THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detecting me man- she's digging it
Where is Blossom ... she is late ! ! !

***ARC checks himself for the Rum Room keys making sure they are still there***
Hey cappy 💕 ahhh so glad ur safe nd sound 💕 im just back from digging 😆 finds are into soak… today was ok.. himself was back on form nd found a hammered… i did not do so well 🙄 will post on the todays finds… xx and a very “good day” to all the rest of the beautiful crew xx 🤗

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres a Hurricane story 4-U guys ...August 1969 I was assigned(TDY) to Lakeland Air Base Fl. to get some training on the OV-10 aircraft. When I arrived all the planes on the base had been flown to inland bases because Hurricane Camille was in the Gulf. So they reassigned a few of us to secure the bridge to St. Petersburg ( probably route 275).Never got to OV-10s
What a bummer,what a Aircraft :BangHead:
>>

My grandfather and partners bought 10 of these airplanes from Argentina many years back....they made a tidy profit reselling them !! Awsome airplane !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On Saturday I went down and hunted at the navy air base at boca chica key....of course the beach was completely destroyed and devastated by storm surge. I went much farther down the coast than many others would dare....I crossed many tough areas of destruction. I came to a spot where the key had been split in 2 and I could not wade the swift water in the breach. There was a horrible stench of death and rotting fish and vegetation. I decided I better turn around and head back. All of a sudden I see a cuban raft broken and scattered in the mangroves....the smell of rotting flesh was overpowering.....I did not want to see what was causing it and left. It was three dead cuban refugees....all females....another male was recovered later. I guess 24 went in the water 3 were rescued, and the rest are missing. Probably dead from the hurricane. I knew that smell meant death, and im so glad I didn't investigate more. My inner voice said turn around and leave....you don't want to find dead people.....once in awhile it really is dead people and not fish or turtles !! I took video of the cuban raft with the go pro !!
Screensho.jpg

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think my Snow Birds have all headed south.:( We have had up to 5 at a time hanging around the feeder ...today,none.
You know what that means , and I hate it.
013.JPG

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My grandfather and partners bought 10 of these airplanes from Argentina many years back....they made a tidy profit reselling them !! Awsome airplane !!
WOW your kidding ! That is Way Cool ! I knew I liked you for a reason :)

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My grandfather and partners bought 10 of these airplanes from Argentina many years back....they made a tidy profit reselling them !! Awsome airplane !! See very end of video for time frame :)
Maybe the same ones

Last edited:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 0-2s were the Air force version of the OV-10s. Mostly used as FAC (Forward Air Control).These crazy guys would fly into danger zones to draw enemy fire then hightail it out while F-4 did their job :)
>>

old texan

Sep 8, 2021
smack dab in the heart of texas
Detector(s) used
white's classic II white's dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres a Hurricane story 4-U guys ...August 1969 I was assigned(TDY) to Lakeland Air Base Fl. to get some training on the OV-10 aircraft. When I arrived all the planes on the base had been flown to inland bases because Hurricane Camille was in the Gulf. So they reassigned a few of us to secure the bridge to St. Petersburg ( probably route 275).Never got to OV-10s
What a bummer,what a Aircraft :BangHead:
>>

excellent post rtr-thanks for posting-and bart s connection is excellent too

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A thousand years and a million miles ago this was me, In the right seat. With my buddy Don prepping a 0-2 for a mission. With only 2 weeks in-country and 50 more weeks to go :BangHead:........ The 0-2s only carried smoke/marker Rockets. And sidearms for defense. But the REAL firepower was always 20k -30k ft. above. Ah,the good old days :headbang:
002.JPG

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,