THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

old texan

Sep 8, 2021
smack dab in the heart of texas
Detector(s) used
white's classic II white's dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well good day RC, Evan, old texan, and those a sandbagging.
Went to the feed store, to load up on the bird seed.
Now the wearer of the thing must be deaf, messed the order up twice-she forgot the cracked corn.
I tried on a jacket.
With the layers on it fit good.
Well that's a woman jacket, oh.
Well what's the difference between the man's then.
Well that one just longer.
Well mam this works great for length then.
The man's rode up the back a tad.
Cold wind, digging =not getting chilled
So off I go to look at a property, "KEEP OUT" "NO TRESPASSING"
RED DOT ON WHITE BOARDS.
Oh look truck by shack, generator, human.
Chat, friendly, owns the property, you can detect the land anytime.
Didn't even ask outright.
The 90yr old mother drives up.
Weather, her concerns about calves, fields.
"Mom this fellow metal detects"
What about the log house, the moonshiner's place.
You go show him.
Now nice owner how many acres do you own?
Err, ah, um, :icon_scratch:
1600 - but some is bush.
Sweet permission
Over grown site, but let's start mapping. :headbang:
good on this pep-my dad always said good things happen to good people-and the place where you found those horseshoes is to me a great spot-horseshoes are not that common and always some of my favorite finds-thanks for posting

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today has been so boring, I have all the stuff that was in my grandmas house outside just giving it away free because times up. One more day sitting out here then it all gets taken away. I'd rather take a couple boring days sitting outside letting families take stuff and people make use of it then it going all away and saves my family some money the more I can get out.

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going up on Thursday to hunt 1715 fleet for 4 days.....then I come back and dive for the "American shoal archeology project" in the hunt for the 1563 Juan Menendez galleon "el angel bueno". some of the dives I've missed this summer were big ones , and more major discoveries have been found. Of course I risk a breach of contract by showing these incredible finds, but dang man !!! Things are looking better and better every season !! And sometime soon my "Brave wilderness" treasurehunting episode will drop. Then in December I have a mega deal meeting with TV executives. And....ill be staying on the treasure dig boat in keywest while I take my 100 ton captains license....I had this license before but let it expire. Ill attempt to get the towing and sailing endorsements on my license also. And somehow I'll have to professionaly fish too. It looks like fate and destiny will give me the opportunity to transition from fishing to a full time treasure hunter as a job....obviously alot of things must go right, and it still feels unbelievable that this is all happening and coming to fruition so suddenly....life changing decisions are going to have to be made, im scared, excited, and in disbelief to some extent. The ball is rolling and out of my hands....im just gonna be black Bart and not worry or try to change a thing....it seems surreal right now, and to have everything come together on different fronts is amazing !!

There is a chance that my time on treasure net may be limited in the future....im not sure how it will play out ?? I know most folks who have careers in treasure have taken such abuse here on t-net that they have had to limit there presence here, or drop off entirely. Gary Drayton, finders keepers, black duck, ropefish, and others come to mind. If I take a major pummeling here on t-net after the brave wilderness show by the trolls, ill be forced to limit my presence. Im also not sure about non disclosure contracts, and if ill even be able to post about things. The good news is I think a random chat thread is about the safest place to talk about other things and keep my presence here on t-net.....I hope !! I follow Gary Drayton on instagram, and he rarely says much about his work....he does post treasure, but mostly likes to make puns, and post pics of nature, and his dog. He does post shots of nice finds too. I see him traveling everywhere to treasure hunt and getting paid to treasure hunt has always been a dream....there is an ever growing chance I may be able to realize this dream....I must take the chance and try !! I can always climb back on a fishing boat for work....win lose or draw.

Last edited:

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a crap shoot since you're mostly all far away anyone know anyone that has use for these I think they are to hold bread but we used them in catering to hold salad plates. Probably give them away free.

Attachments

• 20221003_165627.jpg
    20221003_165627.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • 20221003_165649.jpg
    20221003_165649.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Going up on Thursday to hunt 1715 fleet for 4 days.....then I come back and dive for the "American shoal archeology project" in the hunt for the 1563 pedro Menendez galleon "el angel bueno". some of the dives I've missed this summer were big ones , and more major discoveries have been found. Of course I risk a breach of contract by showing these incredible finds, but dang man !!! Things are looking better and better every season !! And sometime soon my "Brave wilderness" treasurehunting episode will drop. Then in December I have a mega deal meeting with TV executives. And....ill be staying on the treasure dig boat in keywest while I take my 100 ton captains license....I had this license before but let it expire. Ill attempt to get the towing and sailing endorsements on my license also. And somehow I'll have to professionaly fish too. It looks like fate and destiny will give me the opportunity to transition from fishing to a full time treasure hunter as a job....obviously alot of things must go right, and it still feels unbelievable that this is all happening and coming to fruition so suddenly....life changing decisions are going to have to be made, im scared, excited, and in disbelief to some extent. The ball is rolling and out of my hands....im just gonna be black Bart and not worry or try to change a thing....it seems surreal right now, and to have everything come together on different fronts is amazing !!

There is a chance that my time on treasure net may be limited in the future....im not sure how it will play out ?? I know most folks who have careers in treasure have taken such abuse here on t-net that they have had to limit there presence here, or drop off entirely. Gary Drayton, finders keepers, black duck, ropefish, and others come to mind. If I take a major pummeling here on t-net after the brave wilderness show by the trolls, ill be forced to limit my presence. Im also not sure about non disclosure contracts, and if ill even be able to post about things. The good news is I think a random chat thread is about the safest place to talk about other things and keep my presence here on t-net.....I hope !! I follow Gary Drayton on instagram, and he rarely says much about his work....he does post treasure, but mostly likes to make puns, and post pics of nature, and his dog. He does post shots of nice finds too. I see him traveling everywhere to treasure hunt and getting paid to treasure hunt has always been a dream....there is an ever growing chance I may be able to realize this dream....I must take the chance and try !! I can always climb back on a fishing boat for work....win lose or draw.

Keep your nondisclosure honored.
I'd rather know you were maintaining situational awareness (of both human and marine sharks) than know what you're seeing under a nondisclosure for sure.

Just remember us landlubber pull tab hunters when you get a chance to decompress sometime in the future.
We'll cheer for you quietly all along , regardless.
Cause you ain't got a case of the bighead. And it's not your style.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyway....back to the tractors....there's one on long key in the bush....ill see if islamoradamark can get me out to it by boat so I can photograph it. Of coarse the salt water is not kind to anything down here....but its worth a hike and photo!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here's a crap shoot since you're mostly all far away anyone know anyone that has use for these I think they are to hold bread but we used them in catering to hold salad plates. Probably give them away free.
Nice slicer/splitter though.
Should of done an online auction with everything. Even the low end stuff sells, and everything is gone in 1 day.
Maxsold

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see a log splitter, a deli meat slicer, and a lawn mower.....will you have to give all that away also ? Seems like some good money in those pieces....log splitter looks brand new.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ladyfriends niece and husband (retired roofer) had thier house for sale near Orlando.
At thier house here during the hurricane , their Florida home took a wind damage hit.
Ceilings damaged from water coming in.

Being told 6-8 weeks before anything gets done. No materials.
I'm almost surprised he is not renting a big truck and grabbing supplies here , carrying a shotgun and heading there.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just cut a deal to sell any shells I find while diving with a great woman in ft. Myers.....then she got destroyed in the hurricane.....it might be months before she's in a position to do business now. But I felt great by being able to source a generator for her....she's coming down to get it tomorrow....at least they will have a fridge freezer working and some lights and fans !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread