THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@ARC
Apparently after reading the regs on shells they have decided that 20 is now the limit on recreational shelling.....thats 20 live organisms/shells. They have increased the limit by 5 more from last season. Now when you read it right.....thats a per person limit....not a total boat limit !! That means if i have five people on the boat that technically i could have 100 shells a day !!

So I can only have 5 of any one species at a time. I have poured over every law every year in order to formulate a plan that allows the most profitability for the type of fishing i am planning. What may sound like a lot to one person, may not be anywhere near what the reality of population numbers really are. So I was wondering if anyone had read all the way through the regulations to see what the limits were.....no one even made one Comment. So this is the same attitude i experience from many people. Most people wont read through these regulations because they dont dive for shells !! They will say something like this. Your allowed 15 shells ?? Thats insane and way to many. Those laws sound ludicrous!! And the reality is im actually allowed 20....five more than previous years. Now why do you think that is ?? Because the actual situation under the water is different from the assumptions made by people who dont get under the water enough to know. If i took a scientist out to do number counts.....they would tell you there extinct and they could find none. Its because they are pencil pushers with no practical experience actually finding them in the wild. So they charter people with experience collecting them, and know the telltale signs of snail activity. Because of an inclusive government the scientist are not allowed to hire the best shell divers to take them out and take population numbers. They have a lottery system so its fair to all. Except the environment. If the scientist pick a person with little to no experience harvesting shells.....well then there numbers are skewed.....since the person they hired to track wildlife have little to no experience and cant put the scientist on any shells they have to assume they are threatened.....the truth is the person you hired to take you out for your critical research sucks, and cant even find them because they rarley if ever do it. Then they take out us and we find hundreds in several hours. Think about this.....if the person you hire sucks at what they do, or dont care except about the gov. Check well then your science is no better.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think it's a hooky day.....drive down key and hunt spanish. Saw phippsfolly Mike last night and he got me all fired up. All this talk of treasure has me drooling so im going....see ya guys...and gals !!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all.

blossom! Good to see you posting.

OIP.Lpi3JnNteB9Ft4XkDs0CbwHaHa

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Lol there's actually some neat stuff there. My outcome is usual tons of pulltabs, aluminum foil, and pop tops. I'd consider that one a successful hunt
The last hunt where the permission came with a half share of "the gold" , I found a spoon too. A big one!
Still have it. Pretty sure it was that homesteads biggest treasure. (At least the biggest recovered treasure. L.o.l..)

But like most relics , just a spoon isn't so bad.
Who knows what holidays it shared in the old house . Good times , bad times. And which kid eventually made it disappear outdoors.
Bet Momma wasn't too happy to find it missing. And suspecting everyone!
Which leads to the funny expression of referring to someone not really trusted visiting , or just teasing someone that the silverware will be counted after they leave.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning esteemed pirates! Sorry i have been MIA.. life happens and needed to deal with a situation which has broken our hearts😔… long story short.. but if u have elderly friends or relatives please please make sure they are safe from every angle.. xx we have discovered Himself’s mother has, had all her money stolen by her other son… and there is nothing we can do, the police have investigated but because he had his name put on her accounts the money is gone xx its truely heartbreaking to no what people will do when money is involved xx

So I apologise for being away… the normal Blossom service will now return… xx i have missed u all xx 🤗 🤗 🤗 xxx 💕
This is awful! I’m sorry to hear that. It’s hard to imagine anyone would do that. 🤬😢

I’m glad you are feeling up to sailing with us again. Believe it or not, I have found chatting with these ragamuffins quite therapeutic.

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
This is awful! I’m sorry to hear that. It’s hard to imagine anyone would do that. 🤬😢

I’m glad you are feeling up to sailing with us again. Believe it or not, I have found chatting with these ragamuffins quite therapeutic.
Ahh bless u as ever ma lady, i was just to angry so put myself in a time out while we dealt with stuff.

Hopefully a bit of swinging this weekend and daily pirate banter will restore my sanity…. and faith in humanity once more 😆 xx 🤗

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who uses what for good television these days ?

Cable ? Roku ? Firestick ?

???
Cable is outta control on prices these days.
Firestick with a mix of Netflix, Hulu, and HBO MAX some of the free ones too. Ends up being a lot cheaper in the end

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions