THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like it's been a long slow winter at the swimming hole. 2 dives and nothing of consequence......4 earrings, and 3 rings. I just can't post crap as treasure. I got 3 silver pieces, that are so small they piss me off when I spend 20 minutes searching shells for them. The feeling I get is the water is too cold still......my people watching shows only 30 minutes max for most sensible adults. But I'm gonna start early and keep it clean and discourage my competition from showing up here. The strategy is to clean the seabed once a week.....when the competition hits my spot they find nothing, and get discouraged and leave it all to me. Last year I had this spot for most of the year....at the end in August he started to jump me in line and beat me to the spot. I can tell he's been there a couple times this winter.....he missed a couple deep rings, and some clad spills !! Hope he goes today and sees its clean and hit already......I wage a psychological war on this guy every year.....he's starting to wise up to my games !! After 3-4 blankers he concedes the spot to me.....every year. Last year I crushed his ego after he saw me pull 2 golds in front of him. Boat goes in the shop next week.....then I have a whole different war plan !! You gotta have big boy pants in south florida......competition is fierce !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@DanMcG I see your in upstate New York ?? Am I right about that ? If so how far from Gilbertsville would you be ? I'm debating on going up and hunting a bit this summer. Family has a old house there and a farm.....its been good to me for hunting, and I've missed the last couple years. Would be cool if you were close by for a hunt if I go up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread