THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ok I'll recap. I mentioned it before on here or maybe it was Bart's Fish Pic thread. :dontknow:

There's a couple walleye tournament programs. (highest weight for a limit of fish)
MWC - Masters Walleye Circuit
LEWT - Lake Erie Walleye Tour
NWT - National Walleye Tour
Maybe others, IDK

Then there's Derbies like I fish. (Big fish wins)

Walleye Fall Brawl was the big one that split due to differences of opinion (we all know how that happens)

Walleye Slam
Fish Crazy
Dish Donkey
are a few derbies I have been in.

These tournaments and derbies often coincide with one another.

Here's where it started:

What it doesn't say in the article (for legal reasons I am sure), is that the fish they turned in for this event had (shall we say) a "day old" look about them. They were obviously not fresh caught.

Well the guy running the tourny that DQ'd them caught a lot of flack over it and this absolutely huge Derby took a major hit in the participants since.

Since then, they have managed to pass every lie detector test. This is standard procedure for tournaments and derbies. But suspicion was there, mainly because the same people don't win all the time. It just doesn't happen in walleye fishing tournaments. And these two kept winning. So, anglers were getting upset, and they started complaing because they knew somehow they were cheating. A camera man was placed on the boat, as that happens with winning anglers. The others thought for sure they would get caught now. But they didn't.
Then yesterday they got caught. The tournament director either is or was a law enforcement officer. Now this is my personal opinion from here on. There was a video on Facebook showing the set up of the staging area. There were some sort of law enforcement officers in the video, the same ones as shown in the pics. I asked hubby if that was normal to have them at the weigh-ins. He said it was not. No one has ever protested the catch from these two before. That protester had cash on hand , said he caught the same size fish and they weighed a lot less than the other 2 guy's fish. And, well, you saw what happened. BTW there are other videos, but the "F-bomb" was being dropped left and right, so I won't even try to post it. I think the tournament director brought the protesting rule to the attention of those he could trust. It had to be more that one team, because of the size of the fish had to be the same or very near. I think the camera crew may have been collecting evidence and this was a sting operation that finally came together. Again, just my opinion. This is a felony offence. It has also been very detrimental to the fishing business on Lake Erie.
Thanks for the explanation.
Post a link, F Bombs are just part of life it seems.
I've used it a few times.(The 5th coming up)

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Detector isn't a tool for sand.
Just kidding though, these cheats need to be made an example of.
I think that’s what they did/are doing. If they did in fact do as I suspect, and use the camera guy to get evidence in the different tournaments, they would have multiple charges brought up against them.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
You? WT ARF is that potty mouth doing?
I'm an angel 😇 then.
Hubby grabbed my by the shoulders one day this summer and said, “ I am going to tell you what I told our daughter. I don’t like my women talking like sailors.” I ain’t going to lie. I wanted to clock him! But I did not. I need to tame me tongue.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Okay @releventchair, last weekend the Mr mowed everything down in the garden except the popcorn. Then a couple days ago he asked about the potatoes that were growing in there. I totally forgot about them. Does it matter that the plants were mowed? Do I dig them up now? Do I leave them? Can you help me with this?

old texan

Sep 8, 2021
smack dab in the heart of texas
Detector(s) used
white's classic II white's dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay @releventchair, last weekend the Mr mowed everything down in the garden except the popcorn. Then a couple days ago he asked about the potatoes that were growing in there. I totally forgot about them. Does it matter that the plants were mowed? Do I dig them up now? Do I leave them? Can you help me with this?
dig em--thought i d jump in rc-didn t think you d mind

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Reply any time Tex!

Tater foliage dies back well enough and it's time to dig them after a couple weeks.
Yours simply died back by mowing if they were green.
If you can quit watering after leaves turn yellow that's better. As foliage dies back potatoes quit growing and start hardening skins. Watering risks causing rot in the ground then. (Time wise.)

After digging you can wash them gently in a tub of water then let them air a bit to season / toughen up. They'll scab that way if skin was knocked off some areas.
A covered porch or something will do.. if shaded and around fifty degrees F. Sun light encourages sprouting. As we well know! Maybe in an airy basket or crate in your she shed if they can't be spread out.

Ten days is a long enough cure time in my opinion. But then I've usually eaten them all by then I'm so good at growing a few. l.o.l..

New dug potatoes can be eaten of course.
Ones left in the ground after harvest time can be dug later too if the ground isn't real wet. But expect to lose flavor that way.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Reply any time Tex!

Tater foliage dies back well enough and it's time to dig them after a couple weeks.
Yours simply died back by mowing if they were green.
If you can quit watering after leaves turn yellow that's better. As foliage dies back potatoes quit growing and start hardening skins. Watering risks causing rot in the ground then. (Time wise.)

After digging you can wash them gently in a tub of water then let them air a bit to season / toughen up. They'll scab that way if skin was knocked off some areas.
A covered porch or something will do.. if shaded and around fifty degrees F. Sun light encourages sprouting. As we well know! Maybe in an airy basket or crate in your she shed if they can't be spread out.

Ten days is a long enough cure time in my opinion. But then I've usually eaten them all by then I'm so good at growing a few. l.o.l..

New dug potatoes can be eaten of course.
Ones left in the ground after harvest time can be dug later too if the ground isn't real wet. But expect to lose flavor that way.
Lol. I did not see your reply.
Okay dokey, Thank you, releventchair. ☺️

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was there any damage to the home?
Or did the all the preps work well, and it prevented damages?
No damage... some limbs down and debri around... i could have stayed... BUT... that original track would have been devastation here.

But all is well... untilllll next time anyway.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread