THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe the legend of black ceaser is really a careening location ....... were they pirates careening there in the early 1700s.....I don't know !! But someone was there careening more than likely, and we're surprised by something or some natural event !! (Hurricane) when careening all portable goods would be brought to shore and stored under tents and thatch huts while work was done. No one leaves money in the ground like that unless threatened or marooned.....or careening.

Dakota Sioux

Nov 11, 2015
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT- Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No treasure hunting now Blossom but my work is Technical support for LED signs Gas Price, Scoreboards and Message centers. I like most digging in my yard for there are some great Sioux Quartzite boulders and Bison Bones and also farm junk they buried here since the 1800s

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
No treasure hunting now Blossom but my work is Technical support for LED signs Gas Price, Scoreboards and Message centers. I like most digging in my yard for there are some great Sioux Quartzite boulders and Bison Bones and also farm junk they buried here since the 1800s
Oh ur job sounds very grown up 😆 x Bison Bones.. 🤔 lawkes… i dont think we have ever found any of them over here! xx

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is what i definitely know concerning black ceaser
There was definitely a ring in the rock....only it wasn't in a rock, and it wasn't on ceasers rock, but it was close by this location. And it was in the base of an ancient black mangrove. Also there was 100% a treasure of 450 pieces of eight recovered very close to this spot. None of the coins dated past 1680s. The ring was one of 2.....both were imbeded in the trunk of this mangrove on either side.....one still remains.
A ring secured to rock caught my young eye years ago up North on a fishing trip.
We boated over to it and below it among the driftwood was a log boom (timber with holes each end to link to other timbers to surround floating logs to move them en masse) I spotted a foot (?) of chain hanging above the water on. But there was much more chain.
Took a while to get one oblong end link (bigger than other links) through the ring on the other end.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe the legend of black ceaser is really a careening location ....... were they pirates careening there in the early 1700s.....I don't know !! But someone was there careening more than likely, and we're surprised by something or some natural event !! (Hurricane) when careening all portable goods would be brought to shore and stored under tents and thatch huts while work was done. No one leaves money in the ground like that unless threatened or marooned.....or careening.
A vulnerable time that.
But gotta keep shipworms discouraged.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread