THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin PJ.!

Today is a gap between two firearm seasons. One day. Strange but so be it.

I'll be at the blind soon to measure a couple boards. Then make a run to a distant lumber yard.
One board is rotted and swelled enough to bind the door as it's opened.
(Mind you I've cut the bottom of that door at least three times. (!).)
I'll replace the problem child first. Then maybe another.

I have gas. A 20 lb. propane tank cabled outside the blind. A 10 pounder here at home on reserve.
Should anything fail on the stove I can go back to my one pound cylinders on catalytic heaters. But won't likely need to do that. And the cost is crazy too on them little one pounders now adays.
Unnngh.

Replaced bad board. Got mad at door and took it off to rehang.
Not my best idea for the day. Bringing shims to hold it up would have been a good idea.

Gained clearance at bottom. Gained friction at latch side against frame too. Whooie!
So I looked in the toolbox for my surform plane I used last time. Didn't find it. (well , found it there after I got home and after I looked a couple other places it might have been put.)

So , I'm carving away furiously on the frame with a tiny pocket knife listening to the house down the roads stereo jamming loud with Guns and Roses after Ozzie.
The "regular homebody" doe that has not dawdled crossing the shooting lane visible from the window I'm near decides to enjoy the music and loiter. Quite a while.
When she moved on finally her fawn was not far behind.

They probably heard me running the drill driver from thier beds earlier.
The house with the music blaring , he's been working on for months making noise. My sounds just blend with his.
Guess I don't have to worry about being quiet....

Bamasteve

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2022
Very far north of where I’d rather be
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 400
Garrett carrot
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Pro-find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The model for my new avatar. She’s an awesome pup, 2 1/2 year old golden retriever, spoiled just about as rotten as her momma and sister! Awesome personality and gorgeous just like them as well!
The source of my new avatar

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Heavy on my mind lately has been the realization that I have been retired for over a year and a half and I have not yet had one day of stay at home and day drink. What do I have to do? Make a post on Facebook so all my family and friends know to let me have a day? Well if it ever happens, you’ll be the first to know because I will be posting videos like this one….

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Heavy on my mind lately has been the realization that I have been retired for over a year and a half and I have not yet had one day of stay at home and day drink. What do I have to do? Make a post on Facebook so all my family and friends know to let me have a day? Well if it ever happens, you’ll be the first to know because I will be posting videos like this one….

Turn off FB
Then they don't know what's going on.
Take the time to have a rum break.
But don't lock the rum door, because other pirates will be like this dude......

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all.

W.D. :
You could dig a basement under your she -shed to hide in...

Here's some other ideas.
(7.22 in time on video is the featured one I'm considering...)

You going to camouflage your scooter? That would mess with a lot of people’s heads. Um you might get peed on by the dogs though. 😂

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread