THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Going up on Thursday to hunt 1715 fleet for 4 days.....then I come back and dive for the "American shoal archeology project" in the hunt for the 1563 Juan Menendez galleon "el angel bueno". some of the dives I've missed this summer were big ones , and more major discoveries have been found. Of course I risk a breach of contract by showing these incredible finds, but dang man !!! Things are looking better and better every season !! And sometime soon my "Brave wilderness" treasurehunting episode will drop. Then in December I have a mega deal meeting with TV executives. And....ill be staying on the treasure dig boat in keywest while I take my 100 ton captains license....I had this license before but let it expire. Ill attempt to get the towing and sailing endorsements on my license also. And somehow I'll have to professionaly fish too. It looks like fate and destiny will give me the opportunity to transition from fishing to a full time treasure hunter as a job....obviously alot of things must go right, and it still feels unbelievable that this is all happening and coming to fruition so suddenly....life changing decisions are going to have to be made, im scared, excited, and in disbelief to some extent. The ball is rolling and out of my hands....im just gonna be black Bart and not worry or try to change a thing....it seems surreal right now, and to have everything come together on different fronts is amazing !!

There is a chance that my time on treasure net may be limited in the future....im not sure how it will play out ?? I know most folks who have careers in treasure have taken such abuse here on t-net that they have had to limit there presence here, or drop off entirely. Gary Drayton, finders keepers, black duck, ropefish, and others come to mind. If I take a major pummeling here on t-net after the brave wilderness show by the trolls, ill be forced to limit my presence. Im also not sure about non disclosure contracts, and if ill even be able to post about things. The good news is I think a random chat thread is about the safest place to talk about other things and keep my presence here on t-net.....I hope !! I follow Gary Drayton on instagram, and he rarely says much about his work....he does post treasure, but mostly likes to make puns, and post pics of nature, and his dog. He does post shots of nice finds too. I see him traveling everywhere to treasure hunt and getting paid to treasure hunt has always been a dream....there is an ever growing chance I may be able to realize this dream....I must take the chance and try !! I can always climb back on a fishing boat for work....win lose or draw.

As for the first part of this post:

You have a touch of destiny and I am happy for you to have these opportunities.

As for the second part:

Totally understand.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Still quite reliant on imports.
Aren't we all?

Thier exports...
Interesting. There's a lot on that list that I have been trying to buy. Everyting I find is made in China, and I would like to spread my money around the world a little, and not in just one country.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Interesting. There's a lot on that list that I have been trying to buy. Everyting I find is made in China, and I would like to spread my money around the world a little, and not in just one country.
Well there's this "POOR" Canuck that hasn't got a pot/or window to throw it out of.
SOOOOO, meez a thunking a little $$$ spread on this pirate would be awesome. :hello2:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Man what a black eye.....we had a guy who's father had a plane....he would get up early on tournament day and take off from a grass strip on one of the keys. His son would head out at lines in. Dad would scout from the air and tell the son how far offshore the fish were....somtimes circling the school until his son arrived in the boat. They blitzkrieged the tournament season for several years, and built a thriving charter business off there winning tournament record.....they never got in trouble, but were told to stop....the damage was already done, and our team lost 100s of thousands of dollars over the years.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Man what a black eye.....we had a guy who's father had a plane....he would get up early on tournament day and take off from a grass strip on one of the keys. His son would head out at lines in. Dad would scout from the air and tell the son how far offshore the fish were....somtimes circling the school until his son arrived in the boat. They blitzkrieged the tournament season for several years, and built a thriving charter business off there winning tournament record.....they never got in trouble, but were told to stop....the damage was already done, and our team lost 100s of thousands of dollars over the years.
Well I am hoping the dark shadow gets lifted now and my hubby gets back into the tournament scene. It ain’t about the money. It’s about me getting some peace and quiet. Lol

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

What POS these guys are.
Saw one posted video where they fail the polygraph before, got caught before-yet they allow them to enter the tournaments.
That I have to really scratch the head and think-wow.
What does that really say about the whole industry?
$$$-these guys maybe drew attention to the tournaments so it was a given that the organizers looked the other way.
Millions won by them.....
Probably the sponsors are pulling out fast.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Latest Discussions