flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went for a walk through the Bradford Reservoir this afternoon. Walking through the north forest I stumbled upon a stack of roughly 20- 8' long sticks with fabric tied onto the ends with bailing wire, soaked in lamp oil and all rapped in a plastic bag then duct taped together.

image-1218473414.jpg

image-213599422.jpg

I removed one of the torches, the best one, it was a bamboo torch. Probably for the elder's.

Seems there is plans for another reenactment or some kind of ritual?
Anyone in the vicinity should keep a close eye on the reservoir tonight and the next few nights for that matter. You can view them from the Dams northeast embankment around midnight.

FYI They do this periodically. And for the people whom know about this already, the torches is about 50 yards from the lions tree, near the footbridge!

Does anyone know anything about these people??

HH

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went for a walk through the Bradford Reservoir this afternoon. Walking through the north forest I stumbled upon a stack of roughly 20- 8' long sticks with fabric tied onto the ends with bailing wire, soaked in lamp oil and all rapped in a plastic bag then duct taped together.

View attachment 907008

View attachment 907009

I removed one of the torches, the best one, it was a bamboo torch. Probably for the elder's.

Seems there is plans for another reenactment or some kind of ritual?
Anyone in the vicinity should keep a close eye on the reservoir tonight and the next few nights for that matter. You can view them from the Dams northeast embankment around midnight.

FYI They do this periodically. And for the people whom know about this already, the torches is about 50 yards from the lions tree, near the footbridge!

Does anyone know anything about these people??

HH
Gee too bad there used to be a whole thread about the Saxons at Warrington Don't know where it went

Last edited:
OP
OP
flyadive

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The thread disappeared, guess they had enough of it! That Reservoir is still active. People are nuts! They make the Forest a lodge for reenactments?

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still trying to resurrect that old thread? A thread that was deleted, the OP banned and labelled as a hoax?

What makes you state that these are saxons and not boy scout torches?

V

Edit: In a search I saw a local cub scout bulletin board where the den mother postponed the night time award cermony due to weathers. Don't mess with their torches.

Last edited:
OP
OP
flyadive

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still trying to resurrect that old thread? A thread that was deleted, the OP banned and labelled as a hoax? What makes you state that these are saxons and not boy scout torches? V Edit: In a search I saw a local cub scout bulletin board where the den mother postponed the night time award cermony due to weathers. Don't mess with their torches.

Yes V, I'm resurrecting that old thread. Until there is no weird thing happening anymore, I will continue to investigate. Because that is what I like to do... Hunt. The thread was deleted because someone believed (not proven to me) that the OP was telling us a fib. I don't know the truth, do you?
Something is definitely not normal in the land of OP. I would like to learn more.
Boy Scouts maybe , cub scouts I doubt?
Anyhooo I will continue periodically to visit the Bradford Reservoir in hope of learning something new. I'm sure that it will die a slow death eventually.

image-1813037299.jpg

Is this something the cub scouts would
Make? Found nearby. There was a hole dug underneath and it was covered with a tarp!
Someone is spending to much time in the woods.

lorddean13

Jun 13, 2012
Warminster PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you move from Jersey to Pennsylvania and just happen to come upon this on a walk in a tract of land no where near where you live?

OP
OP
flyadive

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you move from Jersey to Pennsylvania and just happen to come upon this on a walk in a tract of land no where near where you live?

No, Sometimes my work brings me close to warrington as did today.
It was a nice day for a visit.
I walked the forest. The torches Could have been planted a month ago?

lorddean13

Jun 13, 2012
Warminster PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does this have to do with treasure or hunting treasure?

TreasureNet is about treasure hunting, metal detecting and prospecting. We expect our members to post messages generally related to these main topics. While we do provide some more generic forums, like Favorite Music, Today's Snapshot, etc., the general subject of TreasureNet is treasure, and treasure hunting. Thank you for helping us keep our content on topic.

OP
OP
flyadive

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This post has to do with Pennsylvania and the people that live near Warrington, why not ask your girl friend to check it out during her hikes? I know Reading is a little bit aways from there. I feel your concerns, but as you probably know. The best thing to do is to talk to others about what is bothering you. Whether it would be a treasure you found or an accident that disables a person. Sometimes it's best to talk about it, haven't you learned that in therapy? Better to talk about your finds with others. Common sense tells me to.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes V, I'm resurrecting that old thread. Until there is no weird thing happening anymore, I will continue to investigate. Because that is what I like to do... Hunt. The thread was deleted because someone believed (not proven to me) that the OP was telling us a fib. I don't know the truth, do you?
Something is definitely not normal in the land of OP. I would like to learn more.
Boy Scouts maybe , cub scouts I doubt?
Anyhooo I will continue periodically to visit the Bradford Reservoir in hope of learning something new. I'm sure that it will die a slow death eventually.

View attachment 907225

Is this something the cub scouts would
Make? Found nearby. There was a hole dug underneath and it was covered with a tarp!
Someone is spending to much time in the woods.

Just think,

A hundred years from now you can dig that out!!:laughing7:

Attachments

• Poop.jpg
    Poop.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 880

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fly
While I don't have a problem with you posting a "find", it should be labelled for what it is: "torches", not "Saxon torches" unless you have evidence to support it.

BTW, I like your new writing style. And I wouldn't pick up that tarp if I were you.

V

OP
OP
flyadive

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fly While I don't have a problem with you posting a "find", it should be labelled for what it is: "torches", not "Saxon torches" unless you have evidence to support it. BTW, I like your new writing style. And I wouldn't pick up that tarp if I were you. V

I only labeled it "Saxon torches" to get the attention of people as yourself.
Pretty sure the OP would have called it that too !?

Anyone in the area could check it out if they want to take a walk, walk to the footbridge from Bradford ave. turn right approximately 30 yard before you reach the bridge, follow trail and maintain that distance from the creek. You will notice a group of blowdown tree's 75 yards in.

OP
OP
flyadive

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But yours doesn't have the scatman dancing in it. Is that you on the gamecam? I believe you said it was. Doesn't look like you had your MD on you. What's with that?
V

OP
OP
flyadive

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
But yours doesn't have the scatman dancing in it. Is that you on the gamecam? I believe you said it was. Doesn't look like you had your MD on you. What's with that? V

Yes ,it was I.
I put the MD down to check the camera for pics. Only had deer on the camera. But hay! That's what it was meant for.

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always a reason. You should accept that the last nail has been driven on the coffin.
HH
V

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread is locked...any followup threads on subject will also be locked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread