THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All this talk of treasures make me wish I had somewhere good to metal detect I'm so jealous of all of you in states with much more history. I don't have any significant finds over my many years of metal detecting. Oldest things I've found are my Chinese coins one from the late 1600s and one from the 1700s. But I've heard they are common the one from the 1600s maybe a little more rare. Let's see a couple gold rings, a handful of silver stuff a few neat relics. I've put tons of effort in and I'm stubborn I search hours on end relentlessly. But to no avail nothing great yet though good thing is I love the hobby and I'm not one to give up when it comes to things I greatly enjoy.

old texan

Sep 8, 2021
smack dab in the heart of texas
Detector(s) used
white's classic II white's dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes they are a very sensitive habitat, also long before American law people camped in the dunes....and shipwreck survivors would seek protection from the elements there and make camps. The storms erode the dunes and collapse these old camp sites down to the beach where we can hunt. The Spaniards made camps and stored salvaged treasure in them.....
When the waves erode the spanish camps...treasure and artifact wash out of these dune camps, and old black Bart needs some of that treasure. So you have some treasure washing in from sea, and you have some treasure washing out of the dunes and back out to sea....its a very active zone....the beach !!
good info bart-also, fame and notoriety are not all they're cracked up to be-you're doing quite well

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WD...I think you have made a comment on my 1715 hunts every year....and roger, and all the RCT crew.....so ill be taking you guys on another hunt.....ill try to gopro all these spots, and I'll be getting a new pad when I get back strictly for gopro editing and camera stuff. I've learned alot in these last few weeks of what it really takes to make great videos.....and from some of the best in the business....the "Brave Wilderness" crew.....its been so cool learning what it takes to make cool video !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All this talk of treasures make me wish I had somewhere good to metal detect I'm so jealous of all of you in states with much more history. I don't have any significant finds over my many years of metal detecting. Oldest things I've found are my Chinese coins one from the late 1600s and one from the 1700s. But I've heard they are common the one from the 1600s maybe a little more rare. Let's see a couple gold rings, a handful of silver stuff a few neat relics. I've put tons of effort in and I'm stubborn I search hours on end relentlessly. But to no avail nothing great yet though good thing is I love the hobby and I'm not one to give up when it comes to things I greatly enjoy.
Yes....but john....I have no Chinese coins from the 1600s....you are in a rare club with a coin that old. And you have coins from the 1700s too. Gold and silver objects also !! Maybe your more successful than you give yourself credit for !!

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes....but john....I have no Chinese coins from the 1600s....you are in a rare club with a coin that old. And you have coins from the 1700s too. Gold and silver objects also !! Maybe your more successful than you give yourself credit for !!
I think though the Chinese coins are common in some areas here. So I'm not satisfied lol

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good info bart-also, fame and notoriety are not all they're cracked up to be-you're doing quite well
Im not so much about the fame....but notoriety in the treasure industry = job opportunity. I would love to make money as a professional treasurehunter, and a professional fisherman. Thats my goal for the future.....I would love to fish and then treasuredive a bit and maybe do some video stuff and then go fish some other exotic spot !! I've never really been a 9-5 job kinda guy !!

old texan

Sep 8, 2021
smack dab in the heart of texas
Detector(s) used
white's classic II white's dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am glad you and your family have a place to stay. Smart thinking to wait for the market to go down a little. Don't stress out over the hen. If you find it and it's not a big deal, great. But, I know you probably have a big day ahead. My grandson is looking to buy a house. He found one on 7 acres, built in the 1960's, 1,160 sq ft, 2 bedroom one bath, and a metal barn. The foundation was bad, and there is a mold issue. They were asking $220,000.00. Ridiculous.
wd-that same place would go for double that here

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I think though the Chinese coins are common in some areas here. So I'm not satisfied lol
You're ahead of me. No Chinese historic coins in my stash.
Carried a newer one quite a while , till I broke it in my pocket somehow.

In time , the fun is in the finding.

Watch Bart.
It will be about what he finds , but it'll never be enough to just quit looking.
Because , the fun / rush is in the finding!
The work and site reasoning comes prior.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Im not so much about the fame....but notoriety in the treasure industry = job opportunity. I would love to make money as a professional treasurehunter, and a professional fisherman. Thats my goal for the future.....I would love to fish and then treasuredive a bit and maybe do some video stuff and then go fish some other exotic spot !! I've never really been a 9-5 job kinda guy !!
A job? L.o.l..

Doing something you are passionate about and getting paid for it is beyond just a job.

9-5.
Bankers hours.

When the time is right ,recoveries hours!

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This little paper back goes with me when I travel to the treasure coast, and is great for getting on the right beaches, and which wrecks they are thought to be there. View attachment 2049403
i think i have that one... bought it at the McLarty eons ago.. IF i still have it.
I know i have a map i got that same day... so ?

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a great little piece of knowledge, and helps me make decisions on the fly when im on the treasure coast....takes the confusion out of the sites....it helps me make a decision in the morning after checking tides and having coffee !!.....do I go south, or do I go north !!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man....if I could just get one coin off the 1715 fleet !! To have coins and treasure from both fleets would put me in a rare club of treasure hunters. The odds of finding a piece of treasure from the 1733 fleet are almost impossible, and far less likely than finding a 1715 piece. So I've already done the hard part of this treasure hunting quest, and now its another chance to complete this treasure hunting goal. When I lived on the treasure coast (vero) I was deep into my amateur surfing career, and cared little about trying to find treasure. I would surf the outer reef at riomar beach.....the take off zone was right over the galleon wreck "nueastra senora del carmen". One day in a noreaster my crew and I were surfing Rio mar reef in a fierce long shore current....one wave and you were swept north a half mile only to have to walk back south to the paddle out spot. As I walked back to the surf spot I watched as as a metal detectorist recovered a gold and amethyst treasure fleet ring !! He was doing the happy dance and I walked up to see what he found....that moment changed me, and I started to half ass search for treasure every now and again when I couldn't surf or fish. Later my friends father (the infamous drug smuggler tom ruck) would go on to find many gold lima escudos in chest deep water on the inside edge of riomar reef. My best friend and I found an english musket from Henry Jennings landing spot south of the spanish salvors camp sight....the state took it from us because our science teacher in high school said we should let the state examine it.....we never got it back !! They wanted to know where we got it exactly..... we lied and sent them on a goose chase. I still have that spot and no one ever goes there. Perhaps I'll return to it this trip.....I have not been to it since I was about 21. Wish I had been into the treasure scene back then ??
You go get em Bart , As you know,Half the 1715 'LOOT' is still missing..........I'd look N. of Daytona :headbang::occasion14::tchest: best of luck :)

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20221006_191836.jpg

Full moon king tide.....beach is cutting right in front of my eyes !! Tomorrow the winter salvage camp 1715 fleet.....common mother nature cut the beach and show me the treasure !! Woooo hooo rum runners for me now !!

Bamasteve

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2022
Very far north of where I’d rather be
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 400
Garrett carrot
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Pro-find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2049462
Full moon king tide.....beach is cutting right in front of my eyes !! Tomorrow the winter salvage camp 1715 fleet.....common mother nature cut the beach and show me the treasure !! Woooo hooo rum runners for me now !!
Best of luck on the hunt Bart, not that you need it! Just leave a little something for us part timers and occasional visitors.
As I said the other day, Mrs. Bama and I were discussing our next journey, I’ve convinced her that 4 days in key west is plenty and that there’s treasure to be found around Sebastian and Vero!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
View attachment 2049462
Best if luck Bart, on the hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions