Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This mine isn't like the other you know all over there . You just lost the chance to find it .
And I don't need a guess . I didn't find the mine in the pictures by guess . You have to know reading maps and treasure signs . Unless you will pan all the way to the mine , like the Peraltas did . Manuel Peralta was a good prospector and good in making maps and treasure signs . I knew where to look for this mine , from the first second I have read some treasure signs about .
If believe you will find the ore cache by panning canyons close to Apache Trail , then you don't need a guess but a miracle .
Just my guess .

Marius, just out of curiosity how many times have you been to the Superstition Mountains and spent time on the ground there hiking and exploring? I'm not trying to be combative or disrespectful but it seems that most of the images and "signs" that you post are taken using Google Earth - just wondering whether you have seen any of the things you believe are mines up close and have photos you can share.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I have a problem with treasure signs. Why hide a treasure then make a sign showing everyone where it is?
my thoughts are all these old silly maps were made to throw people in a different direction other than your goods...or to make them spend their entire life chasing these maps so they dont ever have time to look for the real treasure..just saying:BangHead:

OP
OP
markmar

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marius, just out of curiosity how many times have you been to the Superstition Mountains and spent time on the ground there hiking and exploring? I'm not trying to be combative or disrespectful but it seems that most of the images and "signs" that you post are taken using Google Earth - just wondering whether you have seen any of the things you believe are mines up close and have photos you can share.

Paul

You knew I wouldn't answer to your question about I have been in the Superstitions . This would remains a mystery for now . Always my Spirit is there .
Yes , the most images were from GE , but sometimes I provided cropings from real pictures . Is on me when and what kind of picture i will post . You have to take it like you see it . Others , never have something to show even a GE image that could fit the debate of the posts .
On the other hand , think about , who would be the joker and the con if somebody would go where I told and found nothing ? Me of course ! Who would like to be derided in a public forum ? Not me !

Enough with the offers . Now , let's go back to the stone tablets concept . If somebody has something to write about , let's continue .

Last edited:
OP
OP
markmar

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some Greek solo bouzouki songs to accompany you in you thoughts , works and trips

Have you recognize the Phoenix bird engraved on the instrument ? Coincidence ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
markmar

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A crop from a real picture ( not aerial ) which shows the Trail region ( in yellow oval ) . The Trail is about 72 meters long , and the church ruin is on the " spur " . The country of the trail is a rocky moutainside .

The trail.jpg

OP
OP
markmar

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a problem with treasure signs. Why hide a treasure then make a sign showing everyone where it is?

There is a difference between fake signs and accurate . Some people draw a sign somewhere and don't know the meaning , but just put it there because see it in a book or is a sign that has nothing to do with the treasure's sign code . A skilled treasure hunter knows if a sign is in the right place and what represents .
The mine from the post #55 which you have seen it the GE image , is the mine shaft ( marked by me in the rectangle ) which is depicted in Manuel Peralta map ( used in " Lust for gold movie ) bellow the " knob " mine ( marked by me in the circle ) and beside the number 7 .
These mines are not so close like the map shows , but also not too far apart . The sign which shows where is located the one from the other , is the hook sign above the bull's head near those mines in the map .

the knob and the shaft.GIF

Lucky Baldwin

Nov 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some Greek solo bouzouki songs to accompany you in you thoughts , works and trips

Have you recognize the Phoenix bird engraved on the instrument ? Coincidence ?

Hey markmar you should try some good ol' American music. I'll start you at the beginning, the first rock n' roll tune ever recorded.

This is Jackie Brenston with Ike Turner's band.

"Move on out, boozin' and cruisin' along." My how times have changed...

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Owner of the Real Stone Maps Please Stand Up!

I guess since old Travis faked the stone maps I must be the only true owner of a real honest to God carved Stone Map in existence! I never gave it any thought until now. With all the Hoopla surrounding the up coming TV Special about them Tumlinson's. I always thought the proof the maps were real would be broadcasted on Discovery and not Travis's version of a carved poster for a deranged minded Trickster Treasure Hunter!

So here is a set of true stone maps. We now know the only stone map that was not fabricated by anyone other than it's author hundreds of years ago. This is the only one of these ever found in the field and posted to my knowledge. It's not a grave stone. This was found in an ancient mining area next to some rich silver and gold deposits. Very hard to get to and very hard to find!

What do you think it reveals?

View attachment 1624636

OP
OP
markmar

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Bill

The explanation of this stone map goes like this :

The first up line is the rock ID . You can see the number 1 has almost the shape of this stone . The word " CON " is what the " C " from the second line means .

The second line and the shape below " say " : " Go 8 degrees north-west from this stone mark till you find a range/part of range or an elongated hill which runs North to south . The target is about in the middle of that hill and the entrance is on the west side .

Last edited:
OP
OP
markmar

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey markmar you should try some good ol' American music. I'll start you at the beginning, the first rock n' roll tune ever recorded.

This is Jackie Brenston with Ike Turner's band.

"Move on out, boozin' and cruisin' along." My how times have changed...

Nice music LB . I like also the symbols on the disc .

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Markmar has not sunk in yet has it. The stones are only Travis artwork. You need to look at what was his inspiration

OP
OP
markmar

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Markmar has not sunk in yet has it. The stones are only Travis artwork. You need to look at what was his inspiration

The stone maps are so real as you are . But maybe you have not the proper beliefs and skills to be able to find their location .
Travis inspiration was his adventured young life , and after the discovery of the real stone tablets , was his dreams to be at the same level with the stone maps author . He only could make up his own stone maps and his own target , to live his dream of treasure stone maps maker and treasure owner .
Oh yes , childish dreams .

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The stone maps are so real as you are . But maybe you have not the proper beliefs and skills to be able to find their location .
Travis inspiration was his adventured young life , and after the discovery of the real stone tablets , was his dreams to be at the same level with the stone maps author . He only could make up his own stone maps and his own target , to live his dream of treasure stone maps maker and treasure owner .
Oh yes , childish dreams .

Marius, What Frank is trying to explain to you is the original stone maps were never found, never bought, never owned, never dug up, they were manufactured (fabricated, carved, drawn up, faked, modern day chiseled by hand) by Travis this is a fact! RG's research has already proved this with no shadow of a doubt. It's like a child's doodle. It has no purpose other than a playground toy. To search for anything on those maps with out the rest of the inspiration documents Travis used as a tool for his fake stone maps is a waste of time. It's like having a few pieces of a jigsaw puzzle and no picture on the box. None of it is in the right order for finding anything. Travis made sure no one would find a darn thing with his fake maps. He was only looking for someone that could explain the few symbols on the real map he had in his possession at the time. So, he created the fake stones as a ploy to gain the rest of the knowledge on those few symbols he needed to complete HIS real map. Very sneaky and underhanded way of using other people to gain knowledge he did not possess. Hell, we don't even know if the map he had that was used for his fake carved stone Peralta Maps was a real map. None of this has been proved! His whole family knows he faked the stone maps.

I personally know some of the symbols are real and were used in the process of hiding mines / Treasure. He probably acquired those from Mexican Archives during one of his trips down there like Chuck Kenworthy did later on.

The stone maps lead to no where.

Oh, except to a Desert Movie Set starring Blake the GPR man! He used a "Star Chart" for finding L&L!
You might say Blake was "Dancing with the Stars" until he danced off of the stage with movie props. Pay no attention to the man behind the cactus! Nothing to see here movie along...

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marius, What Frank is trying to explain to you is the original stone maps were never found, never bought, never owned, never dug up, they were manufactured (fabricated, carved, drawn up, faked, modern day chiseled by hand) by Travis this is a fact! RG's research has already proved this with no shadow of a doubt. It's like a child's doodle. It has no purpose other than a playground toy. To search for anything on those maps with out the rest of the inspiration documents Travis used as a tool for his fake stone maps is a waste of time. It's like having a few pieces of a jigsaw puzzle and no picture on the box. None of it is in the right order for finding anything. Travis made sure no one would find a darn thing with his fake maps. He was only looking for someone that could explain the few symbols on the real map he had in his possession at the time. So, he created the fake stones as a ploy to gain the rest of the knowledge on those few symbols he needed to complete HIS real map. Very sneaky and underhanded way of using other people to gain knowledge he did not possess. Hell, we don't even know if the map he had that was used for his fake carved stone Peralta Maps was a real map. None of this has been proved! His whole family knows he faked the stone maps.

I personally know some of the symbols are real and were used in the process of hiding mines / Treasure. He probably acquired those from Mexican Archives during one of his trips down there like Chuck Kenworthy did later on.

Oh, except to a Desert Movie Set starring Blake the GPR man! He used a "Star Chart" for finding L&L!
You might say Blake was "Dancing with the Stars" until he danced off of the stage with movie props. Pay no attention to the man behind the cactus! Nothing to see here movie along...

Hmm, we will see.. always some truth in every story

OP
OP
markmar

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill

Travis relatives said the stone tablets from the museum were never carved/touched by Travis . Maybe he made different copies of these maps , with different clues , to keep them in sight and to lure the t-hunters to no where . Also we didn't see yet the " original " stones which some Travis supporters claimed to have in his possession , nor anything else which can prove how was the prototypes from which the stone tablets maps that are at the museum were inspired .
Even if the real maps would been disposed in sight in the downtown Phoenix , nobody would been able to recognize where the maps lie , because they were made to be cached at the start of the Trail , in a specific place in the heart of the mountains . This is the reason nobody could find the real Trail and the real target from the map .

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other

Riley,

Nothing RG presented proves anything, Travis a con artist, No! Nothing found dug up or explained away by the mighty RG holds any water. Even the ending is never dealt with. So you and Frank must think highly of the Golden Jr Boy, Not to be mean about it, But you's Two Better Ask yourself who was trying to sell a Movie.

Your Wrongly supporting the Idiot over common Sense.

Take Care misguided ones,

Babymick1

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If Travis were alive & reading this thread, he would be laughing his ass off!

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill

Travis relatives said the stone tablets from the museum were never carved/touched by Travis . Maybe he made different copies of these maps , with different clues , to keep them in sight and to lure the t-hunters to no where . Also we didn't see yet the " original " stones which some Travis supporters claimed to have in his possession , nor anything else which can prove how was the prototypes from which the stone tablets maps that are at the museum were inspired .
Even if the real maps would been disposed in sight in the downtown Phoenix , nobody would been able to recognize where the maps lie , because they were made to be cached at the start of the Trail , in a specific place in the heart of the mountains . This is the reason nobody could find the real Trail and the real target from the map .

The only place in the mountains where the stone maps trail started was in the back of Travis's motel room where he carved them!
Real Maps? At this point there's only a few that have seen the parchment or skin maps the stone maps came from. Even those have no provenance. Like I said before the only true stone map ever found in the field is the one I found years ago and it looks nothing like the one Travis made. It does have an "18" on the front of it and a "47" on the back. Maybe Travis had seen another version on the stone map I found and used it for making his? I left my stone map where it stands in the middle of no where on that pile of rocks. I think I may go get it now after seeing it's the only real stone map in existence!

I could go bury it for a few years and fake a discovery of the utmost importance! Then I'll take pictures of the stone map on the bumper of my car claiming I found it with a map written on a dirty pair of "Depends" my dear old grand pappy left me after he died! I could change my name to "Riley Tumbling Son" and take video's of myself tumbling down a mountain with a stone map a crumbling as I go?

Either way, I'm sure my stone map leads to massive treasures of the southwest that many will die for in the hopes of solving the mystery of grandpa's dirty dungaree's treasure map. Many people will ask me where the stone map trail starts. I'll just tell them in a whisper calling them close so I can speak into their ear very faint and quietly: "That Depends"! It would sure compete with that new show on TV, whats it called? Oh, ya, that's it "Pooper's Treasure"! Or, another would be "Treasure Mess". Either way it has a certain smell to it don't you think?

View attachment 1625674

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread