THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Morning RC!!! That snow sure does keep u boys busy 😳 xx am glad we see more on Christmas cards than we do in reality 😆 xx 🤗
Oh sure , busy.

Personally, what I consider busy might be related to my ambition level.
You know what I mean?
basset-hound-14.jpg

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Dang RC, that sounds like the winters we use to get around here in Central NY. The last few years have had less snow and warmer temps.
Where are you located?
Kinda S.W. of the center of the lower peninsula of Michigan.
Been a mild winter. Only plowed once.
Had a year several or more years back that even starting out leaving room for more snow I had the road down to a tight single lane by the time spring was near.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Working on a new live edge table top. This is a piece of cuban mahogany that's been stabilized with epoxy, and is in the final stages of epoxy work and sanding. Just a beautiful slab of native wood from the Florida keys....perhaps it will become a console table or coffee table. Time to start thinking about a base for it.

#flipfloploggers
#cubanmahogany
#liveedgeslab
#liveedgefurniture
#liveedgeslabs
#epoxypour
#nativewood
#floridakeys
#keystrees
#mahogany
#urbanlogging
#loglot

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got out of the water....it wasn't bad. So I guess the game begins. I know there's been some hunters not going because it's cold......im gonna start early......spring is here for me, and my spring suit is perfect so I think I'll go for some gold tomorrow.....if it stays nice weather like today !!

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Link for posted to second Gold cross thread I addressed...

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Road is plowed.
Most of two driveways. Need to move my regular truck, but where to put all the snow on it? L.o.l.
Then I can clear around it.
Then hit other neighbors.

Snowblower repaired. Spare shear pin was waiting on the shed floor by the door on top of a can of premixed fuel for summer trimmer use.. (Sneaky lil thing, how'd you get here.)
Blower and truck plow pounded on with a hammer to get the ice and frozen dirt off them.
Around twenty pounds on the plow blade. Not a tidy push that way. And snow tends to backtrack away from piles when reversing that way too. Took a few tries rocking the truck to get the plow shoes broke free from being frozen to/in the ground.

Snow insulates ground until ground freezes hard. Which takes a while if it has snow on it.
So I get dirt piling in and on and freezing when exposed to the colder air above ground.
Those plow shoes transfer the cold to the ground as it sits. After it sinks...
Tough as they are , I've lost one before. Need them for the dirt road though!

MSC015701.jpg

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Road is plowed.
Most of two driveways. Need to move my regular truck, but where to put all the snow on it? L.o.l.
Then I can clear around it.
Then hit other neighbors.

Snowblower repaired. Spare shear pin was waiting on the shed floor by the door on top of a can of premixed fuel for summer trimmer use.. (Sneaky lil thing, how'd you get here.)
Blower and truck plow pounded on with a hammer to get the ice and frozen dirt off them.
Around twenty pounds on the plow blade. Not a tidy push that way. And snow tends to backtrack away from piles when reversing that way too. Took a few tries rocking the truck to get the plow shoes broke free from being frozen to/in the ground.

Snow insulates ground until ground freezes hard. Which takes a while if it has snow on it.
So I get dirt piling in and on and freezing when exposed to the colder air above ground.
Those plow shoes transfer the cold to the ground as it sits. After it sinks...
Tough as they are , I've lost one before. Need them for the dirt road though!

MSC015701.jpg
Excellent work RC… i will sleep soundly knowing ur on snow patrol…. Remember to keep a look out for icebergs… dont want to wake up knee deep in freezing water 😆 xx

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread