin all, way to go on the clean up Peps, good luck on the hunt Bart, and to the fabulous WD have a great day!
Morning Steve
Hope your day goes well

I thank you on noticing my project
I did a bit of a new thread under the scrap section

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Morning blossom
I would say the Villa, as the grass will be there when you get back.
You needs a Roman something round and shiny maybe a silver.
Though I am truly heart broken on hearing the sad news of you only going out on Sunday. :)
Ha agreed, im over finding all this medieval stuff 🙄 😂😂😂 Roman it is 😆 xx I no, we have to do visiting with Friends tomoz, so at least I will get fed! Once himself has picked his last lot of grapes we will be taking another week off to do some serious detecting 😎 xx can’t wait! xx

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wellllll,
Laundry- no fun but easy
Packing- ditto
Vacuuming- ditto
Dishes- ditto

Peps, looks like the easy part is covered. 😝
WELLLLLL
That sounds like a list.
Well did the windows yesterday
Inside and out, the sills, screens and a thank you to the new window washing dude that got hired. :laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ha agreed, im over finding all this medieval stuff 🙄 😂😂😂 Roman it is 😆 xx I no, we have to do visiting with Friends tomoz, so at least I will get fed! Once himself has picked his last lot of grapes we will be taking another week off to do some serious detecting 😎 xx can’t wait! xx
Grapes?=wine/juice?
Getting fed=Easy :headbang:
Query:
Are you going to do the stomping/squishing/between the toes thing for the processing

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread