Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other

enigmatic51

Greenie
Mar 29, 2022
I been looking at this guy for years trying to understand what he's all about. Is it the Dutchman's rock that he said he carved it to make a man out of it or a Spanish/Mexican marker and if so, whats he looking at and how far? The rock has been carved...notice the chin area. The enclosed picture I never notice before all these years...rather strange... the holes at the base of Rocky. They seem very symmetrical for pure chance...He's near the Horse Head which is over three hundred feet long! As a matter of fact I am on my way to it from Las Vegas, NV...NOW...

Attachments

• Dutchman 2.jpg
    Dutchman 2.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

skyhawk1251

Nov 9, 2018
Kingman, AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There is a horse head on Palomino Mountain. Could enigmatic51 be standing at the top of the mountain in his photo? I can see that the rock man's chin has been shaped by chiseling.

001.png

enigmatic51

Greenie
Mar 29, 2022
There is a horse head on Palomino Mountain. Could enigmatic51 be standing at the top of the mountain in his photo? I can see that the rock man's chin has been shaped by chiseling.

View attachment 2018335
No Sir...it's miles away from this mountain, but in the Supers...Found him in 1999 and I am trying to get to it tommorrow and get more pictures...other abnormalities...but in this game it easy to let the imagination get carried away and you see things that are not implied, but Maybe there...it's a pain...Update...the horse head is about 250 feet long...

Last edited:

enigmatic51

Greenie
Mar 29, 2022
Well after going out there today I highly doubt the Dutchman made this rock head. I think this is someone else's work. My reason is the rock head face is looking directly threw a gun site at the top of a hill. And if so, he looking far and away...I think I know whats its looking at and found a suspect glpyh, but I cant crack it...

Attachments

• crop.jpg
    crop.jpg
    684.7 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

skyhawk1251

Nov 9, 2018
Kingman, AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
enigmatic51 -- It's very obvious that your rock man is looking directly through that notch in the rocks. Since chiseling his face took some time and effort, I'd say there are two choices to be seriously considered for why he was created. The primary choice would be that he is pointing the direction to something important. The secondary choice would be that he was created to divert attention away from something important. I favor the primary choice for his existence, although even as a "decoy" he could also serve as a trail marker for the person who created him.

TNET_001.png

TNET_002.png

enigmatic51

Greenie
Mar 29, 2022
enigmatic51 -- It's very obvious that your rock man is looking directly through that notch in the rocks. Since chiseling his face took some time and effort, I'd say there are two choices to be seriously considered for why he was created. The primary choice would be that he is pointing the direction to something important. The secondary choice would be that he was created to divert attention away from something important. I favor the primary choice for his existence, although even as a "decoy" he could also serve as a trail marker for the person who created him.

View attachment 2018787

View attachment 2018788
I concur...I do think its primary purpose is to led to something, not to send someone down the wrong path. There are too many other abnormalities in the area for a false alarm. Rocks that have drilled holes, about 5 of them rather nearby...they look like drag stones for arrastras but don't look worn, a heart carving with a lightning bolt on a boulder, a horse head 250 feet long and the rock man can only be seen looking down hill...not up...just looks like a rock outcrop...so, I think its Spanish/Mexican trail marker...obviously the first clue are the biggest, but as they keep pointing to the next clue they get smaller and the form or clues change. I have taken a compass reading off what direction it is pointing, but if I am right magnetic declination may have to be taking into consideration...Example: in the year 1810 magnetic north at that time was facing a different direction at this particular geographical location...so it maybe off as much as 10 degrees...obviously the father the next clue is more error amplified. If that is correct then what ever your compass is reading you have to do the math to get the real reading...But again, what date would you pick!? My personal choice... 1848! We all know the history of that date at this location. If not than that means it most likely Spanish...and if so who knows when that could have been...I guess you would have to take an average magnetic declination over what ever the data base the USGS can provide. The games we play!

Last edited:

skyhawk1251

Nov 9, 2018
Kingman, AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
enigmatic51 -- My guess, and this is purely a guess, is that the heart/lightning bolt petroglyph indicates that you are on the trail, if the petroglyph is above the rock man. The lightning bolt could indicate that you are near the end of the trail. If the lightning bolt is straight up and down, I'd say you would want to directly face the petroglyph and proceed in that direction, if possible. If the lightning bolt is pointing left or right you would want to go in that direction. Other signs/symbols might not be on rocks; they could be carved into cacti, or in the form of stacked rocks, or in the form of rocks placed in patterns on the ground. I'm sure someone here on T-net can tell you exactly what the petroglyph means. I think you are on a trail to something.

skyhawk1251

Nov 9, 2018
Kingman, AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
enigmatic51 -- And the lightning bolt could be a sign for a death trap at the end of the trail. Since you don't mention any evidence of mining activity, any death trap could be a ways off, but exercise caution.

enigmatic51

Greenie
Mar 29, 2022
enigmatic51 -- My guess, and this is purely a guess, is that the heart/lightning bolt petroglyph indicates that you are on the trail, if the petroglyph is above the rock man. The lightning bolt could indicate that you are near the end of the trail. If the lightning bolt is straight up and down, I'd say you would want to directly face the petroglyph and proceed in that direction, if possible. If the lightning bolt is pointing left or right you would want to go in that direction. Other signs/symbols might not be on rocks; they could be carved into cacti, or in the form of stacked rocks, or in the form of rocks placed in patterns on the ground. I'm sure someone here on T-net can tell you exactly what the petroglyph means. I think you are on a trail to something.
Sorry, I failed to mention the heart/bolt is not on or next to Rocky...it's a good hike away but on a trail at the bottom of the peak to Rocky...I understand that the lighting bolt is a trap...I don't have access to that pic right now...

enigmatic51

Greenie
Mar 29, 2022
Again, if I am reading it right the heart bolt with drill hole rocks come first. Then a trail up the peak to Rocky, Rocky is pointing or looking to the next clue...the clue if I am reading it right is across the valley floor at a considerable distance...I think I have it, I have shown a group of symbols to others that are in the game and they said, your damn close, there's a trap take the lousy tunnel of the two, if you get that far...they did there best to talk me threw the puzzle, but failed to complete it. Maybe it was the best...I remember I had access to a Whites TM 808 two box detector...not only could it detect metal but more importantly cavities or tunnels! That was what I was looking for! I was ready that morning to check it out and I felt uneasy all morning...I got mad and yelled to myself, WHAT! I thought came to mined and it was...LET IT GO! After a few moments I did and felt relieved and relaxed...werid...I don't expect to find whatevers at the end of the rainbow...but I did try...
enigmatic51 -- And the lightning bolt could be a sign for a death trap at the end of the trail. Since you don't mention any evidence of mining activity, any death trap could be a ways off, but exercise caution.

enigmatic51

Greenie
Mar 29, 2022
I know its not a dead nuts looking bolt, but I think its sends the message of a bolt. Thats a lot of tapping to do to miss the center portion...but I am will to listen to others on this one. Just got home to Las Vegas, NV...I would have stayed longer, but the wind was blowing and my allergies are killing me! A shame...its going to get real hot soon...In any event I think I am done for this cycle of WTF is going on! lols...

Attachments

• Heart2.jpg
    Heart2.jpg
    507.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Heart1.jpg
    Heart1.jpg
    504.3 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

EDN

Apr 17, 2016
Gilbert, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab Eureka Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry it took me so long to get back with the forum. Unfortunately, this will be a short be a short message too. However, I wanted to share with you all the picture of the Rock that looks like a man I believe Waltz was referring to in his death bead confession. Not sure how the quality will look. I had to reduce the size of the file to upload.

The rock is lying on its face and broke in two. The top of the head is on the right side of the picture. I will convert some others tonight and post some close-up pictures. Notice the pointed part at the head and how it broadens out as if these were shoulders. Not sure exactly, but I think the rock is about 5 to 6 feet tall if it were standing. I did not have a tape measure when I took the photo.

The second picture was taken about 15-20 yards away. The rock is near the end of a point of a ridge. I don't mind sharing the location. However, I would like to share how I found this rock and the complete trail I think Walts took from Verdery River just below Fort McDowell to the mine.

This rock is on a trail the military traveled. It is also on the left side of the trail about 1/8 of mile where the trail turns south.

Attachments

• Rock_Looks_Like_Man2.jpg
    Rock_Looks_Like_Man2.jpg
    708.7 KB · Views: 99
  • The rock from about 20 yards.jpg
    The rock from about 20 yards.jpg
    739.8 KB · Views: 100
  • face down in dirt.jpg
    face down in dirt.jpg
    642.9 KB · Views: 93
  • face down notice shoulders.jpg
    face down notice shoulders.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 93

skyhawk1251

Nov 9, 2018
Kingman, AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Enigmatic51 -- I returned Thursday afternoon from my first trip to the Superstition Mountains. What I see inside the black box could be man-made, or maybe not. The choice is your's. I see depressions with right-angle sides on the left, and possibly disturbed ground on the right.

TNET_003.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread