THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Found this little tiny thing when I was boxing up a bunch of books was just tossed in with them opened it up saw my grandpa's name in it and dated 1938 glad I carefully go through things in the process of the final stretch of cleaning out my grandparents estate.
The greatest treasure you could ever find, in my opinion.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So... Bugged out to Orlando Marriot for the second time (IRmA) only to have it FOLLOW ME to Orlando.

It was rough ride,,, but last time 2 tornados around the hotel was worse.
So your the reason the hurricanes hit my home both times, do me a favor and pick a different city next time. 🤪

Loooong storm. This is the slowest moving hurricane I have ever been through and been in a bunch. Started raining wednesday about 10am and stopped about 3:30pm thursday. we have had over 14" of rain at my home, the highest total ever on record for orlando. Winds were over 50 mph from wednesday afternoon about 1pm and stayed over 50 till about 2pm thursday, at the worst they were 75 -80 mph sustained for over 8 hours.

Luckily no damage to home I can find, just trash from neighbors trees in yard.

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
So your the reason the hurricanes hit my home both times, do me a favor and pick a different city next time. 🤪

Loooong storm. This is the slowest moving hurricane I have ever been through and been in a bunch. Started raining wednesday about 10am and stopped about 3:30pm thursday. we have had over 14" of rain at my home, the highest total ever on record for orlando. Winds were over 50 mph ftom wednesday afternoon about 1pm and stayed over 50 till about 2pm thursday, at the worst they were 75 -80 mph sustained for over 8 hours.

Glad you are alright, also, Treasure_Hunter.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Loooong storm. This is the slowest moving hurricane I have ever been through and been in a bunch. Started raining wednesday about 10am and stopped about 3:30pm thursday. we have had over 14" of rain at my home, the highest total ever on record for orlando. Winds were over 50 mph ftom wednesday afternoon about 1pm and stayed over 50 till about 2pm thursday, at the worst they were 75 -80 mph sustained for over 8 hours.

Good to hear that everything made it through ok TH.
Still 14" of rains is a lot of moisture in that period of time, it will take some time for it to drain.

Bamasteve

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2022
Very far north of where I’d rather be
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 400
Garrett carrot
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Pro-find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mornin everybody! Glad we’re getting updates from our storm affected crew mates, and so far it sounds like most have come through pretty good! Still a whole lot of clean up ahead, y’all watch out for any displaced reptiles!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mornin everybody! Glad we’re getting updates from our storm affected crew mates, and so far it sounds like most have come through pretty good! Still a whole lot of clean up ahead, y’all watch out for any displaced reptiles!
Morning Steve
Hope your day will be calm and easy sailing.

Catch up day in my world
Tending the flock
Mowing the lawn (maybe for the last time)
Planting some greenery in the garden beds.
All work no play-again.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not getting the whole picture of what exactly happened here with this guy.
He put weights in the fish?
Got caught?
Ok I'll recap. I mentioned it before on here or maybe it was Bart's Fish Pic thread. :dontknow:

There's a couple walleye tournament programs. (highest weight for a limit of fish)
MWC - Masters Walleye Circuit
LEWT - Lake Erie Walleye Tour
NWT - National Walleye Tour
Maybe others, IDK

Then there's Derbies like I fish. (Big fish wins)

Walleye Fall Brawl was the big one that split due to differences of opinion (we all know how that happens)

Walleye Slam
Fish Crazy
Dish Donkey
are a few derbies I have been in.

These tournaments and derbies often coincide with one another.

Here's where it started:

What it doesn't say in the article (for legal reasons I am sure), is that the fish they turned in for this event had (shall we say) a "day old" look about them. They were obviously not fresh caught.

Well the guy running the tourny that DQ'd them caught a lot of flack over it and this absolutely huge Derby took a major hit in the participants since.

Since then, they have managed to pass every lie detector test. This is standard procedure for tournaments and derbies. But suspicion was there, mainly because the same people don't win all the time. It just doesn't happen in walleye fishing tournaments. And these two kept winning. So, anglers were getting upset, and they started complaing because they knew somehow they were cheating. A camera man was placed on the boat, as that happens with winning anglers. The others thought for sure they would get caught now. But they didn't.
Then yesterday they got caught. The tournament director either is or was a law enforcement officer. Now this is my personal opinion from here on. There was a video on Facebook showing the set up of the staging area. There were some sort of law enforcement officers in the video, the same ones as shown in the pics. I asked hubby if that was normal to have them at the weigh-ins. He said it was not. No one has ever protested the catch from these two before. That protester had cash on hand , said he caught the same size fish and they weighed a lot less than the other 2 guy's fish. And, well, you saw what happened. BTW there are other videos, but the "F-bomb" was being dropped left and right, so I won't even try to post it. I think the tournament director brought the protesting rule to the attention of those he could trust. It had to be more that one team, because of the size of the fish had to be the same or very near. I think the camera crew may have been collecting evidence and this was a sting operation that finally came together. Again, just my opinion. This is a felony offence. It has also been very detrimental to the fishing business on Lake Erie.

Bamasteve

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2022
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 400
Garrett carrot
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Pro-find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I'll recap. I mentioned it before on here or maybe it was Bart's Fish Pic thread. :dontknow:

There's a couple walleye tournament programs. (highest weight for a limit of fish)
Maybe others, IDK

Walleye Fall Brawl was the big one that split due to differences of opinion (we all know how that happens)

Walleye Slam
Fish Crazy
Dish Donkey

Here's where it started:

What it doesn't say in the article (for legal reasons I am sure), is that the fish they turned in for this event had (shall we say) a "day old" look about them. They were obviously not fresh caught.

Well the guy running the tourny that DQ'd them caught a lot of flack over it and this absolutely huge Derby took a major hit in the participants since.

Since then, they have managed to pass every lie detector test. This is standard procedure for tournaments and derbies. But suspicion was there, mainly because the same people don't win all the time. It just doesn't happen in walleye fishing tournaments. And these two kept winning. So, anglers were getting upset, and they started complaing because they knew somehow they were cheating. A camera man was placed on the boat, as that happens with winning anglers. The others thought for sure they would get caught now. But they didn't.
Then yesterday they got caught. The tournament director either is or was a law enforcement officer. Now this is my personal opinion from here on. There was a video on Facebook showing the set up of the staging area. There were some sort of law enforcement officers in the video, the same ones as shown in the pics. I asked hubby if that was normal to have them at the weigh-ins. He said it was not. No one has ever protested the catch from these two before. That protester had cash on hand , said he caught the same size fish and they weighed a lot less than the other 2 guy's fish. And, well, you saw what happened. BTW there are other videos, but the "F-bomb" was being dropped left and right, so I won't even try to post it. I think the tournament director brought the protesting rule to the attention of those he could trust. It had to be more that one team, because of the size of the fish had to be the same or very near. I think the camera crew may have been collecting evidence and this was a sting operation that finally came together. Again, just my opinion. This is a felony offence. It has also been very detrimental to the fishing business on Lake Erie.
It’s a shame that some people lose any respect they might have earned by cheating to get ahead or stay ahead. To me cheats are the same as thieves!

Bamasteve

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2022
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 400
Garrett carrot
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Pro-find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning Steve
Hope your day will be calm and easy sailing.

Catch up day in my world
Tending the flock
Mowing the lawn (maybe for the last time)
Planting some greenery in the garden beds.
All work no play-again.
Gotta half a day at the office then an afternoon of football. Roll Tide!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Maybe others, IDK

Walleye Slam
Fish Crazy
Dish Donkey

Here's where it started:

Don't the judges own a metal detector? LOL!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Watching Ian footage these past days I was surprised ( previously ignorant more likely) of the amount of water running parallel to shore in many instances.
Hydraulics like a stream or river cutting away. At a right angle to the undertow force I've been in here in one of the great lakes.

Sure not how I'd imagined sand/substrate /objects (including structures footings) getting moved.
And where does stuff start falling out of the being carried or driven force after such a shuffle/stirring? Leeward here and there behind a mass that didn't move/ Randomly hither and yon? Amidst boulders or rocks like a giant sluice riffle?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread