THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another long day ahead of me I'm sure. So much to move and just a lot of things to do. My mother and step dads habit to procrastinate on things really made all this completely and utterly suck. I work my butt off nonstop just to help them and get things on track. Worked myself to exhaustion yesterday and was terribly grumpy and angry. Scrapped all my metal detecting metal and things I put aside didn't see a cent from it, wood sold it off cut a lot of it didn't see a cent worked my ass of no thank yous no nothings. So I'm silently angry. Yes I live with them and they do a ton for me but in the least a little appreciation would be nice. Though did get frustrated and told my mother to just throw everything the f away in the house because they aren't doing crap about it. I had had enough

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Another long day ahead of me I'm sure. So much to move and just a lot of things to do. My mother and step dads habit to procrastinate on things really made all this completely and utterly suck. I work my butt off nonstop just to help them and get things on track. Worked myself to exhaustion yesterday and was terribly grumpy and angry. Scrapped all my metal detecting metal and things I put aside didn't see a cent from it, wood sold it off cut a lot of it didn't see a cent worked my ass of no thank yous no nothings. So I'm silently angry. Yes I live with them and they do a ton for me but in the least a little appreciation would be nice. Though did get frustrated and told my mother to just throw everything the f away in the house because they aren't doing crap about it. I had had enough
Raising parents can be hard work!
:tongue3:

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Raising parents can be hard work!
:tongue3:
I'm trying not to be too mad as I live here and I don't have much right to anything and I know this. But the whole waiting last second for this having to move things is just ugh makes me frustrated. I'm like my dad I don't like to procrastinate. All this waiting till last second makes everything completely overwhelming and just nonstop work no time for anything

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm trying not to be too mad as I live here and I don't have much right to anything and I know this. But the whole waiting last second for this having to move things is just ugh makes me frustrated. I'm like my dad I don't like to procrastinate. All this waiting till last second makes everything completely overwhelming and just nonstop work no time for anything
Await the results.
Might be easier for you to face reality than them. After all , you've been preparing for change. Mentally and physically.

Story time?
An "Uncle" , (more a great uncle) used to buy estates. Homes.
This at a time when folks would grab thier other pair of overalls or second dress plus thier fancy Sunday go to meeting outfits and little more before leaving.
Leaving him to sell a homes contents before fixing it up to sell.

One account told of a very fine set of China. Most of which was stacked next to the prior owners chair in the parlor or dining room(?)
Once washed there was no wear or damage found on it all. And it fetched some good coin.

But people just didn't move much "stuff".
And many folks had little stuff to move anyways.. Furniture mainly. Which didn't fit in the sedan with the kids so well.

Many of my non detector finds came from coach/buggy dump sites.
And along railroad tracks.
Either the folks moving , or those who moved in after , dumped household "stuff".

R.a8e88a28add5fb47b757cc277abb1cab

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Properly wrapped meats lasts for a few yrs in the freezer.
I found a moose roast once in the bottom of the freezer that was 3yrs old.
No problem.
We sold a few large meat orders to recoup costs.
So the inventory is lower now.
Yeah maybe :icon_scratch: What I do know is. Vacuum sealed is a far superior method for keeping foods fresher/longer than any freezer paper technique ever will :icon_thumright::headbang:
004.JPG

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah maybe :icon_scratch: What I do know is. Vacuum sealed is a far superior method for keeping foods fresher/longer than any freezer paper technique ever will :icon_thumright::headbang: View attachment 2049693
Yes we do our veg/fruit/nuts/seeds with one.
Maybe I should do some double wraps.
Another to do thing.

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Morning all😆. Kind of…! what a day😆 had early start at the local all u can eat breakfast 😍 then off to the detecting shop 😎 guy was great …. Had so much fun …himself was suitably mortified by my detecting chat 😂😂 2 Deus purchased 😍 home and got them built and put on charge ready for tomoz hunt 😍 I feel like a very proud parent, I keep looking at her she is quite the beauty 😆 xx
1524AF16-08A5-4BA2-B3AB-481FDE71A8FD.jpeg

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning all😆. Kind of…! what a day😆 had early start at the local all u can eat breakfast 😍 then off to the detecting shop 😎 guy was great …. Had so much fun …himself was suitably mortified by my detecting chat 😂😂 2 Deus purchased 😍 home and got them built and put on charge ready for tomoz hunt 😍 I feel like a very proud parent, I keep looking at her she is quite the beauty 😆 xx View attachment 2049703
Lucky lol I'll probably take years before I can get one of those

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning all😆. Kind of…! what a day😆 had early start at the local all u can eat breakfast 😍 then off to the detecting shop 😎 guy was great …. Had so much fun …himself was suitably mortified by my detecting chat 😂😂 2 Deus purchased 😍 home and got them built and put on charge ready for tomoz hunt 😍 I feel like a very proud parent, I keep looking at her she is quite the beauty 😆 xx View attachment 2049703
Congratulations!!!🎊 👏 💐 🥳
Name her well.
When I get mine I'll name him.
Wow! Same model
2 different sexes
Must be the new world we live in.🤣

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread