THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What idiot would leave their McLaren ...

gh69eu7o_this-comes-as-hurricane-ian-continues-to-lash-the-florida-coast_625x300_30_September_22.jpg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I seen this guy posting on instagram....the car was secured in a garage....the surge blew through the whole bottom floor of the home and according to him it flushed his car right through the garage door and out into the surge...which drug it away.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been digging, but im very jaded these days with my finds....if it ain't big gold or awsome silver, I don't even feel like posting....clad, and bullets,and copper cut nails don't excite me much any more. So ill go down and hunt spanish from the shallows. I was picking up bullets 10 -15 at a time from the bare rock potholes that have been stripped clean from IAN. So maybe there's hand falls of coins laying in the potholes in shallow water ?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've been digging, but im very jaded these days with my finds....if it ain't big gold or awsome silver, I don't even feel like posting....clad, and bullets,and copper cut nails don't excite me much any more. So ill go down and hunt spanish from the shallows. I was picking up bullets 10 -15 at a time from the bare rock potholes that have been stripped clean from IAN. So maybe there's hand falls of coins laying in the potholes in shallow water ?
You're feeling jaded?

Went swinging on the property for a hour late yesterday.

This detecting is hurting bad.

Not sure what the brass rail piece is from.
20221001_175654.jpg
20221001_175649.jpg

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres a Hurricane story 4-U guys ...August 1969 I was assigned(TDY) to Lakeland Air Base Fl. to get some training on the OV-10 aircraft. When I arrived all the planes on the base had been flown to inland bases because Hurricane Camille was in the Gulf. So they reassigned a few of us to secure the bridge to St. Petersburg ( probably route 275).Never got to OV-10s
What a bummer,what a Aircraft :BangHead:
>>

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread