THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
LOL, you all pretty much nailed it! It's a game all small business owners have to play at some point if they provide health insurance to their employees. And I dare say, that's why a lot of small businesses don't offer it any longer. "We" haven't had to play it for 11 years. What really stinks is that I didn't get paid for it this time. 4 stinking hours! :whip2: Those two idjits better be having a company Christmas party and I better be going! Not only am I ordering filet mignon, but I'm getting the most expense dessert on the list!
Top Bone Tomahawk Steak Stickers for Android & iOS | Gfycat

Rum is not an option. :crybaby2: They are always alcohol free events.:BangHead:

Yes, blossom, they did question the barrels of rum. Fortunately, I have saved a copy of Dr. ARC's orders for unlimited prescription refills of rum for medicinal treatment of chronic sea leg syndrome.

Goofy Sea-legs on Make a GIF
Gee what is happening these days.
Everyone seems think the ship works for free-at least in my world.
Going through a hydro company replacing poles on the property. (Were)
Got the big boot off the property again a week ago-what part of this don't they get-I don't work for you.

No I am not meeting with you in a 100% rain/Gale force wind event in a bush! :BangHead:

So they have a wire spool machine/10.5 ton excavator/track bucket machine, 3 large hydro bucket trucks, assorted equipment all sitting in limbo on the side of the road while we sort this poop show out.

I may be an old dog-but I don't like to lied to-nor do I care for folks doing damage to my property, and blowing it off as a whatever event.

old texan

Sep 8, 2021
smack dab in the heart of texas
Detector(s) used
white's classic II white's dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee what is happening these days.
Everyone seems think the ship works for free-at least in my world.
Going through a hydro company replacing poles on the property. (Were)
Got the big boot off the property again a week ago-what part of this don't they get-I don't work for you.

No I am not meeting with you in a 100% rain/Gale force wind event in a bush! :BangHead:

So they have a wire spool machine/10.5 ton excavator/track bucket machine, 3 large hydro bucket trucks, assorted equipment all sitting in limbo on the side of the road while we sort this poop show out.

I may be an old dog-but I don't like to lied to-nor do I care for folks doing damage to my property, and blowing it off as a whatever event.
good luck on that pep - you know the more stuff you got the more stuff you got

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great morning all wishing you all a good day. Gzzzz you guys wake up too early or I wake up too late I don't know someone is doing something wrong and I don't like it lol

Morning John
Well the worms have usually been eaten up by the time you'z CA. folks get up.
Time -3hrs is the cause.
Geez by the time you get up-blossom is ready to have her 1/2 gallon rum night cap. :laughing7:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that cannot mean "solves" or something... That would be in the hundreds... not just 4... so it couldnt be that... heh
No, no, no....they're not "solves" by the Cap'n! They are solutions *for* the Cap'n! I know I've been working a long time trying to figure out what solutions work to "solve" the Cap'n! Haven't solved the Cap'n problem yet!! :angel12:

old texan

Sep 8, 2021
smack dab in the heart of texas
Detector(s) used
white's classic II white's dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning Old texan
Isn't that the truth, simplicity is boring I find.
it ll be nice to have new poles and if they re wooden poles maybe they ll leave you the old ones - they are good for a lot of things - like giving to your neighbor

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
it ll be nice to have new poles and if they re wooden poles maybe they ll leave you the old ones - they are good for a lot of things - like giving to your neighbor
A few years ago there was talk about taking the power line right off the property.
Then they ran into the Gov't and the roads....
So the expense was too much so they aborted that plan.

At the moment we just want the old poles removed from the property.

The way life is now a days it would be a case of gifting the pole to a neighbour.
Neighbour finds out the pole was treated with a nasty wood preservative-neighbour claims it made them ill-sues me butt, Murphy's Law.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning John
Well the worms have usually been eaten up by the time you'z CA. folks get up.
Time -3hrs is the cause.
Geez by the time you get up-blossom is ready to have her 1/2 gallon rum night cap. :laughing7:
Lol fair enough but some here even time difference wise are up at like 3am or 4am. Not my cup of tea lol

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Up any later you'd be up watching Bay Watch type things on the tube. :laughing7:
By 8 I'm already thinking why am I still in there's nothing to do. But my brain won't sleep till around 10 so I just sit and ponder why I'm still up lol

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
By 8 I'm already thinking why am I still in there's nothing to do. But my brain won't sleep till around 10 so I just sit and ponder why I'm still up lol
Good amount of time to be pondering life I guess.
Gee I need some pondering time-probably end up going for a hunt in the dark with the headlamp.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a question how do I go about for a permission with a house thats gated. The house was a church in the 1800s but the gate around it isn't always open and when it is open I have no clue where the front door is. I tried asking but chicken out at the open gate as my anxiety mind feels like I'm invading privacy if I go in to try to find the front door and ask. Ugh I hate an anxiety mind.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a question how do I go about for a permission with a house thats gated. The house was a church in the 1800s but the gate around it isn't always open and when it is open I have no clue where the front door is. I tried asking but chicken out at the open gate as my anxiety mind feels like I'm invading privacy if I go in to try to find the front door and ask. Ugh I hate an anxiety mind.
Try putting a note ON the mailbox- NOT IN IT- :icon_thumright: OR, mail a letter to that address

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try putting a note ON the mailbox- NOT IN IT- :icon_thumright: OR, mail a letter to that address
That may work. No idea where the mail box is for the house. I always hope when I pass by someone is just outside so I can ask lol

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A note on the Gate ?
Maybe that lol. I just feel like notes are going to be ignored. Wish I wasn't so chicken even when the gates open the way the house faces I've no idea where the door is. In my mind me going in is intrusion and my minds like what if they think I'm stealing or something lol

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
A little scary too WD..... but ..... I might be able to treasure hunt for a living, and hand select the best fishing trips on the side. Imagine the possibilities.....I have to go for it, and prey for success. I want to be able to go anywhere at a moments notice and treasure hunt.....and maybe have budget for lodging and expenses......getting paid to go on dream hunts would be totally next level. I started fishing for a living with the same dream !! If I had the time and budget.......I would be temporarily living in vero beach and still be hunting 1715 after hurricane Nicole 🌀
A touch of destiny.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread