THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No damage... some limbs down and debri around... i could have stayed... BUT... that original track would have been devastation here.

But all is well... untilllll next time anyway.
Look online at the Ft. Meyers and Punta Gorda area pictures of what happened there.

Then imagine that alot worse here in this area due to several factors that differ this area from that one.

That original track is "worse case scenario" for us.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always thought he was saying Huckleberry .Now I know :headbang: From One of the best damn westerns (maybe ever):)
011.JPG

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
They are very allusive but I have found a few! This dirt is very hard to dig! I may settle for just these . 🤪

View attachment 2048715
If you planted in a straight row, and evenly apart, then it will be easier to find.
Fork instead of a shovel.
When all fails the loader bucket on the tractor works for me.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Look online at the Ft. Meyers and Punta Gorda area pictures of what happened there.

Then imagine that alot worse here in this area due to several factors that differ this area from that one.

That original track is "worse case scenario" for us.
You were wise to go, the track had you right on the nose.
$50 BILLION DOLLARS IS THE FIRST ESTIMATE.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I'll recap. I mentioned it before on here or maybe it was Bart's Fish Pic thread. :dontknow:

There's a couple walleye tournament programs. (highest weight for a limit of fish)
MWC - Masters Walleye Circuit
LEWT - Lake Erie Walleye Tour
NWT - National Walleye Tour
Maybe others, IDK

Then there's Derbies like I fish. (Big fish wins)

Walleye Fall Brawl was the big one that split due to differences of opinion (we all know how that happens)

Walleye Slam
Fish Crazy
Dish Donkey
are a few derbies I have been in.

These tournaments and derbies often coincide with one another.

Here's where it started:

What it doesn't say in the article (for legal reasons I am sure), is that the fish they turned in for this event had (shall we say) a "day old" look about them. They were obviously not fresh caught.

Well the guy running the tourny that DQ'd them caught a lot of flack over it and this absolutely huge Derby took a major hit in the participants since.

Since then, they have managed to pass every lie detector test. This is standard procedure for tournaments and derbies. But suspicion was there, mainly because the same people don't win all the time. It just doesn't happen in walleye fishing tournaments. And these two kept winning. So, anglers were getting upset, and they started complaing because they knew somehow they were cheating. A camera man was placed on the boat, as that happens with winning anglers. The others thought for sure they would get caught now. But they didn't.
Then yesterday they got caught. The tournament director either is or was a law enforcement officer. Now this is my personal opinion from here on. There was a video on Facebook showing the set up of the staging area. There were some sort of law enforcement officers in the video, the same ones as shown in the pics. I asked hubby if that was normal to have them at the weigh-ins. He said it was not. No one has ever protested the catch from these two before. That protester had cash on hand , said he caught the same size fish and they weighed a lot less than the other 2 guy's fish. And, well, you saw what happened. BTW there are other videos, but the "F-bomb" was being dropped left and right, so I won't even try to post it. I think the tournament director brought the protesting rule to the attention of those he could trust. It had to be more that one team, because of the size of the fish had to be the same or very near. I think the camera crew may have been collecting evidence and this was a sting operation that finally came together. Again, just my opinion. This is a felony offence. It has also been very detrimental to the fishing business on Lake Erie.
Holy crap thats crazy....that stuff dosent even happen in the big rock marlin tournament where the prizes are in the millions .... thats just wrong !!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
If you planted in a straight row, and evenly apart, then it will be easier to find.
Fork instead of a shovel.
When all fails the loader bucket on the tractor works for me.
Rows were straight. Not all sprouted into a plant. I had one splotchy row and then half of another. I had them marked with little popsicle sticks, but they were mowed down. This is learning experience and I will take it.
I am not allowed to touch the New Holland. As a matter of fact, I get in trouble if I look dreamily at it . 😝

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Holy crap thats crazy....that stuff dosent even happen in the big rock marlin tournament where the prizes are in the millions .... thats just wrong !!
I know, I know.

There was one tournament where the Mr and his friend were knocked out of a 3rd place win because of these two. We have another friend who was knocked out of first place in a tournament. I’m telling you, it was getting ugly and they wanted blood.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Rows were straight. Not all sprouted into a plant. I had one splotchy row and then half of another. I had them marked with little popsicle sticks, but they were mowed down. This is learning experience and I will take it.
I am not allowed to touch the New Holland. As a matter of fact, I get in trouble if I look dreamily at it . 😝
Now you know what to expect for Christmas....:blackbeard:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• EEG