THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Goood moorrrnning RCT!

1669115834717.gif

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seen it many times detecting in England.
Near the end of a day, folks are tired from 10 hrs, and miles of swinging.
Coil doing a wheelie as if was a 1/4 miler fuel funny car.
Swinging the detector as to be beating the imaginary weeds to death.

It's better to pause for 10-munch on something nutritious, drink some fluids, shake out the muscles and have another go.
Yes, your ladyship! But, they might not be quite so tired if they'd slow down to a speed where the detector has a chance to actually find something! :laughing7:

Be kind to yourself, me ladyship!
curtsy.gif

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all.

Great eyeball recoveries J.V.A.!!!!

Things can be hidden where detectors don't go. Or function well.
Some deliberately.

I can think of multiple such places.
May even use one...

A hydro facility near me has lots of transmission lines that make it fun detecting.
The right area has so much E.M.I. that hiding something (deliberately or not ) in a place you have to reach under something solid combined with the E.M.I. hints of a halfway secure hide.

Tight to buildings ...Gets tight.
Pulled a salt or pepper shaker top along an old wall once thinking I'd finally scored and beat the other detectorist there was evidence of ahead of me.
Other foundation's walls took lots of effort. One memorable one had tools and stove parts tight against it for some reason. Maybe an overhang existed prior? The signals were bizarre. Too many to start with. Plus the long reach of larger iron items masking other items.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mornin all.

Great eyeball recoveries J.V.A.!!!!

Things can be hidden where detectors don't go. Or function well.
Some deliberately.

I can think of multiple such places.
May even use one...

A hydro facility near me has lots of transmission lines that make it fun detecting.
The right area has so much E.M.I. that hiding something (deliberately or not ) in a place you have to reach under something solid combined with the E.M.I. hints of a halfway secure hide.

Tight to buildings ...Gets tight.
Pulled a salt or pepper shaker top along an old wall once thinking I'd finally scored and beat the other detectorist there was evidence of ahead of me.
Other foundation's walls took lots of effort. One memorable one had tools and stove parts tight against it for some reason. Maybe an overhang existed prior? The signals were bizarre. Too many to start with. Plus the long reach of larger iron items masking other items.
I think it just got pushed into all that junk when the building was demolished. The land here was first a feed store, feed store was then a convenience store, then a bar was here in the 70s, then my uncle had a restaurant for awhile on it. Probably a ring during on of those spans someone drop and it got pushed into the junk leftover when they used a tractor the pile the remaining parts of the building that I've been working on cleaning up.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Entertained myself polishing up the ring and stone. For a 10k ring the stone and craftsmanship are quite nice well in my humble opinion anyways.

Attachments

• Snapchat-664482699.jpg
    Snapchat-664482699.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Snapchat-1635158406.jpg
    Snapchat-1635158406.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Snapchat-238778532.jpg
    Snapchat-238778532.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 10

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I think it just got pushed into all that junk when the building was demolished. The land here was first a feed store, feed store was then a convenience store, then a bar was here in the 70s, then my uncle had a restaurant for awhile on it. Probably a ring during on of those spans someone drop and it got pushed into the junk leftover when they used a tractor the pile the remaining parts of the building that I've been working on cleaning up.
There's a debris field (bulldozed old home site) that is a mowed grass area now I still haven't figured out after multiple hunts.
It sure was scattered though!
I'm exposed hunting it . Though it's permitted I really don't enjoy such sites as much as remote ones. If not for missing half a relic I found the other half to ; I'd try to forget about it..

A local park is similar after the village burned long ago and debris was brought to the site and pushed around. The "basement" has the best stuff. But that's just out of range usually. Except thin spots.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a debris field (bulldozed old home site) that is a mowed grass area now I still haven't figured out after multiple hunts.
It sure was scattered though!
I'm exposed hunting it . Though it's permitted I really don't enjoy such sites as much as remote ones. If not for missing half a relic I found the other half to ; I'd try to forget about it..

A local park is similar after the village burned long ago and debris was brought to the site and pushed around. The "basement" has the best stuff. But that's just out of range usually. Except thin spots.
The old house that was here is piled into 3 piles. But mixed in is so much metal and wood junk. I tried metal detecting on the piles but alas an impossible task.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes, your ladyship! But, they might not be quite so tired if they'd slow down to a speed where the detector has a chance to actually find something! :laughing7:

Be kind to yourself, me ladyship!
View attachment 2056417
Now I am a Ladyship?
Oh well, I sing this then.
Lady

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread