Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Has anyone ever ran into a town that was named Jamestown Missouri? Not the same Jamestown Mo. as listed these days, but another one that existed in 1871 between St. Joseph and Savannah Mo. in Andrew County?

Thanks, L.C.
JIMTOWN, MO... "Extinct town in ANDREW COUNTY, MO.... extinct location of the town site is unknown.... founded in 1839 & a Post Office called JAMESTOWN was established in 1841-1850. (Wiki)...

J.H.Crenshaw

Greenie
Dec 10, 2018
Detector(s) used
AT Max, ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last known location in jimtown was the church

Feature Name:Jimtown Church (historical)
Category:Missouri physical, cultural and historic features
Feature Type:Cultural
Class:Church
County:Andrew County
Latitude:39.8286054
Longitude:-94.8194101
GNIS ID:746498

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a Jimtown or Jamestown in North Carolina where President Jefferson Davis and his cabinet members stayed while on their flight from Richmond going South. I found the building where Trenholm and his people stayed. There is a tunnel in the basement and get this it goes down hill to the railroad as the house sits on top of a hill. My brother and I went searching around and found a large depression about a quarter mile away and the strangest thing on each end of the depression was a railroad spike with the head cut off pointing in towards the depression. On the opposite side was a brass plumbob pointing towards the depression. We could find nothing on the other side as there was a large downed tree. I never have gotten permission to dig there but I sure would like to. Good luck L.C. Baker. I do not know if this helps you any or not?

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a map with Jamestown on it. I was wondering if anyone had heard any stories associated with the town and residents.

L.C.

Are you talking about the one that was OFF the map by 1899?

Kace

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Last known location in jimtown was the church

Feature Name:Jimtown Church (historical)
Category:Missouri physical, cultural and historic features
Feature Type:Cultural
Class:Church
County:Andrew County
Latitude:39.8286054
Longitude:-94.8194101
GNIS ID:746498
Nice map with historical location...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
In northern St. Louis County, MO; "must have" book may be OLD JAMESTOWN ACROSS THE AGES by Peggy Kruse. HH! Good Luck! Have FUN!

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC 2300, Makro Deephunter Pro 3D, OKM EXP 4500 Pro, Garrett Hand Held Detectors, Falcon MD 20, English dowsing springs, Darley Spanish Dip Needle, L-Rods, what’s left of my brain :o)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KGC Greeting.jpeg

KGC Alphabet.png

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other

I think that was a code used by only "some" of the K.G.C. in the early years before the war. After 1863 when they were going to jail for treason they got a little bit sneakier! Usually just a card or letter full of numbers decoded with a specific numbered document. OR...Did I miss your point completely?

:icon_thumleft:

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC 2300, Makro Deephunter Pro 3D, OKM EXP 4500 Pro, Garrett Hand Held Detectors, Falcon MD 20, English dowsing springs, Darley Spanish Dip Needle, L-Rods, what’s left of my brain :o)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that was a code used by only "some" of the K.G.C. in the early years before the war. After 1863 when they were going to jail for treason they got a little bit sneakier! Usually just a card or letter full of numbers decoded with a specific numbered document. OR...Did I miss your point completely?

:icon_thumleft:

CivilWarCipher1.png
CivilWarCipher0.png

Here are some The War of Northern Aggression ciphers.

Enjoy

LUE-Hawn

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1685274
View attachment 1685275

Here are some The War of Northern Aggression ciphers.

Enjoy

LUE-Hawn

If you don't already have it Lue, I believe you would enjoy this book named The Code Breakers. It is well worth the money. :icon_thumright: Julius Sterling Morton and some friends of his used to set and figure out the coded messages in the classifieds that people sent to each other in the 1880s. He was a good cryptologist just like A.P. When George Bickley was arrested in July of 1863 they found some of the old codes on him and some other records I believe. I would have to read about it again to be sure myself.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/th...MIjv3h0Jfb4AIVBqppCh0b3QT-EAQYBCABEgKhAvD_BwE

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
So even if I somehow find these safes, they might be empty.
According to the story, this depository was really big.

The reshuffling of the caches after the Civil War did occur to me previously.
The reason is that the story takes place after the war and
mentions that gold was taken aboard the transport ship at Tampa and Mobile in particular.

Franklin, would you like to give a short explanation to this new treasure hunter of where the K.G.C. money went, who had control of it after the war, and exactly how much of it there was? :occasion14::icon_thumleft: I am afraid I would only confuse them!:tongue3:

L.C..jpg

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franklin, would you like to give a short explanation to this new treasure hunter of where the K.G.C. money went, who had control of it after the war, and exactly how much of it there was? :occasion14::icon_thumleft: I am afraid I would only confuse them!:tongue3:

View attachment 1836217

I am sorry L.C. Baker, that would take more space than a volume of books could contain. There were hundreds and hundreds of billions of dollars in gold and silver. The money can be found among the wealthy even today. There is still hundreds and hundreds of billions of dollars still buried and unrecovered. But most is still guarded by the sentinels of their heritage. Some has been forgotten about due to death of the only person of each cache that is known. The wealthy and the powerful today in industry, railroads and other commerce are the beneficiaries of most of the KGC loot.

Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The KGC and the freemasons were everywhere. They had connections all over the country! The KGC has 58 depositories just on the East coast.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions