THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I’m still trying to figure out if she is singing “they say that miner breaks you” or “they say that money breaks you”…and if it is miner and not money…what miner is she singing about???

Ed T

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
The odds of you or I seeing anyone swimming outside today near our homes are quite low.
Your being above freezing means potential digging in the earth.
Being a dozen degrees below freezing here hints I won't be digging in the snow because of a detector sounding just right.
I will shovel snow though..

It's 10:45 A.M. here.
sometime in spring my state will go on daylight savings time and set our personal Big Bens ahead one hour.
Thus saving precious streetlamp fuel in the seventeen hundreds colonial era , or something like that.
Setting clocks back an hour in the fall isn't as fun as showing up to work an hour late on the springs savings time adjustment. Less fun if you show up an hour early!
(And we thought the two methods of measuring temperatures is crazy...)
People say Daylight SavingTime gave the farmers more daylight to get work done! I really like to know how. It gave bankers, execs, etc. more time to golf, after work, in the summer. Get off work at 5:00, okay 18 and still light at 9:00

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
People say Daylight SavingTime gave the farmers more daylight to get work done! I really like to know how. It gave bankers, execs, etc. more time to golf, after work, in the summer. Get off work at 5:00, okay 18 and still light at 9:00
Farmers hours.....
If you're getting up hours before daylight to get the milking done before school , daylight savings means little. Still going to be working after dark in the evening on a "real" farm.
When milking intervals are determined need to keep the cows perspectives involved too.
I had left milking around the time some other farms were going to milking 3 times a day.
A big enough herd and you'd be milking for a lot of hours!!
Don't recall a morning ever it was already light out before milking started. Though I milked evenings mostly. Relieving the morning crew by my being paid to do it. Not all farmers have money to give away. But some did for me.

Then there is the bonus of critters dying and or being born in the middle of the night.
Or a repair that needs completed regardless of how long it takes.
Or a predator or thief on the prowl.
What good is a clock then?

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_20230127_173016_Maps.jpg

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Farmers hours.....
If you're getting up hours before daylight to get the milking done before school , daylight savings means little. Still going to be working after dark in the evening on a "real" farm.
When milking intervals are determined need to keep the cows perspectives involved too.
I had left milking around the time some other farms were going to milking 3 times a day.
A big enough herd and you'd be milking for a lot of hours!!
Don't recall a morning ever it was already light out before milking started. Though I milked evenings mostly. Relieving the morning crew by my being paid to do it. Not all farmers have money to give away. But some did for me.

Then there is the bonus of critters dying and or being born in the middle of the night.
Or a repair that needs completed regardless of how long it takes.
Or a predator or thief on the prowl.
What good is a clock then?
Exactly. Daylight saving time doesn’t impact jobs like farming. They work the hours required, regardless

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions