THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I liked some of the features of the laundry room.
I made the builders cut out a short access door way to underneath of our stairs. They thought I was nuts with all the rooms we have and the attic over the garage. I thought it was dead space that I could use, and I do. It’s packed with holiday decorations and I don’t have to climb a stinking ladder to the attic. So crazy? Or smart?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I liked some of the features of the laundry room.
I made the builders cut out a short access door way to underneath of our stairs. They thought I was nuts with all the rooms we have and the attic over the garage. I thought it was dead space that I could use, and I do. It’s packed with holiday decorations and I don’t have to climb a stinking ladder to the attic. So crazy? Or smart?
Fire dept. doesn't like storage under stairs.

Childhood home had a paneling door under basement stairs that led to the wells water tank and pump. The tank was pretty much under the front porch.
It was my "lab" hideout.
And nice and cool in summer.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Fire dept. doesn't like storage under stairs.

Childhood home had a paneling door under basement stairs that led to the wells water tank and pump. The tank was pretty much under the front porch.
It was my "lab" hideout.
And nice and cool in summer.
Shhhh. Don’t tell on me.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well faced my anxiety and asked for permission at the house that was once an old church my efforts were in vain though of course. The lady unlocks like ten looks opening the door, barely peeps through and says "I don't know you, so talk through the window. Closes her door locks the many locks open her window. I politely ask about metal detecting she says no of course(I figured). All the while looking at me like I'm some criminal. Mind you I was completely respectful and never mind if someone doesn't want me to metal detect on there property but inside something about her attitude and looking at me like a criminal really rubbed me the wrong way. But oh well life goes on

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well faced my anxiety and asked for permission at the house that was once an old church my efforts were in vain though of course. The lady unlocks like ten looks opening the door, barely peeps through and says "I don't know you, so talk through the window. Closes her door locks the many locks open her window. I politely ask about metal detecting she says no of course(I figured). All the while looking at me like I'm some criminal. Mind you I was completely respectful and never mind if someone doesn't want me to metal detect on there property but inside something about her attitude and looking at me like a criminal really rubbed me the wrong way. But oh well life goes on
Good day John
Well you knocked on the door at least, that's a step in the right direction.
I should have said something earlier, that when you knock on a door.
Step off the pouch/steps.
Then they know the threat is less.
Oh I have it happen, it's as if I asked them if I could share the sock drawers.
Lots of doors in the world.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good day John
Well you knocked on the door at least, that's a step in the right direction.
I should have said something earlier, that when you knock on a door.
Step off the pouch/steps.
Then they know the threat is less.
Oh I have it happen, it's as if I asked them if I could share the sock drawers.
Lots of doors in the world.
I actually had done so was not even close to the door. Just happens to be one of those people that are scared of the world I guess. I'm absolutely fine with being told no I respect it but lol don't like being looked at like I'm some criminal.

Legacy X

Aug 11, 2021
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
View attachment 2015613
After a crash coarse on NFTs (non fungible tokens)im up and running with a treasure related NFT!! The whole collection will be based on my treasure finds, and there are links to the stories here on treasurenet !! Maybe I can sell digital renditions of my coins, and get to keep the real ones !!
How has this worked out for you? I notice the post was in March. I sold an inside sales company back in 2018 and after that started treasure and relic hunting full-time. The one "work" thing I kept doing was trading. I have been a trader since 1998. I turned 45 in Oct. I found your post interested because I am in the process of researching multiple ways to use defi to accomplish something in the treasure-hunting space. I am in the process of starting a DAO to fund legit treasure cache hunting for spots I have researched all over the United States. These DAOs are incredible for something like treasure hunting. They are structured so all activity is of course recorded on the blockchain but it gets even better. Every DAO investor gets a token that represents the assets found while treasure hunting but also each investor gets a vote that is even to all the other DAO investors. You can think of hundreds of examples. Say a site was very promising but once on top of it something changes and it's time to go. The right thing to do is to of course cancel that hunt and move on to the next spot. The decisions are made by the members of the DAO equally. So there is no hierarchy. In essence, this structure takes care of so many issues with traditional business structures and management styles. Hope to hear back. I have some major ideas that include NFTs as well.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love it! I have never heard that song before.
Always glad to give joy, milady!
Screenshot_2021-03-27-23-28-12.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread