THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning everyone and happy Friday
Mornin JVA!

Hope Valley picture I think.
My thumb is not showing in it so it's a "borrowed" pic..
blob

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mornin JVA!

Hope Valley picture I think.
My thumb is not showing in it so it's a "borrowed" pic..
blob

California we got it all we can have area with cold rainy weather, desert, snow, ocean cold and warm, forest all kinds of stuff. Just wish the state was run much better than it is

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning all
Evan!

Way too dry here. minus 6 plus inches.
Rain expected Sunday. Wake up the dry stuff in time for a dry forecast to follow. We'll see how that goes.

Clear sky. Day two of such.
Started near daylight with a hoodie over a tee. It's 70 degrees now . Perfect time of year to sell the state!
(Cash only for your generous downpayment please. I'll be here till 5 .)

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
California we got it all we can have area with cold rainy weather, desert, snow, ocean cold and warm, forest all kinds of stuff. Just wish the state was run much better than it is
With a 6 foot rule in place , it is a fantastic state. l.o.l..
I wear out my claiming San Diego's as the best climate I've ever been in.
(Members who live there might think I'm daft by now...)
Don't imagine the ocean would ever get old.
Did see a guy a while back at the hospital that worked with my prosthetic before ; who was on an island off the coast there in California for quite a while before moving here. He made it sound alright.
Enough storms though ; that might get old for me...

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With a 6 foot rule in place , it is a fantastic state. l.o.l..
I wear out my claiming San Diego's as the best climate I've ever been in.
(Members who live there might think I'm daft by now...)
Don't imagine the ocean would ever get old.
Did see a guy a while back at the hospital that worked with my prosthetic before ; who was on an island off the coast there in California for quite a while before moving here. He made it sound alright.
Enough storms though ; that might get old for me...
I've been to Emperial Beach in California 8hrs from me. It is beautiful. But yeah California is so expensive and full of issues it makes the nice appeal of the climate and all the neat things we have hard to enjoy as much as one should be able to.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok ok ok I quit !!
  • [Sam rigs a cannon to the front door of Bugs' campaign headquarters]
    Yosemite Sam : No one will vote for a flattened-out rabbit skin, I always say.
    [Runs to the back door and knocks]
    Bugs Bunny : Oh, you?
    Yosemite Sam : Yes, rabbit. I come to extend my hand in friendship. I like you, rabbit. You're a good Joe.
    [Taps his foot on floor]
    Yosemite Sam : Someone knocking at your front door, rabbit.
    Bugs Bunny : Excuse me, Doc. I'll be right back.
    Yosemite Sam : [to himself] In little bitty pieces.
    Bugs Bunny : That was someone for you, Sam. She said to mention St. Louis.
    Yosemite Sam : St. Louis? Emma! Yahoo! Emma, here's your Sammy boy!
    [Runs out to front door; Explosion; comes back all burnt and dazed]
    Yosemite Sam : Same old Emma. Full of laughs.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Soooooo.....looks like we all get our pew pews out and strap up for the Florida ok corral !! Carry your piece with no permit or Training coarse ?? Well see what happens ?? I'm ready....quick draw and sharp aim is the game 🎮
I've had a CC license for decades. I'm not sure what types of folks will now be armed here in Florida but for sure the criminals have always been carrying. That’s a good reason to arm yourself. Politicians can't seem to understand that criminals do not abide by gun laws.

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going back....only once in a while that a guy can go to a beach and maybe hit a pot hole in the rocks and sand that might have 10 or 20 gold dabloons, or pieces of eight !! That could be substantial !!.......ya know.....big boy treasure.....not a cobb in a cornfield !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20230609_131551.jpg

57 or 58 have been found that I know of between different people !! Some with the same design but twice the weight and size !! Johana.....Portuguese gold minted in Rio de jenero, and then lost or pirated in the bahamian out islands......who lost this much gold, how much is still there, and how much silver was lost too. Why did no one else save it or rescue it ? Was it a disaster? Was it buried, was it lost in a shipwreck? How come there's so many different types of money ? Was it common practice to have spanish and Portuguese money together? How could so many years of coinage be accumulated in one cache, a cut pillar dollar dated 1732, 1747 gold, and 1776 bust 8 reale !! and who transports cut pieces too. Only other evidence on site is square iron fasteners, and a small grapnel anchor. So many more questions in this treasure cache.....im gonna try and go back and really dig in to it.....literally!!☠️☠️☠️

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm going back....only once in a while that a guy can go to a beach and maybe hit a pot hole in the rocks and sand that might have 10 or 20 gold dabloons, or pieces of eight !! That could be substantial !!.......ya know.....big boy treasure.....not a cobb in a cornfield !!
Oh oh.
I'll take a cob if you know where ones hiding near me. L.o.l......

The possibilities when leads are solid.
Then being on some of those remote sites you hit...
And imagination gets the boot and reality becomes quite real. Only the difference in time having passed ; and traffic.

I write that confidently after my big silver potential almost sure bet adventure years ago thumped on the ground with a groan upon finding the sites having been invaded. Or better put , near buried in equipment and horses wandering about within the equipment. And a newer (since the original homestead) home and buildings.
Granted I needed to narrow things down to a small area. But apparently a heck of a lot of equipment can fit on an acre or so. And horses can fill in the gaps. L.o.l..

I just couldn't knock on a door. It felt to laughable just imagining trying to swing in that mess , let alone get through it. And I didn't want to explain why I was really there beyond a detecting hobby and a former old homestead there. "There" (the X) likely being buried under more junk. (And I like junk. Just not where I might detect.)
Asking anyone to move metal stuff out of the way was not going to happen. If they didn't run me off for knocking in the first place.
I bet I could hide something metal pretty good on such a site though!!!

Ahh well. Next!
A lonely open cornfield with a cob? :laughing7: Hook me up!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions