THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Powered through the day and worked in the garden a little. Then I cleaned out my shed and reorganized. Put some insulator yard lights in front like I had before we redid the rocks. Three loads of laundry and packed the Mr some clothes and dry goods (tournament prefishing week). Finally, I did some decorating. Pardon the glare from the setting sun.

View attachment 2087997

View attachment 2087998

View attachment 2087999

View attachment 2088000
It's certainly coming together WD.
Looking great 👍

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well it was a another day of twists and turns.
Got the tractor started, and the front tire on.
The electric fence is working.
Our little Pips the hen isn't doing well.
Not egg bound, have tried to boost her energy, but sadly she's slipping.
Wife believes it's watermelon belly. It's retaining fluids around the organs.
Got a frantic call from the Mrs., the porcupine was trying to navigate into the barn area from the big trees.
3rd strike it's out.
Hate doing it, but it was too close to the house.
We've been keeping Max on a secure lead for over a week as he smells it, and is upset.
I just took another tick that was latched on my shin.
Strange day, hopefully tomorrow will be a little easier.

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Morning Campers, hope you are all well, when u finally wake up, will amuse my self by doing some work until that time, but here is a little breakfast looking for you xx 🤗

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Powered through the day and worked in the garden a little. Then I cleaned out my shed and reorganized. Put some insulator yard lights in front like I had before we redid the rocks. Three loads of laundry and packed the Mr some clothes and dry goods (tournament prefishing week). Finally, I did some decorating. Pardon the glare from the setting sun.

View attachment 2087997

View attachment 2087998

View attachment 2087999

View attachment 2088000
Ohh I have shed envy! 😳 urs is lovely, every girl should have one of
those! Xx 💕

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Well it was a another day of twists and turns.
Got the tractor started, and the front tire on.
The electric fence is working.
Our little Pips the hen isn't doing well.
Not egg bound, have tried to boost her energy, but sadly she's slipping.
Wife believes it's watermelon belly. It's retaining fluids around the organs.
Got a frantic call from the Mrs., the porcupine was trying to navigate into the barn area from the big trees.
3rd strike it's out.
Hate doing it, but it was too close to the house.
We've been keeping Max on a secure lead for over a week as he smells it, and is upset.
I just took another tick that was latched on my shin.
Strange day, hopefully tomorrow will be a little easier.
That’s quite a day Peps, sorry to hear bout Mrs Chuck 😔 xx enlighten me if you will, what is the issue with porcupines? 🤔 we don’t have them here…. , is it just the risk of stepping on one with bare feet? 🤔 xx

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning T Crew.

IMG_7245.jpeg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That’s quite a day Peps, sorry to hear bout Mrs Chuck 😔 xx enlighten me if you will, what is the issue with porcupines? 🤔 we don’t have them here…. , is it just the risk of stepping on one with bare feet? 🤔 xx
Porcupines are large rodents with coats of sharp spines, or quills, that protect them against predation

Most porcupines are about 60–90 cm (25–36 in) long, with a 20–25 cm (8–10 in) long tail. Weighing 5–16 kg (12–35 lb),

The porcupine will attack by running sideways or backwards into predators. A porcupine's tail can also be swung in the direction of the predator; if contact is made, the quills could be impaled into the predator causing injury or death
Researchers estimate the porcupine has more than 30,000 of these quills with as many as 100 to 140 growing from each square inch of skin.

So blossom PLEASE don't ever step on one of these devils.
I look at one in the wilds, no problem, but in the Pepper's yard, field, within range of the Max it's a different feeling.
Dog's and Porcupines are never a good mix-Vet bills start between $700-800 for an average hit.
Then is a per quill charge $ per quill a some clinics on top.
Screen Shot 2023-06-09 at 7.02.17 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-06-09 at 7.05.06 AM.png

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that's Burt, not Bart....
My stage name is Bart Reynolds.....in case my current film career ever gets off the ground !! Big treasure meeting via zoom with the Hollywood execs this week !! 🤞

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread