THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Groundhogg

Apr 16, 2022
Franklin, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, X-Terra Pro, Quantum II, DFX, Radio Shack Discovery 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Too busy to swing today. I feel like something is missing. I used to feel this way when I missed my daily run; many moons ago. I guess detecting is addictive. I guess I’ll need to go twice tomorrow! Do others feel this way when they can’t get out, or is it because I’m starting anew? LMK
Absolutely addictive. I've been AWOL for a couple weeks with family and events(my daughter graduated HS). Youtube videos and swinging in the back yard just don't give you the same high. BTW never really missed running 🤪

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well we took the Max in for a Lyme blood test yesterday.

I called for a price and they quoted $50, no because Max had Lyme last year it would have to be the other test $135

Get the bill and it was $50 to draw the blood, $195 for the special level of Lyme in the blood test, plus tax, so we got kissed with a $275 tab.
Bandits they truly are, they know that the heart strings are playing the free flow of the $$$.

Funny part of the drive was when I asked the Mrs to do something with the Max that was fussing in the backseat.
She turned-looked back at the road, stated " Just a second" looked at the road again.

After she attended Max and settled up straight again-I queried her on why did she do what she did?
"Well there were cars coming and"......
"Now you do realize dear I'm driving-and you are just......
The Pepper got that quick......."Never you mind" :laughing7:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Absolutely addictive. I've been AWOL for a couple weeks with family and events(my daughter graduated HS). Youtube videos and swinging in the back yard just don't give you the same high. BTW never really missed running 🤪
Congratulation to your daughter on her graduation! 👩‍🎓

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now back in the day the Pa used to sit on the front porch with the shotgun resting on the lap-keeping the young gents away from the daughter.
What's your plan of action these days?
Congrats on the graduation

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
We've got 4 grandkids spending the weekend. I think I'm going metal detecting....
What’s their ages?
I bought these for mine a few years ago. They don’t use them at home so I keep them here. I also take them with me when I go Park hunting. I can let other kids use them.

1685707509446.jpeg

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's gold in them thar swimmin holes. We now enter the deep summer phase !! Kids are getting out of school !! Guess who has to take them to the beach.....mom.....guess who's gonna have a Pina colada and invite her mom pals to the beach for pina coladas......mom.....guess who's gonna get drunk and loose her David yurman braclet ????? MOM......Once in awhile they even lose there bathing suit top !!
Gotta luv it !! Summers here !!

Gulf Coast Pirate

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2021
Bayport, FL
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What’s their ages?
I bought these for mine a few years ago. They don’t use them at home so I keep them here. I also take them with me when I go Park hunting. I can let other kids use them.

View attachment 2086876
5-15. Might take the oldest. Is that a metal detector??

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Well we took the Max in for a Lyme blood test yesterday.

I called for a price and they quoted $50, no because Max had Lyme last year it would have to be the other test $135

Get the bill and it was $50 to draw the blood, $195 for the special level of Lyme in the blood test, plus tax, so we got kissed with a $275 tab.
Bandits they truly are, they know that the heart strings are playing the free flow of the $$$.

Funny part of the drive was when I asked the Mrs to do something with the Max that was fussing in the backseat.
She turned-looked back at the road, stated " Just a second" looked at the road again.

After she attended Max and settled up straight again-I queried her on why did she do what she did?
"Well there were cars coming and"......
"Now you do realize dear I'm driving-and you are just......
The Pepper got that quick......."Never you mind" :laughing7:
Can you get pet insurance? I always thought that was a ridiculous thing, but after having a pet needed surgery I could justify it. Those heartstrings, they get you every time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread