THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Great news over the holiday weekend. My 11 year old granddaughter wanted to see my electrolysis set-up. She saw some cleaned pieces, 2 being cleaned and the tote of items waiting to go in. She was enthralled. (She had helped me by running the pin pointer on a different day). We left the electrolysis area and she said, “I want to get a metal detector, they’re pretty cool.”
A little later and she said it again. I was happy to hear that!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning, prates and piratesses! The long weekend is over, and boy oh boy was it a long weekend. I came down with a scratchy/sore throat last week. No other symptoms to be had. I thought it was cause I was stressed out, 'cause that's a thing. Nope. Got up to the lake and the next day I felt I was run over by a truck and had full blown catarrh! Did ya know rum does not treat catarrh?!?!?! I so wanted to be back home, but knew I couldn't make the trip, even if we tried! Anyway, I survived. Unlike the Mr's cell phone. He laid it on the boat and forgot it until we were about 10 miles down the road. We could not find it. Probably bounced into a ditch.

It's dad's day today. I don't know where we will end up, but if'n I buy something cool, I will take a pic or two.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Great news over the holiday weekend. My 11 year old granddaughter wanted to see my electrolysis set-up. She saw some cleaned pieces, 2 being cleaned and the tote of items waiting to go in. She was enthralled. (She had helped me by running the pin pointer on a different day). We left the electrolysis area and she said, “I want to get a metal detector, they’re pretty cool.”
A little later and she said it again. I was happy to hear that!
That's great!

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Afternoon all ye pirate types!! xx
Hope ur all well xx 🤗

ah how soon the weekends pass!! Didnt get to go detecting after all yesterday! 😬 xx

In other news ive been speaking to local museum about our horse shoes.. and they want them😆 xx so will be taking a trip over to them next week! V excited xx

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Afternoon all ye pirate types!! xx
Hope ur all well xx 🤗

ah how soon the weekends pass!! Didnt get to go detecting after all yesterday! 😬 xx

In other news ive been speaking to local museum about our horse shoes.. and they want them😆 xx so will be taking a trip over to them next week! V excited xx
Now you tell us that you didn't get out detecting-I looked, and looked, and looked, hired a helper-got this look.
Screen Shot 2023-05-30 at 8.34.32 AM.png

Great news on the horse shoes, hope they'll be able to give you more information regarding them. Are they interested in doing a display-or just to have a look see?

Bamasteve

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2022
Very far north of where I’d rather be
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 400
Garrett carrot
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Pro-find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back at work today after a great weekend at home. Was even able to get a little island time in.

Attachments

• 7439E451-0EC2-4510-A6C1-EBD595318D85.jpeg
    7439E451-0EC2-4510-A6C1-EBD595318D85.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
  • 20B897B1-7217-4A44-B714-6E0EEC8380F1.jpeg
    20B897B1-7217-4A44-B714-6E0EEC8380F1.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Now you tell us that you didn't get out detecting-I looked, and looked, and looked, hired a helper-got this look.
View attachment 2086345
Great news on the horse shoes, hope they'll be able to give you more information regarding them. Are they interested in doing a display-or just to have a look see?
Ahh im sorry Peps! For future reference i will always put a link on the ship to aid you 😆 xx

I think they want to display them!!! 😍 xx will also take the medieval bridle pendant i found, incase they want that! (Its a horse museum) xx

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ahh im sorry Peps! For future reference i will always put a link on the ship to aid you 😆 xx
Now you inform me after the bloody ship has sailed. :laughing7:

Kind of like getting the invite in the mail-then realizing that the post mark was two days after the shindig....
Screen Shot 2023-05-30 at 9.02.27 AM.png

While I've got your attention-congrats on the horseshoe interest from the museum.

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Now you inform me after the bloody ship has sailed. :laughing7:

Kind of like getting the invite in the mail-then realizing that the post mark was two days after the shindig.... View attachment 2086351

While I've got your attention-congrats on the horseshoe interest from the museum.
What can i say, im sorry Peps 😔… i will rough himself up some tonight, as its his fault we didnt go !!! 😂😂 xx

Ahh thank you!! A little bit of history saved is an awesome thing!!! xx

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread