THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JVA! Mornin!

ee0c2fd4da4b9bf6e59affbe198f0973.jpg
Same to you, out to visit my jeweler today to look at the little piece of jewelry I had found. Nice older guy always interested in my metal detecting finds. Fixed up a old family pocket watch for me and turned out looking brand new. So looking forward to seeing how he's doing.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Same to you, out to visit my jeweler today to look at the little piece of jewelry I had found. Nice older guy always interested in my metal detecting finds. Fixed up a old family pocket watch for me and turned out looking brand new. So looking forward to seeing how he's doing.
My coin and jewelry guy moved his shop into the big city.
I sure miss stopping in there.
Some interesting stories!

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My coin and jewelry guy moved his shop into the big city.
I sure miss stopping in there.
Some interesting stories!
This is a little mom and pop jeweler and he fixes all kinds of things rather amazes me how beautifully he fixes up watches and clocks. Always kind and never expects me to buy anything. Just enjoys chatting and looking at stuff I find I always appreciate that. I always try to bring him business in appreciation

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
This is a little mom and pop jeweler and he fixes all kinds of things rather amazes me how beautifully he fixes up watches and clocks. Always kind and never expects me to buy anything. Just enjoys chatting and looking at stuff I find I always appreciate that. I always try to bring him business in appreciation
I tried to "fix" a watch once.
Apparently the coiled spring is a rapid devaluation type theft device that shoots parts all over if touched .

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried to "fix" a watch once.
Apparently the coiled spring is a rapid devaluation type theft device that shoots parts all over if touched .
Yeah I won't even attempt such a thing. My brain isn't wired that way. I'd just have a mess of gears and broken parts all over lol

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well got the little piece of jewelry into the jeweler today and the diamonds are real. Still won't make it worth much but eh still neat to have some more diamonds under my belt

GlowingArtist

Oct 8, 2022
Phoenix
Did anyone see the H
Homestead Rescue episode where the Rainys were building a replacement cabin after their own one burned down? They put old colored glass bottles across part of a hole in a wall that needed to be filled. Awesome, the sun could shine through them like a version of stain glass. I love using glass or other similar materials to produce translucent looks like that. Tiffany's work is so inspirational to me.

Attachments

• imageedit_15_6436989533.jpg
    imageedit_15_6436989533.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 10

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Did anyone see the H

Homestead Rescue episode where the Rainys were building a replacement cabin after their own one burned down? They put old colored glass bottles across part of a hole in a wall that needed to be filled. Awesome, the sun could shine through them like a version of stain glass. I love using glass or other similar materials to produce translucent looks like that. Tiffany's work is so inspirational to me.
I don’t watch Homestead Rescue. I do like stained glass windows, the Tiffany lamps, etc. I am still fascinated by kaleidoscopes.

1680052554342.gif

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it looks like my old EQX 600 has died. I guess I'll upgrade to a EQX 700. Only 699$, and finally a machine with an IP-68 rating for waterproofing....now thats only to 15 feet, but at least they are meeting an internationally held standard of waterproofness. I screamed about this a couple years ago, and I'll be dammed if they haven't tried to build a machine to the accepted internationally held waterproof ratings. They never listed an ip rating before, and im hoping this will improve the watertightness of the EQX line. Guess I'll send in my 2 dead eqx 600s and get them repaired as well !!

Last edited:
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it looks like my old EQX 600 has died. I guess I'll upgrade to a EQX 700. Only 699$, and finally a machine with an IP-68 rating for waterproofing....now thats only to 15 feet, but at least they are meeting an internationally held standard of waterproofness. I screamed about this a couple years ago, and I'll be dammed if they haven't tried to build a machine to the accepted internationally held waterproof ratings. They never listed an ip rating before, and im hoping this will improve the watertightness of the EQX line. Guess I'll see d in my 2 dead eqx 600s and get them repaired as well !!
What happened to your X2 ? ? ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread